Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : SWA LAS bid results??

Outofthebox
08-28-2007, 07:03 AM
What was the outcome? How did it affect the other bases? Is Las Vegas the junior base now?

Raidr17
08-28-2007, 08:52 AM
For FOs LAS went way junior, however all the NH are still going to OAK. Seems like LAS turned into another stopping point for people moving out east like MCO is/was. Right now with 8 months on property I would be at 55% or so out of LAS. I am staying in OAK right now for other reasons and will be at 71%. Can't wait to see the lines out of LAS and if there are any red eyes on it.
Raidr

Outofthebox
08-28-2007, 09:00 AM
For FOs LAS went way junior, however all the NH are still going to OAK. Seems like LAS turned into another stopping point for people moving out east like MCO is/was. Right now with 8 months on property I would be at 55% or so out of LAS. I am staying in OAK right now for other reasons and will be at 71%. Can't wait to see the lines out of LAS and if there are any red eyes on it.
Raidr

What exactly does 55% and 71% mean? Does it mean you are half way up in senority in Las or what?

Raidr17
08-28-2007, 11:30 AM
From the top percentages. So 55 above, 45 below.

Outofthebox
08-28-2007, 11:44 AM
From the top percentages. So 55 above, 45 below.

Thanks for the info. If you had to put those numbers into number of pilots in each base what would that work out to?

Thanks again

Sr. Barco
08-28-2007, 03:12 PM
LAS went VERY junior on the F/O side and fairly junior on the Captain side. It was a much needed break up of the west coast seniority. A 7th year captain will be off reserve and a 1.5 year F/O will be at least 50% on the list. Who knows what the lines/trips will look like but I bet they're great. We fly non-stop to almost every Southwest city from LAS so there will probably be lots of long haul flying.

The percentages are exactly that. If you are 65% on a 100 pilot seniority list you are number 65. LAS has 199 captains and 195 F/O's in October. So if you are 55% you are number 107.

S.B

Outofthebox
08-28-2007, 04:12 PM
LAS went VERY junior on the F/O side and fairly junior on the Captain side. It was a much needed break up of the west coast seniority. A 7th year captain will be off reserve and a 1.5 year F/O will be at least 50% on the list. Who knows what the lines/trips will look like but I bet they're great. We fly non-stop to almost every Southwest city from LAS so there will probably be lots of long haul flying.

The percentages are exactly that. If you are 65% on a 100 pilot seniority list you are number 65. LAS has 199 captains and 195 F/O's in October. So if you are 55% you are number 107.

S.B

That is what exactly what I was wondering as how many were based out of LAS.

Thanks.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1