Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Majors hiring question

teejay
10-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Would it be difficult to get hired at a major without first working at a regional? Just wondering if it makes much difference if you have, say, 1500 PIC turbine time at a regional vs. 1500 PIC turbine time at a small part 135 operation. Does the 121 experience on your resume give you a big advantage?

goarmy
10-22-2007, 01:47 PM
you have just as much of a chance.......just find some inside help and your golden. Internal help is better than 121 expereince with those quals

rickair7777
10-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Internal connections are always the key. If you don't have any insides hook-ups, you will be at a disadvantage compared to a 121 pilot. It also depends on the kind of flying experience you have...gulfstream over-water would be a lot better than citation / king air time.

7576FO
10-23-2007, 04:02 AM
Always have a backup plan. You should be accruing seniority somewhere. I have lots of friends way more qualified than me that never got calls for interviews by majors.

Jumperno64
10-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Always have a backup plan. You should be accruing seniority somewhere. I have lots of friends way more qualified than me that never got calls for interviews by majors.

Go into a more detail. How did you set yourself apart from your friends?