Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : SWA Training?

JetLee
08-23-2007, 05:57 AM
I am in the pool for Southwest. I am trying to plan my finances out for my first year. Can anyone tell me what kind of pay you get while in training and then ave for 1st year pay on the line? Thanks.

zippy
08-23-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm just a poolie, but my buddies have told me $2000 every 2 weeks in training and $55K-$80K for the first year, depending on whether or not you want pick up extra trips (at second year pay). Good luck swimming!

mulcher
08-23-2007, 08:20 AM
I didnt work any extra and my first year was about $54,000 w/o including PD. Training pay is about $2000 every 2 weeks. You are not paid PD while in training. However, the beer is free at the hotel from 5-6 I think. We get a good discount at the hotel on food.

Outofthebox
08-23-2007, 08:30 AM
I didnt work any extra and my first year was about $54,000 w/o including PD. Training pay is about $2000 every 2 weeks. You are not paid PD while in training. However, the beer is free at the hotel from 5-6 I think. We get a good discount at the hotel on food.

What hotel points club do SWA Pilots use. Is it priority club or are there several. Do you have to pay for your hotel while in training do you get points at the hotel while in training? How many free nights do you accumulate in a year?

pilotgolfer
08-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Airlines get discounted rates at the hotels, so most places you cannot get any points.