Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : NWA and UPS pull out of Air Inc?

citationdrvrmob
11-16-2007, 05:09 AM
I was just getting all my resumes together to get ready to head to Atlanta. I did a last minute cross-check of resumes printed to companies attending. I see NWA and UPS are no longer on the list... a couple others had "Cancelled" by their names. I was really looking forward to speaking with NWA reps. Now I'm glad I did not pre-pay. Instead, I will just take the day to study for my RAH interview, and save myself the $175 at the door and $100 in gas it would have cost me. Anyone know why these airlines have pulled out?

Tigerpilot1995
11-16-2007, 05:30 AM
UPS is saying they are not going to hire for a while. Maybe not even next year. The numbers don't add up not to so expect a change of course sooner than later.

B757200ER
11-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Airlines don't do much recruiting over the holidays, either. Wait until DFW job fair in January; there will be about 45 airlines probably.

Slice
11-16-2007, 09:15 AM
I was just getting all my resumes together to get ready to head to Atlanta. I did a last minute cross-check of resumes printed to companies attending. I see NWA and UPS are no longer on the list... a couple others had "Cancelled" by their names. I was really looking forward to speaking with NWA reps. Now I'm glad I did not pre-pay. Instead, I will just take the day to study for my RAH interview, and save myself the $175 at the door and $100 in gas it would have cost me. Anyone know why these airlines have pulled out?

Have you spoken to any NWA pilots? I jumped seated no too long ago and they aren't a happy bunch...and these were guys with decent seniority. Caveat emptor.

newKnow
11-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Have you spoken to any NWA pilots? I jumped seated no too long ago and they aren't a happy bunch...and these were guys with decent seniority. Caveat emptor.

Dude,

Have you talked to any US Air, UAL, CAL or AMR pilots? No one is a happy bunch. Every time I try to complain to any of them when they jumpseat they "one up" me. So, it's not just NWA. Yes, we suck, but so does everyone else. The question is, who will fix it?

HSLD
11-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Interesting, the FltOps.com job fair in Oct. hosted UPS, NWA, and SWA even though they weren't actively hiring.

bigfatdaddy
11-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Perhaps it is a sign of airline dissatisfaction with AIR INC's product?

CRJammin
11-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Perhaps it is a sign of airline dissatisfaction with AIR INC's product?

Disappointment with Air Inc... that would be a first :rolleyes:

BoynamedSue
11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
ups still has to have several displacement bids and consider a furlough before announcing they are hiring 50 but need several hundred.

rock on.

Brown
11-16-2007, 04:08 PM
That's because UPS is buying Atlas, and we will get a bunch of their pilots.

bigfatdaddy
11-16-2007, 05:11 PM
That's because UPS is buying Atlas, and we will get a bunch of their pilots.

Interesting; Do tell!

1800 RVR
11-17-2007, 09:38 AM
ups still has to have several displacement bids and consider a furlough before announcing they are hiring 50 but need several hundred.

rock on.

(Pull the pin, toss grenade, wait for the explosion.....) :D

Come on Boy, at least state that the FE's are the ones that MAY be furloughed. No line pilots are in jeopardy of being furloughed.

FLYBOYMATTHEW
11-17-2007, 09:38 PM
I would rather be furloughed from UPS than working for my current carrier!