Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Skybus and Virgin America

MikeB525
09-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Weird question: are Skybus and Virgin America connected with each other? I was screwing around on airliners.net and notice several skybus photos which are captioned as "Skybus (Virgin America)".

Sioux39
09-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Skybus leased some Airbii from Virgin America before VA started service.

ecloebl
09-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Skybus has leased at least one airplane from Virgin America.

Bucking Bar
04-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Hope they shaft them on the payments.

btwissel
04-05-2008, 11:08 AM
well, as skybus shut down as of today, looks like VA is getting some planes back.

cl601pilot
04-05-2008, 02:12 PM
well, as skybus shut down as of today, looks like VA is getting some planes back.

That would make things a little easier for VA expansion and to hopefully employ a few of the guys put out of work lately.

Flyboydan
04-05-2008, 04:58 PM
About time for SkyBus!

flappy
04-05-2008, 05:04 PM
About time for SkyBus!

this forum is so full of hate it makes me wanna puke. Must be the only industry where the misery of some colleagues is the joy of others.

flyinDego
04-05-2008, 05:18 PM
well said brother

divinaviatrix
04-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Skybus has leased at least one airplane from Virgin America.

Two to be exact.

PaulFooley
04-05-2008, 05:51 PM
this forum is so full of hate it makes me wanna puke. Must be the only industry where the misery of some colleagues is the joy of others.

Yeah, I'm sure the all the other investment bankers sent flowers, chocolates, and condolence cards to the employees of Bear Stearns.

Flyboydan
04-05-2008, 06:52 PM

I don't know of anyone in the airline industry that believed in SkyBus. Sorry for being honest...:rolleyes:

IFlyEm
04-05-2008, 10:54 PM
I don't know of anyone in the airline industry that believed in SkyBus. Sorry for being honest...:rolleyes:

Not believing in and reveling in other pilots misfortune are too different things.

yoke jerker
04-06-2008, 02:48 PM
might be the only industry where guys with the talent to fly airplanes undertsand so little about the real world in business and how it works. and to think that pilots somehow control wages....absurd...that they bash only shows the ignorance and lack of uderstanding...namecalling is for kids, but then again, we have so many flying these days. faces still full of zits.

Flyboydan
04-07-2008, 03:10 AM
Not believing in and reveling in other pilots misfortune are too different things.

I never believed in the airline like so many people. So the expectations for their success was very low. How does that apply to people losing their jobs....:confused:

TurboFan
04-08-2008, 01:59 AM

I would take this idea a little further and say not believing in and wishing ill fate upon fellow pilots (which happens all too often on APC) are two different things.

Adola
04-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Have you ever hear of Wall Street?

GetErDun
04-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I don't know of anyone in the airline industry that believed in SkyBus. Sorry for being honest

Or anyone with a calculator....
How do you expect to make a profit when you fly aircraft that have a high fuel burn and charge "ultra" low prices?

SkiBum112
04-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Actually, the fuel burn on the 319 is low comparably. They said the load factors weren't there for the summer, but on the last round of ticket sales they sold 9,000 tickets in four hours. Something just seems a little fishy about all of it. Anyway...back to the classifieds.

Al Aska
04-08-2008, 11:27 AM
I do not think anyone was happy any pilot is out of a job there..... Most just did not like the pay bar being set so low.... I know it was a start-up.... That was the reason for the low pay.... That is also the reason it was a risky move to go there... Some probably had to.... Low pay does not always mean success....

SmoothOnTop
04-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Or anyone with a calculator....
How do you expect to make a profit when you fly aircraft that have a high fuel burn and charge "ultra" low prices?

Your avatar suggests that you are kidding...

The 156 pax a319 is/was the best passenger mile per fuel burn aircraft operated by an American carrier.

My mighty beech with 19 pax is much worse..

and your biz jet takes the cake.

TimSmith
04-08-2008, 01:19 PM

The 156 pax a319 is/was the best passenger mile per fuel burn aircraft operated by an American carrier.

But the folks who own my bizjet provide excellent lifestyle, good treatment on the job, lots of time away from the job, and more security than many of my bretheren. They deem their convenience to be worth a sizable chunk of resources which they have other means of procuring. The squeeze more people in and burn less fuel is a mass transit problem. And to think, flying used to be a convenience a long time ago.:rolleyes:

CE750
04-08-2008, 08:14 PM

I used to think it was just FI.com, but it's not the forum, it's the people coming into this line of work over the past few years.. the days of the honorable airline pilot of high moral character are behind us.

GetErDun
04-09-2008, 08:26 AM

My 'biz jet' takes the cake and it works, we fly transcons, much more economical than flying an airbus only a couple hundred miles with not even a 50% pax load charging near to nothing for a ride.

RASm......./.....CASm
Revenue.../.....Cost

Moose
04-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I used to think it was just FI.com, but it's not the forum, it's the people coming into this line of work over the past few years.. the days of the honorable airline pilot of high moral character are behind us.

How old are you CE750? When exactly were these days??? Maybe you should ask a CAL pilot who was around in 1983 or a United pilot who was around in 1985 about the good old days when everyone had honor and high moral character!

Flyin1500
04-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Maybe you should ask a CAL pilot who was around in 1983 or a United pilot who was around in 1985 about the good old days when everyone had honor and high moral character!

I think this guy was around in 1983!

http://www.erikestrada.com/chips_lrg_thumbs/17.jpg

CE750
04-10-2008, 09:09 AM
How old are you CE750? When exactly were these days??? Maybe you should ask a CAL pilot who was around in 1983 or a United pilot who was around in 1985 about the good old days when everyone had honor and high moral character!

I was getting into flying during those days... and NO, those aren't the "Good old days", that was the beginning of the end.. when deregulation finally began to take it's toll.. the good old days in our profession is the time between 1950-1980...

kdalton757
04-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Hello All,

I was steered to this website by a colleague of mine. I would like to talk with GetErDun and would appreciate it if you will contact me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Thankyou in advance.

Kevin Dalton

Jumpseat Coordinator, Virgin America

de727ups
04-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Welcome to APC.

stinsonjr
04-12-2008, 01:22 PM
This should get interesting - are their any moles at VA that can report what happens?

CE750
04-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Hello All,

I was steered to this website by a colleague of mine. I would like to talk with GetErDun and would appreciate it if you will contact me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Thankyou in advance.

Kevin Dalton

Jumpseat Coordinator, Virgin America

Done. Sent him a PM for you.

spinproof
04-12-2008, 01:42 PM
This should get interesting - are their any moles at VA that can report what happens?
Yes it will.

stinsonjr
04-12-2008, 02:27 PM
I foresee two potentials outcomes:

The guy really did jumpseat somehow on VA (doubtful in my opinion) and someone gets canned or worse.

OR,

The guy was putting out bad posts derogatory to VA in a public forum using fictional information and will have to deal with the best lawyers Richard Branson can buy.

I feel like a kid just got called to the principals office.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1