Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Alaska and Southwest

myoface
08-22-2007, 05:51 AM
I have just been hired by both Alaska and Southwest. I have a class date at Alaska, and in the pool at WN. What are the ramifications of going to AS and then leaving after 6 months or so to go to WN?

I am mostly concerned with the people that wrote me letters of rec at AS.
Would this affect them in a negative way?

Would AS have issues with the fact that I did not have a type rating at my interview and when I show up for class I have one?

Would WN have issues with doing this, and would I even have to let them know, since my background checks are being done now?

While this is a nice problem to have, I dont want to let one opportunity slip away while waiting for another, as we all know crazy things happen in this industry!

Thanks!

bizzum
08-22-2007, 06:00 AM
Why waste Alaska's time and yours when you know you are going to leave for WN? Just wait it out until you get your class date with WN, and stay at your current job, where you are probably making more money than a first year AS pilot. I would also imagine that your sponsors at AS would NOT be happy if they got you a job and bailed on them 6 months later. JMHO

7576FO
08-22-2007, 06:37 AM
I'm just an FO at American. Not one qualified to give advice, but..isn't there some saying about take the 1st class you can get and figure it out later?

Both good companies. Best wishes.

Rocket Bob
08-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Take the class at Alaska and wait for Southwest to call you. Southwest may call you in six months, or it could take a year or a whole lot longer. You may go to AS and find out you really like it there, and decide to stay on. Maybe Southwest decides to buy Alaska while you're there, then what? Crazy industry, do what's best for you and your family.

Outofthebox
08-22-2007, 08:20 AM
It depends on your situtaion. If you are currently at a job that pays more get your type ASAP and wait for SWA. If not go to Alaska do the ground school and sims start flying and if you want to stay do so if not take what you have learned and use it to do well at WN. In the end it is what do you think will give you the best QOL how ever you define it.

mike734
08-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Take the class at Alaska and wait for Southwest to call you. Southwest may call you in six months, or it could take a year or a whole lot longer. You may go to AS and find out you really like it there, and decide to stay on. Maybe Southwest decides to buy Alaska while you're there, then what? Crazy industry, do what's best for you and your family.
Speaking as a Captain for Alaska I'd say Rocket Bob has the best advice. Never turn down a class date. SW may never call. If they do, you THEN have a decision to make.

BTW, if you leave Alaska after 6 months or a year, you will be doing more to help us in our latest round of negotiations than anything you could ever do by staying. Personally, I wish every class would have 50% no shows.

757Driver
08-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Absolutely take the Alaska Class and if SWA calls and you'd rather go there, beat-feet. I'd personally stay at Alaska as you will probably move-up faster there. As for your reccommendees, explain the situation to them AFTER SWA gives you a class date. Your reasons for leaving should be pretty compelling as these are both excellent carriers.

Nice work getting hired by both, congrats!

xtwapilot
08-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Always look out for yourself and your family first. Take the job at AS, being in the pool is simply that, being in the pool, you don't have a seniority number, nor are you an employee of SWA yet. Go to AS, enjoy the flying, when SWA comes calling, and you still want to go there, leave, but make sure you leave on good terms with adequate notice. That should not cause any heartburn with your friends nor AS. Good luck

xtwapilot

JBwillfly
08-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Wow, I always heard mostly negative and "black-listed" things. Has anyone heard or had the personal experience of doing this??? What did the losing company say???

JB

myoface
08-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Thank you all for the advice and info. Let me give some of my thought process. I also believe that one should never pass up a class date. That being said, I also feel that the odds of WN never calling me is slim to none, although as I said earlier...this is a messed up crazy industry! Also, AS would be a significant pay cut, and then to leave after a few months would just prolong the first year pay woes. (Although WN is certainly higher first year pay) I would love to do some of the flying AS has to offer, but not sure it makes financial sense to spend more than one year at first year pay to do that flying.

Mike734, what do you think AS would say when they see a 737 type rating on my cert on the first day of class? I interviewed and did not have it, but got it shortly after my interview there when I learned that I had been selected by WN. Will they freak out about that?

I know this is my choice to make, but I appreciate all thoughts...keep it coming! After 9-11, I never thought I would be in a position to make this type of choice, so I never really thought about it. I do know several friends who are getting multiple job offers, so I think that as a whole that is a good thing for pilots!

757Driver
08-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Wow, I always heard mostly negative and "black-listed" things. Has anyone heard or had the personal experience of doing this??? What did the losing company say???

JB

Happens at CAL every day. Guys are bailing in droves and I don't blame them one bit. Our first year pay and no medical bennies for first six months is outrageous. Who cares about the departing company, do you think they care when you get furloughed?

Green Banana
08-22-2007, 09:43 AM
ALK will not care that you have a 737 type now. You are hired. The next time that you will take the license out of your pocket is after you pass your sim and get your fancy 737SIC on it. Just before you take the sim, tell the instructor you already have a type. He will not care, he is a line pilot, he has nothing to do with the hiring process. The company has already sunk $30,000 into you.

PS, it is good training and great people. Nowhere to go but up from here.

C5Guy
08-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Happens at CAL every day. Guys are bailing in droves and I don't blame them one bit. Our first year pay and no medical bennies for first six months is outrageous. Who cares about the departing company, do you think they care when you get furloughed?

I'd have to agree with this. I think in this day in age you need to do what is best for you and your family. We had a guy in my NH class that said he was just here at WN to wait for UPS. UPS finally called him and after 3 months he left. There are plenty of guys around to replace him, just as there will be people to replace you at Alaska or Southwest or wherever you land. (pardon the pun)

USNSkytrainII
08-22-2007, 09:53 AM
I wouldn't worry about the 737 type-rating issue. I had the type rating on my resume along with the FE written and still got hired. I don't think it will be a big deal in training, and I doubt anyone would even notice/make a deal out of it. Come to AS and go to WN later if you feel that it's necessary. Like the others said, do what's best for your situation. It's just business.

BZNpilot248
08-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Well, CEO's get tens of millions in annual bonuses from the board of directors or sharholders from their respective companies to "retain their management talent" and keep them from jumping ship in short order or some BS like that - maybe its time that sentiment gets passed onto pilots! Business is business. Some Food for thought....

Outofthebox
08-22-2007, 11:29 AM
It looks like you made your mind up when you went and got the type rating. I would stick with your current job and wait for SW. It sounds like you would be starting in April or May if things do not change. If they continue to have classes it could be in Jan. I would also agree that you will be hired by SW they are still growing every year.

HercDriver130
08-22-2007, 12:03 PM
First, what I think doesnt mean squat. But if it was ME, I would probably do the lesser of two evils but the higher risk move which would be to stay put and wait on SW. I know thats not conventional wisdom as preached here but thats just me. NOW, if it wasnt SW or another premium carrier then I'd say bite the bullet now and go to AS. If you choose SW now and let the AS class go someone else who wants AS will get it. If you take AS NOW and later decide you dont want to go to SW, someone will get that slot as well.
Good Luck, and congratulations.

BoxFlyer
08-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Do whats best for you and your family. You can always leave one company for another. Think big picture: pay, benefits, job security, growth, etc. I think SW's track record over the last 30 years speaks for itself. Don't loose sleep on what the company will think, they'll furlough or cut your pay in an instant.

UWpilot
08-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Faceman,

As a 7yr. FO for Alaska, I share the same sentiments as Mike734. You are in the driver's seat. Take the job. After 6 months you'll be so tired of being jerked around on reserve that you will be running for the door. Just out of curiosity, are you from the Northwest?

myoface
08-22-2007, 02:10 PM
UW,
I currently live in the SEA area, but did not grow up here. One of the reasons that WN is more attractive to me is the varied domiciles. While I love the NW, i dont know if we want to live here forever. Both our families are near a WN base. Plus, we have found that we like to move around every few years, WN gives me the ability to be near bases and live around the country.

Just for the record, I am less concerned with what the company will think about me leaving as I am about how my desicion will affect the people who wrote me letters. I know the company would not think twice about furloughing or cutting pay (as has been illustrated), but friends of mine put their name behind me, I dont want to screw them.

UPSAv8tr
08-22-2007, 03:44 PM
I couldn't have said it better.

mike734
08-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Mike734, what do you think AS would say when they see a 737 type rating on my cert on the first day of class? I interviewed and did not have it, but got it shortly after my interview there when I learned that I had been selected by WN. Will they freak out about that?

ALK will not care that you have a 737 type now. You are hired. The next time that you will take the license out of your pocket is after you pass your sim and get your fancy 737SIC on it. Just before you take the sim, tell the instructor you already have a type. He will not care, he is a line pilot, he has nothing to do with the hiring process. The company has already sunk $30,000 into you.
PS, it is good training and great people. Nowhere to go but up from here.

What he said. Nobody will care what your licence says now.

Well, CEO's get tens of millions in annual bonuses from the board of directors or sharholders from their respective companies to "retain their management talent" and keep them from jumping ship in short order or some BS like that - maybe its time that sentiment gets passed onto pilots! Business is business. Some Food for thought....
Excellent way to look at it.

Eskimo Jet
08-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Myoface,

Don't worry about the guys who wrote you letters, it will not affect their careers. Take the job at AK if you enjoy working there, stay. If not take the job at SW. Do what is best for YOU.

7576FO
08-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Myoface,

Don't worry about the guys who wrote you letters, it will not affect their careers. Take the job at AK if you enjoy working there, stay. If not take the job at SW. Do what is best for YOU.

The one's that vouched for you used their "Silver Bullet" they will never ever be able to "Vouch" for anyone again...

Obviously, you were not a true friend to someone you asked a favor for.

There are Thousands of Pilots who'd love to work for AS...you apparently don't think so...

Maybe you should wait for the SWA Class.

I'd be really ****ed if i bent over backwards to get a "Friend" on at American and then he decided to go to JetBlue (for example)

I have 2 friends that are CA's at AS, I believe they said it is called "Silver Bullet"

Shame on you Dude.

757Driver
08-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Shame on you Dude.

Oh please. Skip the drama. This guy must be a new-hire to speak like that.

You've been given excellent advice on here, (except for Elizabeth Taylor above). Do what you think is best as you can't go wrong at either carrier.

mike734
08-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Oh please. Skip the drama. This guy must be a new-hire to speak like that.

You've been given excellent advice on here, (except for Elizabeth Taylor above). Do what you think is best as you can't go wrong at either carrier.
Damn, you beat me to it. Good call.

myoface
08-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah...no more Silver Bullet at AS. Get your facts straight before you slam me. Are you not the one who told me to take the first class and sort it out later?
If you notice in this whole thread my main concern is not screwing my buddies who wrote me letters. BTW, I talked with all of them about the fact that I had a WN interview and they still wrote me letters. I have also talked to them briefly about the ramifications of going to class and then leaving.

alaskafo
08-22-2007, 09:20 PM
I am sort of in the same boat. I am going on year 3 at AS with a spot in the pool at WN. If I was anywhere else, it would be a no brainer. I would go to WN. Right now, I don't know what I am going to do. I really like the AS flying and living in the northwest. Things aren't great here right now, due to negotiations. But I really feel that things (pay) will get better with this new contract. I can't consider pay as a deciding factor since we all know pilot pay rates change with every contract. Right now Southwest is at the top as far as pay goes, but next year it will probably be someone else. You can only make decisions based on what you know today because you never know what is going to happen tomorrow.

7576FO
08-23-2007, 04:04 AM
Yeah...no more Silver Bullet at AS. Get your facts straight before you slam me. Are you not the one who told me to take the first class and sort it out later?
If you notice in this whole thread my main concern is not screwing my buddies who wrote me letters. BTW, I talked with all of them about the fact that I had a WN interview and they still wrote me letters. I have also talked to them briefly about the ramifications of going to class and then leaving.

I flew for Horizon for a decade before American. Alaska is a great airline. I always wanted to work for them.
I spoke w/ an AS CA bud of mine last week. We did not talk about interview stuff. I did not realize they had dispensed with the Silver Bullet. But I have heard Him say over the years how far you (they) have to go to recommend someone.
So to read here that you are much more willing to walk away is interesting.

The reason I wrote earlier that you should take the 1st class avail is just that, it's a class. The other is just an offer of employ until you're actually sitting in ground school.

I don't feel I was being a drama queen, and my goal is not to be defensive.
There's a LOT of pilots that really want to work for AS.

In 2000, I did what I could to get a guy on at AA, he got an interview and hired at AA. He also was hired at AS. He took the job at AS. He's closer to CA there. I don't get to talk to him much since.

16 years to CA at AA right now.

WaterSkr
08-23-2007, 08:11 AM
I have just been hired by both Alaska and Southwest. I have a class date at Alaska, and in the pool at WN. What are the ramifications of going to AS and then leaving after 6 months or so to go to WN? .............

While this is a nice problem to have, I dont want to let one opportunity slip away while waiting for another, as we all know crazy things happen in this industry!

Thanks!

If Alaska is a place you would rather be than where you are now, without SWA in the picture, then take the class at Alaska and make the decision whether or not to go to SWA when the opportunity arises. You never know, you may like Alaska enough to stay there.

I have more "Congratulations" letters than most (AAA, TWA, CAL, UPS and by default AA) and I am still in the throws of an ULPC "Ultra Low Pay Carrier".

So be honest with your friends that recommeded you, be as honest with your future employer as you can be without jeopardizing your career goals and everything else should fall into place.

Good luck in your decision.

de727ups
08-23-2007, 10:57 AM
7576FO brings up the good point about being respectful towards your sponser. For sure, I would get that persons input on the matter of how to handle the AS vs SWA issue. Just including them in the loop, at least, is important to maintain your relationship with that person.

I once recommended an Alaska pilot at UPS. Long time ago. He got an interview, got hired, and then chickened out and stayed at AS. Left me wishing he had figured that all out before I recommended him. In any case, I figured UPS would never accept another recommendation from me and I wouldn't have been surprised if they hadn't.

myoface
08-23-2007, 11:03 AM
727....Can you get me a job at UPS...then this would all be moot point!!! :)

Seriously though....I have been upfront with my friends. They all said that the recommendation process is not what it used to be at AS. The most important thing for me is to not screw them. Hence the question here and the conversations with them.

I have yet to make a choice, but I am leaning towards staying put until WN calls and just going there. (unless that UPS job comes thru!!!)

reddog25
08-23-2007, 11:37 AM

JB

Next in line please.................

UWpilot
08-23-2007, 12:00 PM
MYOFACE,

I wouldn't be to concerned with making your buddy at AS looking bad if you bail for SWA. We had a certain ex-VP of Flight Ops who recommended some real winners. One guy lost his job because he refused to pay the hooker for her service. The pimp got involved and instead of "paying up" he caused some kind of ruckus. That didn't stop the company for hiring more of his buddies.

I have recommended plenty of guys in the past and they have been shot down. How should I feel when my word and that of six other pilots are not good enough for some HR stoolie and some management pilots who can't fly worth the *******. I don't actively recruit anybody to work for Alaska. As a courtesy to my friends I write the recommendation. Oddly enough, they really want to work here.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Green Banana
08-23-2007, 12:08 PM
PLEASE DO COME TO ALASKA, THEN LEAVE if SWA calls.

Respectfully explain the Q.O.L. and pay issue to the airline and thank them for their time. That is the best thing you can do for yourself and all pilots at ALK.

LAXFO
08-23-2007, 07:33 PM

Respectfully explain the Q.O.L. and pay issue to the airline and thank them for their time. That is the best thing you can do for yourself and all pilots at ALK.

BINGO!!!!!

LAXFO

757Driver
08-23-2007, 08:27 PM
We had a certain ex-VP of Flight Ops who recommended some real winners. One guy lost his job because he refused to pay the hooker for her service. The pimp got involved and instead of "paying up" he caused some kind of ruckus. That didn't stop the company for hiring more of his buddies.

Was it Findog or Forrest?

Al Aska
08-24-2007, 03:43 PM

Sing it Brotha!

AKfreighter
08-24-2007, 07:54 PM

What everyone should be doing everywhere. Get the point across to all management.

av8instyle
08-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Dude -
Regarding the LOR process, that has been completely changed. We barely have a vote now, let alone power to get someone in the door. The silver bullet program is dead.
Also, this is purely business. Nearly everyone getting hired here has some sort of LOR. And the classes have no-shows. That should tell you something.
I honestly believe that your buddies will understand. And if they don't, then they probably have management's ear.
All of that being said, two years ago we were paid more than SWA plus a pension. Contracts change all the time. You never know what it will look like on the next one. They are both pax airlines and honestly, Alaska has done pretty well in the last 30 years as well.
My opinion - if I had to choose one this minute I would pick the one that had the easiest commute. But since you have time I agree with those that say take the job at Alaska because you never know what will happen in the future. If and when SWA calls then you will have been exposed for long enough to make an informed decision. It's business - and family. Treat it like a business decision that is best for your family.

UWpilot
08-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Was it Findog or Forrest?

Mike Swanigan.

757Driver
08-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Mike Swanigan.

Swanigan had a whole host of other problems beside that. Probably one of the worst VP's they ever had.

757Driver
08-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Dude -
Regarding the LOR process, that has been completely changed. We barely have a vote now, let alone power to get someone in the door. The silver bullet program is dead.
Also, this is purely business. Nearly everyone getting hired here has some sort of LOR. And the classes have no-shows. That should tell you something.
I honestly believe that your buddies will understand. And if they don't, then they probably have management's ear.
All of that being said, two years ago we were paid more than SWA plus a pension. Contracts change all the time. You never know what it will look like on the next one. They are both pax airlines and honestly, Alaska has done pretty well in the last 30 years as well.
My opinion - if I had to choose one this minute I would pick the one that had the easiest commute. But since you have time I agree with those that say take the job at Alaska because you never know what will happen in the future. If and when SWA calls then you will have been exposed for long enough to make an informed decision. It's business - and family. Treat it like a business decision that is best for your family.

Excellent post. Right on the money and probably the best advice yet.

lzakplt
08-26-2007, 10:56 AM
That is an entertaining story about the new hire getting canned for the ruckus his unpaid lady friend caused in the hotel.

Mookie
08-28-2007, 05:09 AM
Swanigan had a whole host of other problems beside that. Probably one of the worst VP's they ever had.

75 driver...

Isn't there a picket line you should be crossing out there somewhere? go find it...again.

Swani is one of the most respected guys out on line. this guy, 757 driver, is a clown.

Mookie

757Driver
08-28-2007, 05:38 AM
75 driver...

Isn't there a picket line you should be crossing out there somewhere? go find it...again.

Swani is one of the most respected guys out on line. this guy, 757 driver, is a clown.

Mookie

Sorry to disappoint but I was hired in '87. Typical uninformed type, call 'em a scab without finding out if they really are. No dark cloud following Swanigan around at AS is there?

You might want to ask UW Pilot about Mikes checkered past. Thanks for the kind words though.:rolleyes:

legend
08-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Myoface,
I am sure that is a difficult decision, but my advice is unlike others. We all send out are applications to different companies and wait for an ananswer. You are in a very unique position having two great airlines offering a job. My advice is go with one you like most and commit to them, dont be a ride the fence kind of guy. Why do you think some airlines wont hire people with a 737 type, because they know when SW calls you are gone. I dont think anyone would notice or care if you went to AS and then left to go to SW 6 mo later, but I dont its best. DO what is best for your family and hold on to that integrity.

Good Luck

Mookie
08-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Sorry to disappoint but I was hired in '87. Typical uniformed type, call 'em a scab without finding out if they really are. No dark cloud following Swanigan around at AS is there?

You might want to ask UW Pilot about Mikes checkered past. Thanks for the kind words though.:rolleyes:

if it walks like a duck,
quacks like a duck,
talks like a duck,.....

you are welcome for the kind words...no go on and moleste collies in your spare time.

I'll ask Swani myself about his "checkered past."

Mookie

coyote
08-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Never fails to amaze me how these airline interviewers have it all figured out; "yes, I so want to only work for XXX airlines"

Mookie
08-28-2007, 07:02 AM
I always go into an interview thinnking that at some level I'm interviewing them and kind of "flip the script" during. havn't been turned down yet, nor have I been dissapointed with my choices.

remember, interviews are a two way street.

Mookie

757Driver
08-28-2007, 07:43 AM
I'll ask Swani myself about his "checkered past."

Oh sure, I'm sure he'll fess up to you. You obviously haven't been there very long if you don't know about his past.

Just ask around the campus, (especially the JA guys), and I'm sure you'll get an interesting history lesson.

And its molest, not moleste Einstein.

Mookie
08-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Oh sure, I'm sure he'll fess up to you. You obviously haven't been there very long if you don't know about his past.

Just ask around the campus, (especially the JA guys), and I'm sure you'll get an interesting history lesson.

And its molest, not moleste Einstein.

It's also...

Uninformed...rather than Uniformed. (read your original response to me)

stick to your own airlines problems...and so will I.

Mookie

757Driver
08-28-2007, 08:20 AM
It's also...

Uninformed...rather than Uniformed. (read your original response to me)

stick to your own airlines problems...and so will I.

Mookie

All righty then.

I happen to like your airline a lot, just don't agree with your take on Mr. Swanigan, (as do countless others at AS).

Back to molesting and Scabbing.

mike734
08-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Remember Mookie, Mike was part of the problems that lead to AS261. He was in charge or, at least, in a position to challenge Fowler. Mike is a great instructor and a nice guy but I'm not sure he was the man for the job at that time.

Huggy Bear
08-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Myoface,
Why do you think some airlines wont hire people with a 737 type, because they know when SW calls you are gone. Good Luck

Is this really true? (honest question - I'm new to the airline world) Which airlines? Does it have the same conotations of a scab, since you paid for your own training? What about the reasoning that if you are clueless to the airline world, getting the ATP at the same time as the type can show you if you have any aptitude or desire for this business. I'm glad I got the 22 hours in the sim flying the type of flights that I understand you do in initial training; I got much more out of it than if I just flew a king air for a few flights to cram for an ATP.

Obviously getting bumped to the front of the line for SWA interviews is a bonus. Until recently, the were the best opportunity to get hired by a major, and a good one at that. Is getting the type really putting all of your eggs into one basket?

myoface
08-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Huggy,
No, getting a type is not putting all your eggs in one basket. I know multiple people that have been hired at AS with a type. I know people that have been hired at other airlines with a type. Personally I am opposed to getting a type before there is a job offer, however, had I gotten the type before the interview, I would have been a lot further up the list at WN.

To all...I appreciate all your input, I can see this thread is starting to drift. I have come close to a decision, there are a couple of factors that I dont know yet, and when those become known, I will finalize my choice. Thanks for you help!

QX400
08-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Anyone know where I can get a sim and interview prep for AS?

myoface
08-29-2007, 07:11 PM
QX...PM me your email address. i have some stuff for you. no sim ride...

Albief15
08-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Lots of opinions here...I throw in mine as both an interview coach and a sponsor for a few guys at FDX.

As a coach--I always say "take the class, and give yourself options..." If hired by a 121 carrier, you will have pay, benefits, and stay current. (important for those military guys getting out after retirement). A couple things can happen along the way too...you might just find out your B plan actually fits your life better than plan A! Or...as we sometimes see with dramatic results....Plan A can blow up due to a host of external reasons. It is ALWAYS good to have a flying job.

Now--as a sponsor--everyone has their own take, but here was mine. I would not recommend a guy I really didn't like and want to see do what was best for HIM and his family. I had a buddy get hired by SWA and FDX. I told him I really couldn't care less where he went (and I didn't). If he "stiffed" me to go to SWA, my CP might think a little less of my recs but I didn't offer the rec for FDX's benefit, I offered it for my buddy. I probably won't recommend more than 4-5 guys during a lifetime there, and hiring waves and CPs come and go. I'm not so concerned about what my boss thinks of my recommendations that I will roach a lifelong friend or squadron mate and guilt them into taking a choice not best for them.

In short--if I don't like you enough to let you "burn" me, then I won't recommend you. Conversely, if I give you my recommendation, it is completely free of any strings or emotional baggage. This is just a job. Its just business. I love my company, and I think if you join us here you are going to be very happy. But it is your choice...and Godspeed.

QX400
08-29-2007, 10:13 PM
myoface, how do i PM?

myoface
08-30-2007, 08:12 AM
have no idea, i cant PM you, so if you want to post an email address I will get in touch with you.

Outofthebox
08-30-2007, 08:16 AM
myoface, how do i PM?

You need to have 5 or 10 posts to be able to PM then just click on the user name and choices drop down and pick send a PM.

QX400
08-30-2007, 01:09 PM
number 333333

QX400
08-30-2007, 01:10 PM
number 4444444

QX400
08-30-2007, 01:10 PM
5555555, sorry!

QX400
08-30-2007, 01:11 PM
still didn't work.....

QX400
08-30-2007, 01:51 PM
myoface,

[email protected]

thanks!

Justin Case
09-04-2007, 12:59 PM
[quote=myoface;219162]I have just been hired by both Alaska and Southwest. I have a class date at Alaska, and in the pool at WN. What are the ramifications of going to AS and then leaving after 6 months or so to go to WN?

After six months at Alaska you will be ready to leave.:) I guess after 6 years with Alaksa I have become jaded, but so is everyone else I fly with. Don't get me wrong, it is still an O.K. job, but there are much better choices within the major airlines. This has become very noticable with the fact Alaska can not fill their newhire classes. The latest rumor is they might cancel one later in September.