Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Swa Las

exp96
10-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Forgive me if I missed a thread on this topic.

How senior did LAS end up and how did it shake up the seniority in the other domiciles?

TriStar_drvr
10-09-2007, 08:46 AM
For junior FOs, LAS shifted everyone west. OAK is still the most junior base, as most newhires are going there, but a few got LAS for November. Also a few FOs got to trickle back East. With the slowdown of new hire classes, I feel for anyone coming online now that doesn't live West of the Rockies, as it may be a while before he or she can hold anything other than OAK, LAS, or PHX.

JMHO

Livin' the dream in Vegas

SamFoxpilot
10-10-2007, 06:18 PM
So I take it that PHX may be going a bit more junior now? How 'bout BWI? That's my preference once I get thru training.

Murano
10-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Seniority for F/O bases now goes a lil' somethin' like this:

OAK
LAS
PHX
MCO
BWI
MDW
HOU
DAL

(from junior to senior)

other SWA ppl...chime in if you think other wise...

328dude
10-10-2007, 08:27 PM
OAK
LAS
PHX
MCO
BWI
HOU
MDW
DAL

Now, that looks better.

sigtauenus
10-11-2007, 03:00 AM
When you talk seniority of domiciles, how does that work for a junior FO in regard to keeping his domicile of choice?

Say I want BWI and at some point actually get it, can I get bumped out of it on the next bid by somebody senior? Or can you only bid into a domicile when there is an opening?

328dude
10-11-2007, 06:31 AM
Once you are in that base, you cannot be bumped out by someone senior to you. There is an exception though. You can get displaced if a new base opens and not enough people sign up to originally staff it. This just happened with Vegas, and should work itself out over the next few months.

gradywhite
10-11-2007, 06:34 AM
hey 328. just talked with hr yesterday and they told me i was @ 15 classes out. i know a long time but is there a chance they might run 3 a month or have you heard , and i am referring to when they start classes again?

328dude
10-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Haven't heard. If they start in Jan again, then I would assume some with 3 and some with just 2. Worst case scenario for you would be August-September.

Navy8n
10-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Grady what is your pool date. Wondering where I am in the pool. I interviewed on 17 Jul

gradywhite
10-12-2007, 08:14 PM
hey. interviewed on june 12th. sent in type on aug 18th. take care.