Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Trans States USX flying

BoilerUP
10-15-2007, 10:04 AM
With the looming schedule reduction in PIT, I'm curious what plans have been announced (if any) for TSA's US Airways flying. I saw that Airways had proposed destinations out of PIT for TSA, but that it was up to TSA to decide to do those routes or not as their flying is at-risk prorate...and that service to both STL and RIC will be reduced.

How many planes do you all have flying on the Airways side?

ScaryKite
10-15-2007, 11:38 AM
With the looming schedule reduction in PIT, I'm curious what plans have been announced (if any) for TSA's US Airways flying. I saw that Airways had proposed destinations out of PIT for TSA, but that it was up to TSA to decide to do those routes or not as their flying is at-risk prorate...and that service to both STL and RIC will be reduced.

i believe they have 6.

Pilotpip
10-15-2007, 12:04 PM
And we're supposedly adding 6 planes to the UX side. Five for additional routes, one dedicated spare.

God, I can't wait to fly an EP out of ORD or IAD with approach yelling at us to hurry the hell up...

ScaryKite
10-15-2007, 12:15 PM
And we're supposedly adding 6 planes to the UX side. Five for additional routes, one dedicated spare.

God, I can't wait to fly an EP out of ORD or IAD with approach yelling at us to hurry the hell up...

i havent flown an EP in a while, does that stand for "Extra Power"?

ExperimentalAB
10-15-2007, 12:19 PM

HAHA exactly! LoL

POPA
10-15-2007, 12:28 PM

I got stuck with that piece of crap for the majority of a three-day last month.
Turns out EP actually stands for "extra parts."

ScaryKite
10-15-2007, 12:34 PM
I got stuck with that piece of crap for the majority of a three-day last month.
Turns out EP actually stands for "extra parts."

i think they have a few where EP stands for "Extra Poo"!

ExperimentalAB
10-15-2007, 12:43 PM
So what is the deal with the Airways flying? Whenever I flew it back in my time with TSA, we were always empty to half-full...that's no way to run "at-risk" flying...?!

mking84
10-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Oh no....6 airplanes!! Dun DUn Dun and upgrades come to a hault like yeast bread in a cold oven.

AV8ER
10-16-2007, 07:24 AM

To answer your question, no one knows. They've said they're adding planes to united but no one knows where they're coming from. There was a question and answer time with management, but they wouldn't answer any questions about it. So your guess is as good as any. My guess is it will be scaled back, but just not sure how much.

Foxcow
10-16-2007, 10:42 AM
I just got out of recurrent. According to the chief, they are "moving assets around" to accommodate the United flying. He also said that the US Airways stuff is safe and all that is going to happen is that the planes will be shuffled around a bit. I've never gotten a strait answer out of that guy.

reevesofskyking
10-16-2007, 12:35 PM
That is the same thing that i have been hearing.

what happened to the atr rumor for UX

haha

Foxcow
10-16-2007, 02:09 PM
That is the same thing that i have been hearing.

what happened to the atr rumor for UX

haha

We are not getting ATRs at the moment. That was the one strait answer that we got from him.

flynavyj
10-16-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm amazed enough that you got any answer our of him bud....If it was the Memo Writer, i'd take it with a grain of salt anyway. Sad to hear they're simply moving airplanes around to cover the "extra" flying...is nice to know that united still likes us enough to give us more work though, but on the contrary, it's kinda sad that airways is a shadow of the operation it used to be. Don't know how much longer it'll be around, probably more realistic than "it's not going anywhere" mumbo-jumbo.

Pilotpip
10-16-2007, 05:34 PM
"We're not able to discuss that at this time."

The ATRs wouldn't fit the current scope clause with AA. Maybe they're starting a whipsaw to whipsaw the whipsaw.

flynavyj
10-16-2007, 06:50 PM
yeh, heard for the first time a couple days ago that the 50 seat american scope wasn't as cut and dry as i thought. Apparently although we previously operated ATR-72's those aircraft were brought over from TWA/TWE days, then, they were grandfathered into our american contract to allow us to operate the larger aircraft, but that contract had provisions for particular airframe numbers of the aircraft we were using...so simply bringing back ATR-72's online isn't very cut and dry....maybe they'll buy them for Lindy.

ScaryKite
10-16-2007, 07:05 PM
yeh, heard for the first time a couple days ago that the 50 seat american scope wasn't as cut and dry as i thought. Apparently although we previously operated ATR-72's those aircraft were brought over from TWA/TWE days, then, they were grandfathered into our american contract to allow us to operate the larger aircraft, but that contract had provisions for particular airframe numbers of the aircraft we were using...so simply bringing back ATR-72's online isn't very cut and dry....maybe they'll buy them for Lindy.

ha ha! i still laugh every time i hear that call sign on the radio. if i were at gojet i would be embarassed to even use that call sign! why dont they just go by gojet!

nwa757
10-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Probably moving aircraft to the United side as Mesa is having trouble staffing their flights. I wonder why.

Shrek
10-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Sorry to hear that Hulas's Airline has not changed one bit - doesn't surprise me though. Keep your heads up gentlemen and give those Lindbergh Bastages a number 1 fer me :)

NTSing
10-17-2007, 07:43 PM
I was at Hulas's priso........errr......airline for four years. Who's the CP now anyway?

Foxcow
10-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Probably moving aircraft to the United side as Mesa is having trouble staffing their flights. I wonder why.

There was a sizzling letter sent from UA to Mesa not too long ago about how displeased UA was. At the beginning of 07, UA asked them if they could add an additional 2000 hours of flying per month for a few months. Not only did Mesa turn them down but they asked for an additional 2000 hours of relief due to the staffing problem.

I was at Hulas's priso........errr......airline for four years. Who's the CP now anyway?

Randy Z.

btwissel
10-18-2007, 06:57 AM
"We're not able to discuss that at this time."

The ATRs wouldn't fit the current scope clause with AA. Maybe they're starting a whipsaw to whipsaw the whipsaw.

ATRs are allowed by the AA scope because they're props. TSA used to fly a couple of ATRs between STL and IND. they did so until about 2003, and the scope then is the same one as now.

of course, i'm sure uncle hulas would want a lot less money to fly one of those

Foxcow
10-18-2007, 07:02 AM
We had ATRs up until 2005.

reevesofskyking
10-18-2007, 09:46 AM
they would use the pay scales that are already listed in the CBA I am sure

btwissel
10-18-2007, 10:47 AM
they would use the pay scales that are already listed in the CBA I am sure

you mean the one that's been up for amendment since this time last year? (or longer, i can't remember)

good luck in that, make hulas bleed.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1