Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : What's up with Eos?

Ganbare
09-24-2007, 07:44 AM
Just wondering what's up with that Eos Airlines. They seemed to be going along well and then nothing on the boards. Anybody have some news?

Ganbare

B757200ER
09-24-2007, 02:38 PM
I see a European investment firm just poured more capital into EOS, and they're using it to expand. Up to (5) 757s and 2-3 destinations in Europe, ZRH and ORY I think, in addition to STN.

jetflyger
09-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Does anyone have any info on quality of life at EOS?

Pay?
Schedule?

Thanks

hjs1971
09-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Pay is $65 hr for f/o's and $110 hr for capts. They require 5000tt, 1000PIC turbine, and prefer either a 757 type and/or 1000 hrs. intl. experience. JFK is the only base for now, they only fly JFK-London Stansted. That's all I can tell you for now...

jetflyger
09-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks.

Do you have any idea of their minimum guarantee or a typical monthly schedule?

RAGATO
09-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Pay is $65 hr for f/o's and $110 hr for capts. They require 5000tt, 1000PIC turbine, and prefer either a 757 type and/or 1000 hrs. intl. experience. JFK is the only base for now, they only fly JFK-London Stansted. That's all I can tell you for now...

Hey Y'all,
I recently talked with the EOS chief pilot at the DCA seminar. (They were quite a professional group representing their airline by the way) The above requirements seem to check with what he was telling me. The 757 type or overseas time didn't seem to be that much of a sticking point. They have been able to get some high-time Capts so far, but that pool is drying up according to him. He also mentioned that EOS is looking at acquiring a 767 and starting service to the LA area (LAX maybe). From what I understood so far, it's a 3 day trip JFK-STN then 3 off. I can't verify that one, so if anyone has better schedule info, please throw it in. I too am looking for any/all EOS information!!! :)

707Driver
10-02-2007, 03:54 AM
Monthly guarantee of 65 hours although most guys average about 80. The pay scale listed above is correct for now. Looking to hire 10 pilots a month for the next year. The trips are 3-4 days but most guys try to put them together to make a 7-8 day trip and a week off. 75% of the pilots commute so that makes it a bit easier.
BTW I've been with the company for several months and love it.
Check us out at www.eosairlines.com

RAGATO
10-02-2007, 06:29 AM
.....www.eosairlines.com

Thanks for the additional info 707Driver! EOS is a great prospect for me and I'd appreciate all the information you can supply. Perhaps private e-mail may be best, but it would be good to share with all.
I thought' I would start a list of questions to compile and eventually put the answers in one post for all to easily access. If anyone has more questions to add, please do so. If anyone has great answers or info to add, just let me know either here or private and I'll put the info together. Here's a list to get things started.

-From where do most pilots commute?
-How difficult is the commute to JFK?
-Is there a 'reserve' system?
-What is life like for those who don't commute?
-Is it hard to manage the schedule in order to get a decent flow?
-What type of benefits does EOS offer?
-What is a typical trip like?
-How are the upgrade prospects and timing?

.:cool:....Mattman

hjs1971
10-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Did you all see the AA press release regarding their new JFK-Stansted service...bonus FF miles and special pricing on "lie flat business class seating". Seems to me they took notice of EOS...once again, I could be wrong.

captjns
10-03-2007, 08:48 AM
No you are right... they are looking at the success of EOS and MAXjet. A major benefit for AA is the handling fees at Stansted are far less than Heathrow and Gatwick. However, dollar for dollar... EOS provides a true Premium Service Product for a business fare ticket (flat bed) versus AA's pure Business Class service. Eos has departure lounges in JFK and STN with complimentary adult beverages. With only 48 passengers on the entire aircraft the ratio of flight attendents to passengers is better with Eos versus american too.

hjs1971
10-03-2007, 09:19 AM
I am no expert but if you look at the EOS website, it seems that Stansted is closer to quite a few parts of London and since there are few slots to be had at Heathrow, it seems logical for AA to expand there. I agree the EOS product seems to be superior but I did fly Heathrow to Boston in First Class on an AA 777 and that was VERY SWEET! I know apples and oranges...

captjns
10-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Heathrow's advantage to London is that the Underground takes you to the City Centre. From Standsted however, you can take the Standsted Express Express which is about a 45 minute train ride to Liverpool Street Station. From there you have to transfer to various underground lines. A mere inconvenience but slightly more civilized than dealing with Heathrow. For the time being Immegration through Standsted has shorter lines too. If you are considering EOS the upgrade time is alot quicker than AA.

hjs1971
10-03-2007, 11:48 AM
I have taken the train from Standsted to London but only taken a bus from RAF Mildenhall to Heathrow, neither one was exactly a quick ride...I am considering EOS (but are they considering me?!?) but still waiting for a call (not to mention AA won't be hiring at all for a while!).

captjns
10-04-2007, 10:14 AM
EOS being a smaller carrier will provide more rapid upgrades... although the route is currently JFK - STN. That can get old pretty early. They do fly charter too, although I don't the frequency of such trips. I think a type rating in the 757 would be helpful for their consideration process.

manfred33
10-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Anybody have any idea if they are calling for interviews at all? I mean, I know they have been interviewing 757 typed guys and all, but wondering if they're calling people without the 75-type yet? I was told that they were going to start looking for guys from the regionals, ie CRJ guys, also that they had been asking their guys to let them know of good people that would be interested and to let them know to apply. With that being said.....

The guy I know at Eos said he loves it, as I think is the case with most of the guys there. His info was that they may start flying CDG soon and/or ZRH. Also plan to start flying out of ORD. Hadn't heard about LAX. Last current fleet total was 4 a/c and planning on acquiring 6-10 more. Actually, the wording was, going to acquire 6-10 more sets of 48-sleeper suites....

This guy commutes from South Florida and from what he's told me, doesn't sound like he has much trouble. Commutes on JetBlue mostly, and they don't give him any problems. In fact, one day I talked to him, he had just commuted home that morning, after getting in from London, was going to get some stuff done at home, then head back out in the afternoon to do his next trip back to STN....

They have pref-bid, and 12 days off min. 4 days reserve with 2pm start time. 3% annual increase in pay and profit sharing. No details on the rest of the bennies. Either 24-48 hour layovers in London. Per diem, $2.00/hr. He averages about 80 hrs a month.

That's about all I can add to this thread. If I have anything wrong, please correct me. This is from notes i took as I was talking to this guy, so it should be pretty accurate, but I'm not perfect....

Danzig
10-10-2007, 04:18 AM
I too have a friend at Eos. As manfred stated, all the guys there seem to love it! My friend tells me that ZRH is pretty assuredly the next route.

Ve764
10-10-2007, 04:44 AM
I concur.Went to the job fair in DC,talked to Capt. Dodson,but have'nt heard a thing. Anybody know how to shake the tree to get noticed,and the CP's name there?

Danzig
10-10-2007, 05:08 AM
Internal recs seem to be the currency of the realm, for the time being. Ve764, do you know anybody there? Have you sent in an app?

jetflyger
10-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Does anyone have any interview info? Got a call last week and I am looking for any current info.

Thanks

Ve764
10-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Not at all Danzig,yeah filled out an online app,and sent a package to their SVP of flight ops this am.If I hear of anything I can pass on I will....

Danzig
10-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Ve764: Good luck! It is a great opportunity!

RAGATO
10-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Does anyone have any interview info? Got a call last week and I am looking for any current info.

Thanks

Jetflyger,
If you get any interview info, I'd appreciate it if you'd pass it along to me also. I did hear there is a sim involved. I just got a call from Caralyn Galletta and I've got an interview date of 8 Nov. I'm definitely needing to prep!

I concur.Went to the job fair in DC,talked to Capt. Dodson,but have'nt heard a thing. Anybody know how to shake the tree to get noticed,and the CP's name there?

Ve764,
I went to the DCA fair also. I talked with Caralyn, Eos Manager People Services, there as well as the Chief Pilot Capt Liljegren. Caralyn's # is 914.417.2172 - I hope this helps!

Thanks everyone for adding great information!

hjs1971
10-10-2007, 06:35 PM
For what it's worth...-I went to the DCA job fair and chatted with the Chief Pilot (Karsten Liljegren-former UAL 777F/O, I think)...he was a little miffed at having to "talk to another RJ pilot", I assume he had had about enough of them after 4 hours...when I told him I was an RJ F/O many years ago and was now a KC-135R IP with thousands of hours of heavy intl. time, he actually kind of apologized and then took my resume, it was kinda funny. He was real interested in talking to me for the next couple of minutes, he gave me his business card and said if I hadn't heard from him in 2 months to call him directly. I went online, filled out the app. and had a question about the 1.5 conversion for military guys so I sent him an email asking about that plus one other quickie yes or no type question. He only responded by asking for my resume again so I sent him that, he never responded to my questions. Kinda strange, but if I don't hear anything by Nov. 1, I'll just call him directly.

For you military types that did apply, did you multiply all your mil. times by 1.5 (as in my 3500 TT mil. is really 5250TT?)?

Also, Ve764, were you ever at Midway?

jetflyger
10-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Jetflyger,
If you get any interview info, I'd appreciate it if you'd pass it along to me also. I did hear there is a sim involved. I just got a call from Caralyn Galletta and I've got an interview date of 8 Nov. I'm definitely needing to prep!

I am new to this forum so I can't send or receive PM's. If you got an email address let me know and we'll keep in touch that way.

PS.. Not sure if Ms Galletta will appreciate you giving out her direct line?

RAGATO
10-10-2007, 07:46 PM
[quote=RAGATO;245393]
I am new to this forum so I can't send or receive PM's. If you got an email address let me know and we'll keep in touch that way.

PS.. Not sure if Ms Galletta will appreciate you giving out her direct line?

jetflyger,
Thanks for the p.s. ...can't say if it's her direct line, but it's the one from e-mail...I did consider that though.
One of my E-mails is [email protected] I appreciate it and looking forward to it, thanks!

....chatted with the Chief Pilot (Karsten Liljegren....now a KC-135R IP ......he gave me his business card and said if I hadn't heard from him in 2 months to call him directly. .......
For you military types that did apply, did you multiply all your mil. times by 1.5 (as in my 3500 TT mil. is really 5250TT?)?........

hjs1971,
I talked with the CP for about the same with the same results...card, 2 months, e-mail him. So far, the only thing they have from me is my resume, so I haven't done any time conversions yet. Sorry I can't help with that one, but I'd like to hear the answer too.

Ve764
10-11-2007, 06:26 AM
RAGATO,thank you my friend for the info, I appreciate it. No hjs I did'nt but made many landings in the 72,and 75 there for ATA......

gasnhaul
10-11-2007, 03:31 PM
I wasn't at the JobFair. Has anyone applied and been called who didn't go to DC?

jetflyger
10-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Eos To Add All-Business-Class Transatlantic Routes

OCTOBER 18, 2007 -- All-business-class carrier Eos Airlines today said it plans to inaugurate Newark-London Stansted flights next spring and New York JFK-Paris next fall, representing the carrier's first routes outside of its flagship JFK-Stansted service, which has expanded to 44 flights per week since launching nearly two years ago.

Eos said it plans to introduce up to four new routes next year, following "a recent infusion of $50 million in investment capital." Eos expects to secure two additional Boeing 757s, configured with its standard 48 seats, to aid in its expansion. The carrier said it would announce in the coming months further details on the new schedules and ticket sale dates.

hjs1971
10-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Got a call from EOS today...they are interviewing on the 7-8 of Nov. and 11-13th of Dec. I had to take a Dec. date due to an already scheduled TDY. They are looking to hire for a Feb. class (so I don't feel too bad about taking a later interview, although it could bite me in the a$$). The person I spoke with said there should be a Feb. class and a Mar. class and maybe even one a month thereafter (that part would be a stretch IMHO). They emailed me a bunch of forms to have filled/printed out before I get there. Seemed like a nice person I talked to, said to call with any ???'s I may have. You have to pay for your own way there, they do have a few (not real good) deals with local hotels (I'll probably make the 4 hour drive instead). They said interviews start at 8am and should go til 3ish (NLT than 6pm for those that may commute in). 2 on 1 interview, 1 hour test (not sure what kind), and a sim check...That's all the news I have for now, will keep you all posted.

hjs1971
10-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Update-Murphy's Law being 100% foolproof, my TDY was given to another IP who didn't have his overseas beans done so I called Caralyn this morning to see if I could switch back into the Nov. 8 slot they originally called me for, she told me to wait a minute, came back and said I was all set, yay for me!!! That being said, who's got some gouge!?!? It's only 2 weeks away!!!

Ve764
10-23-2007, 12:26 PM
How much 75 time do you have???

RAGATO
10-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Update-Murphy's Law being 100% foolproof, my TDY was given to another IP who didn't have his overseas beans done so I called Caralyn this morning to see if I could switch back into the Nov. 8 slot they originally called me for, she told me to wait a minute, came back and said I was all set, yay for me!!! That being said, who's got some gouge!?!? It's only 2 weeks away!!!

Good Deal hjs1971 !!!
I plan to be there on the 8th also. I have not had much luck finding interview info either. I have heard the same as you about having a quiz as well as a sim. I left my e-mail previously here and will be corresponding with jetflyger also.
If anyone has any info, Please help the 3 of us (as well as others) out!!
--What does the Eos quiz cover?
--What type of sim does Eos use for the interview (is it a 757 perhaps?)
--What is the sim profile entail?
--What type of interview process is included? (Behavioral?...Technical?)

Thanks!!!

hjs1971
10-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Ve764-No 757 time here but over 3500 jet time (3000 in KC-135R's).

Ragato- Are you still in or have you already separated? They are supposed to be interviewing on the 7th, don't know if anyone will be nice enough to hurry home and post some info here for us. I think we may be on our own for this one. Call me old fashioned but if they want somebody with heavy/intl. and part 121 experience, good for me, if they want somebody that can memorize gouge, sucks for them. Go with your gut and be yourself, right?

RAGATO
10-23-2007, 03:29 PM
hjs1971- Still here at Dyess...1 Apr 08 date with terminal/permissive allowing around a mid-Jan career change. How about you?
My time is all mil so, at least you have some 121 time advantage. Well, jetflyger has the interview on the 6th and I'd bet he'll help the rest of us out.
So very true about being ourselves, but it would be nice to at least have an idea of the flow. I've been flying the B-1 only for years so, perhaps I'll try my hand at a computer flight sim. If I knew a sim/profile, I'd get some sim prep. It's tuff being so new to the airline world. I'm just hoping they will take us for us and our experiences and value!

jetflyger
10-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Guys,

Guess I'll be the guinea pig!

Still hoping for some gouge but like mentioned it is hard to find online. Called one of the prep places and I'd be their first prep so I am gonna pass on it for now.

The simulator training is conducted in Minneapolis I've been told so I wonder what kind of simulator they have around HQ's since it is far from any airport. Maybe we'll get a ride in Microsoft Flight Sim :confused:

I am guessing the quiz will be ATP like questions. Heck I have no idea.

Exciting stuff anyway.

Legacypilot
10-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Folks,
As a former EOS pilot...if you want the full, objective scoop...PM me.
I will be happy to tell you what I learned.

hjs1971
10-23-2007, 03:43 PM
A sim is a sim, standard sim profile for a lot of airlines is- takeoff, climb to 5000' (maybe a vector on the dep.), steep turns (30 and/or 45 degrees), track a VOR radial, hold somewhere, usually freeze the sim, slew you to the IAF, brief the ILS (practice good CRM here) and either land or execute the missed app. Get into the B-1 sim down there if you can and try to fly that profile a few times. Read the AIM and some FAR part 121 regs. (duty days/O2 requirements, alt. required, stuff like that). If you could find your way to Laughlin or Randolph and get an hour in a T-1 sim, that might help too.

I'm a Guard guy so I did the airlines full time prior to 9/11. I went civ. then mil. then civ./mil, then mil. only since 9/11...I'm on AD with the Guard but can leave whenever I want, pretty good deal...

RAGATO
10-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Folks,
As a former EOS pilot...if you want the full, objective scoop...PM me.
I will be happy to tell you what I learned.

Legacypilot,
I really appreciate your offer! I'm too new on here to do the PM thing. Could we just use regular e-mail or IM? I'm looking forward to hear everything you have!

hjs1971
10-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Legacypilot, I think you need 10 posts to pm so either post a couple of nonsense ones or let out a public email...

RAGATO
10-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks jetflyger. I'll still be looking for info to pass. MS FlightSim would be interesting. Good point about Eos location near a sim.

RAGATO
10-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Good point hjs1971. I do need to spend some time in the sim. I do appreciate the profile sample. I guess I'll have to fake the VOR with a TACAN in the B-1. Are there any study guides so I don't fall asleep with the AIM/FARs?
By the way, Shhhh...the Guard is one of the best kept secrets..:D
It's gotta be great to have such flexibility!

hjs1971
10-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Read your ATP/FE written study guides, those will help get your mind out of thinking about TACAN's and JDAM's and into the more mundane civilian stuff that they love to test you on but you never use in a 20 year career...We have a former BONE driver in my squadron, he left Dyess in 98 ish...

jetflyger
10-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Read your ATP/FE written study guides, those will help get your mind out of thinking about TACAN's and JDAM's and into the more mundane civilian stuff that they love to test you on but you never use in a 20 year career...We have a former BONE driver in my squadron, he left Dyess in 98 ish...

regarding the ATP type questions I am just guessing!

RAGATO
10-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks again, I will. I'm sure I know the BONE guy...who is it?

jetflyger
10-23-2007, 04:06 PM
It could be that we'll get an IQ test instead :)

jetflyger
10-23-2007, 04:07 PM
There we go. 10 posts. I should be able to send/receive PM's now!!

Nope..
Got this message..

jetflyger, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Legacypilot -

I think we'd all like to hear what you got to tell...

RAGATO
10-23-2007, 04:19 PM
jetflyger,
I appreciate the volunteerism taking the 1st day of interviews. It looks like we now need 25 posts for PM. We need to go to another thread to build our posts so we don't drift too far off here.

hjs1971
10-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Ragato, his initials are M.B., left the Bone to be a T-37 then T-1 IP at Columbus around 98-99, got off A.D. around early '01.

Too bad about the PM thing. My email is [email protected] if anyone needs to talk with me one on one, not that I'll be of that much help ;-)

rjpurgatory
10-25-2007, 01:02 PM
I got the call a few minutes ago.

No 757, no int'l. just 7000 total and 3400 crj pic. they offered me the nov. 8 interview date but I told them dec. 11-13 would be better for me-it's all for the same class date so no lost seniority.

I'm a west coast'er so would be commuting to jfk and hope for an LA base.

I would also appreciate anything Legacypilot has to say as this is my first post and am not authorized to p.m. anyone.

Can anyone confirm they are using 3-pilot crews?

Thanks!

RAGATO
10-25-2007, 04:53 PM

No 757, no int'l. just 7000 total and 3400 crj pic. they offered me the nov. 8 interview date but I told them dec. 11-13 would be better for me-it's all for the same class date so no lost seniority.

I would also appreciate anything Legacypilot has to say as this is my first post and am not authorized to p.m. anyone.

Thanks!

Good Deal rjpurgatory!...good luck also!
From what their chief pilot told me, the flights are over 8 hrs so require 3. They type all their pilots. From what I hear, this allows them to only need 1 Captain and 2 FOs.
We're still waiting to hear from legacypilot

gasnhaul
10-26-2007, 04:22 AM
rjpurgatory,

Did you attend the AirInc Conference? Just trying to find out if anyone is getting "cold called" or if everyone was there who is being called. I know someone here at Pope who attended the conference and they wanted to interview her, but she was nowhere near their hiring mins. Just trying to find out if there is a disconnect between submitting an app online and turning in one personally.

GNH

707Driver
10-26-2007, 10:46 AM

Thanks!

Mostly 2 man crews for now. Flights average 6.8-7.5 so no need for RO's yet. Will change once we add more distant destinations.

jetflyger
10-26-2007, 11:06 AM
707 Driver,

Can you share a bit about EOS with us on the board?

Attrition rate (high or low)?
Average hrs paid per month?
Upgrade in seniority or based on experience?
Average flying month, how many days of flying to how many days off?

Thanks!

Ganbare
10-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Hey Legacypilot, tried to PM you. I too am a former Eos pilot. I got the message "This user is not able to recieve private messages". I'd like to contact you, can you adjust your settings to be able to recieve PMs?

Cheers,

Legacypilot
10-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Ganbare,

I am not sure why its not working...we likely know each other...MG

Legacypilot
10-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Folks,

I have been on a trip..I owe you what I know about about EOS...coming shortly.

RAGATO
10-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Folks,

I have been on a trip..I owe you what I know about about EOS...coming shortly.

Thanks legacypilot, we all appreciate your help. I hope your trip went well. I tried to PM you also, but I believe we are unable because you need 10 posts to receive PMs. Maybe when you get to 10 also, I can ask some questions about CAL too.

Legacypilot
10-28-2007, 04:49 PM
OK Folks...here goes.
1. Do you live in the NY area or are you willing to move or commute to JFK? For you ex-mil guys that have never commuted I cannot over emphasis how much it SUCKS! Let me repeat this commuting to the NY area SUCKS! Look at the normal delays on a clear day and then multiple by 10 fold with weather. This combined with a non-friendly commuters schedule = alot of time spent in a crash pad!
2. Will EOS be around 5 years from now? I believe EOS is the best of the small start ups in this market, however, they are no longer running below the radar.
My experience:
Flight Dept is good and does the best considering the ecconomic constraints. The guys in charge are pretty senior and will retire fairly soon and then what?
Marketing guys come and go like the wind...
Everyone hired (except pilots) are VP's of something...costs are high
We were told that the company needs 5-6 airplanes to break even...not there yet. The B757 is limited to how far it can go, especially without winglets and trying to get back from western Europe...answer is to buy B767's , however, this will drive operating costs up.
They were trying to hold costs down by keeping a 2 man crew i.e. planned 7+15 to London and 7+45 back....reality it take about 9 hours to get back in the winter and landing on fumes.
Alot of the investors are .com characters that think once money is given airplanes arrive the next week! This delays the arrival and expansion of the fleet and hence profitability.
Biggest issue is with standardization...pretty non existance. This is typical of a undermanned start up. What happens...the ex-Delta guys do it the Delta way, the ex-United guys do it the United wat etc. This is very frustrating as a new guy!
Generally...the flight guys are a great bunch, a couple of the line check guys need to be medicated for bi-polar disorders....you will figure this out quickly.

Summary: Go into this with your eyes open. If you live or will move to the NY area and realize that the company may or may not be there in 5 years...not a bad place to fly.

Hope this help!

Legacypilot
10-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Ragato,

Ask away...I will try to give you the best answer I can

ChinsFive
10-28-2007, 06:53 PM
You guys take jumpseaters?

Ganbare
10-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Try to send me a PM Legacy dude.

Ganbare

Legacypilot
10-29-2007, 04:22 AM
Jumpseating...
Yes...it depends on what company you are with.
Marketing pin-heads were constantly changing the rules and trying to charge something. As a commuting pilot, you were the last to know this and sometimes got the backlash. For example, when I was there...they tried to charge the Jet Blue guys for jumpseating...guess what Jet Blue immediately recipricated. Flight OPs VP quickly jumpd on this situation to save the day.

hjs1971
11-01-2007, 02:04 PM
The big day is soon approaching for some people, lets hear the gouge when you find out!

RAGATO
11-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Good Luck to all about to interview!!! Let us know how things go and what all is involved. I've had to withdraw due to family reasons, but hope to get another interview in the future. Keep everyone up to date!

jetflyger
11-07-2007, 08:15 AM
All,

Interview is straight forward. Greet and meet, then a written test of general knowledge. 2 interviews with flight ops personnel, a sim check, fingerprints and drug test.

Takes most of the day.

You do sign a confidentially agreement to not share what it being asked or tested. All I can say is be yourself.

Good luck

RAGATO
11-07-2007, 08:25 AM
All,

Interview is straight forward. Greet and meet, then a written test of general knowledge. 2 interviews with flight ops personnel, a sim check, fingerprints and drug test.

Takes most of the day.

You do sign a confidentially agreement to not share what it being asked or tested. All I can say is be yourself.

Good luck

Good Luck jetflyger!

Can you say what type of sim is used at least?
I'm sure the profile is relatively standard...are you allowed to say anything about it?
Can you at least give a direction to study for the general knowledge stuff...especially for the ex-mil guys not used to the civil world?
I imagine the interviews are a standard TMAAT and situational/behavioral.

Freight Dog
11-16-2007, 02:03 PM
I just added an airline listing for Eos at APC:

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/eos.html

Please hit the "Have an update?" if there's anything I should add. There are a few gaps still in the data...

Thanks-

John
APC co-founder

hjs1971
11-16-2007, 03:37 PM
FD, thanks for adding EOS, I'm sure it will help some fellow aviators out there. I can add a bit for you...facts-per diem is $2.40/hr, next route is EWR-STN...educated "rumors"-signed LOI's for 4 more 757's with a 5th probable (9 total by Dec. '08), I think 757 #5 will have winglets on it and they might retro most/all of the fleet eventually...lots of 54+ year old Captains...probable routes next year are JFK-Paris and JFK-Zurich or Brussels...looking for a new a/c (probably 767) to run LAX-STN. Currently training is $3000/mo + per diem, dual occupancy 2 bedroom hotel suite in MN at NATCO and probably moving to Miami soon. Looking to hire 10/mo indefinitely...take everything with a grain of salt, your mileage may vary...hope this helps...

Freight Dog
11-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks, hjs...

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1