Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Vectors - The movie

HSLD
10-11-2007, 01:10 PM
The link to this video was post here yesterday, but I liked it so much that I contacted the author to get some additional info.

I've published the article on the main site's front page, although the permanent link is:
http://airlinepilotcentral.com/web_video/now_showing/vectors_-_the_movie_20071011262.html

Also, for the author's benefit and our own please click the DIGG button if you like the movie. Digg accounts are free and it really helps us.

ToiletDuck
10-11-2007, 01:51 PM
HSLD may I ask how digg helps?

HSLD
10-11-2007, 05:39 PM
HSLD may I ask how digg helps?

Digg is a social bookmarking site of sorts that shares content that the site's visitors find noteworthy. Linking content on APC to Digg can potentially bring new visitors to APC that might benefit from the content we provide.

For the content providers, increased traffic means increased notoriety that can lead to additional paid gigs. For the publisher (APC) any sustained increase in traffic provides us the opportunity to attract new advertisers.

As you know we don't charge anything for the site content or the forum, (that's a claim that our competitors can't make). We don't run this site for the money, although we do want to keep it cost neutral. Anything we can do to attract higher sustained site traffic will help us meet that goal and continue to provide free content. I guess that helps site users too :)

So, giving site content a Digg helps others discover it (think of it as an extension of emailing a link - except to the whole world), helps the content creator, and the host site. Share the love.

Freight Dog
10-12-2007, 01:04 AM
All one has to do is Google the term "pilot personality" to see the power of Digg. Because Digg has it now (via the Digg buttons HSLD installed on the site), Google ranks it higher than even the original The Pilot Personality article on APC.