Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Sniper
09-13-2007, 09:23 AM
I was asked to remove this post

Bucking Bar
09-13-2007, 09:40 AM
At DAL, PDX, UPS, CAL I say forget the $6,000. At AirTran, it is a tough call. How large are the AirTran classes?

Slice
09-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Would Air Tran be his last stop or if he got an offer at DAL, UPS, FDX, etc., would he pick up and leave? If he plans on being there for life I'd go for seniority, if not or not sure, take the money.

Eric Stratton
09-13-2007, 11:26 AM
put in 2 weeks and call in sick if he can...

Lighteningspeed
09-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I just had a jumpseater hired at AirTran, and is leaving a not so great regional. He's got approximately $6000 in vacation pay he'd forfeit if he didn't give a 2 week notice.

If he gives a 2 week notice, he gets in the next class date, 2 weeks later, obviously giving up seniority.

What to do? I've told him to go to the later class and collect the 6 grand. Anyone disagree? What's 2 weeks of seniority worth at Air Tran? Not 6 grand, right?

My advice to you is never burn your bridges unless you are forced to. Give the current employer 2 week notice and take the later class. It won't make that much of a difference especially at Airtran, and you will be leaving your current employer with good feelings. You may need their reference not only for Airtran but any other future employment should you decide to move on from Airtran.

SWAcapt
09-13-2007, 04:12 PM
I agree with Lighteningspeed. Leave on good terms.;)

taylorjets
09-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Good terms indeed... Remember that you see the same people on the way up as you do on the way down...

Eric Stratton
09-14-2007, 12:14 PM
why were you asked to remove this post. was it the moderaters or your friend. I don't see what could be bad.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1