Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

TipsyMcStagger
09-21-2007, 11:05 AM
"We're over another hurdle and on to the next hurdle," said Paul Emens, 59, a Southwest Airlines captain who is chairman of Airline Pilots Against Age Discrimination, a group that advocates changing the retirement age for pilots.

Am I the only one who thinks this is the most ridiculous name for a group that supports replacing one mandatory retirement age with another mandatory retirement age and then claims that forcing a pilot to retire just because they reach a predetermined age is discriminatory?

Tipsy

sigtauenus
09-21-2007, 11:12 AM
It was only discrimination because everybody else was saying 65. Now that everybody is on the same play book its all good.

That is until somebody comes up and says, wait a minute now, I can work until I die at Walmart, how come I can't do that at the airlines too?"

Freightpuppy
09-21-2007, 12:00 PM
No, you're not the only one.

I'd rather have some guy tell me he has 5 ex-wives and needs to work past 60 which is why he is for the Age 65 thing than give me the "discrimination" b.s.

757Driver
09-21-2007, 01:12 PM
No, you're not the only one.

I'd rather have some guy tell me he has 5 ex-wives and needs to work past 60 which is why he is for the Age 65 thing than give me the "discrimination" b.s.

I agree completely.

texaspilot76
09-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Don't feel bad, the Navy would not allow me to fly for them because they said I was too old, and I am 30!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1