Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Background Checks

kouk
09-11-2007, 11:01 AM
OK, I know how to check my credit score and my credit record, but how do I do a background check on myself using the same agencies the majors use? speeding ticket checks? FAA check? etc...

I have a clean background, but 8 years ago I had a case of identity theft and want to make sure there is nothing lingering out there.

If any of you HR guys are out there, please advise.:)

Lalo37
09-11-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm curious about this too. I have a misdeameanor case pending against me for trespassing and if all goes well and it goes away soon, I want to know what if anything would show up on any background check

⌐ AV8OR WANNABE
09-11-2007, 11:41 PM
I'd say PRIA checks are the most important ones as far as the FAA...

71Kilo
09-12-2007, 05:55 AM
National Driver Registry

It's free but you have to send in a notized request and it takes at least 2 weeksonce they get the request.

rickair7777
09-12-2007, 06:59 AM
I'm curious about this too. I have a misdeameanor case pending against me for trespassing and if all goes well and it goes away soon, I want to know what if anything would show up on any background check

If you were arrested, but not convicted, that will not show up on any of the "normal" checks.

However...airlines may ask if you were ever arrested for anything, and in that case you should probably be honest. Trespassing is pretty minor and if it gets thrown out, that's even better. It would be possible for an airline to learn of an incident like that if they conduct a private background check in addition to pulling the national records. I suspect AA/eagle would do that, not too sure of any others.

Minnesota_Flyer
09-12-2007, 07:05 AM
If you were arrested, but not convicted, that will not show up on any of the "normal" checks.

However...airlines may ask if you were ever arrested for anything, and in that case you should probably be honest. Trespassing is pretty minor and if it gets thrown out, that's even better. It would be possible for an airline to learn of an incident like that if they conduct a private background check in addition to pulling the national records. I suspect AA/eagle would do that, not too sure of any others.

Arrests do show up on the FBI fingerprint-based check and on the private background checks that most airlines will run. A pending misdemeanor trespassing probably wan't adversely impact you, but get it resolved if you can.