Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Lbell911
11-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Any of you Trans States guy have a copy of your Dec bid package you can email me? I'd like to look at how your trips are built. I'm applying next week (well since it's now Sunday, I guess it'd be this week) with them.............also, what base(s) are the new hire guys/gals getting

[email protected]

cessna157
11-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Haha, I heard GoJet is hiring too?

s10an
11-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Haha, I heard GoJet is hiring too?

By making that statement, are you saying Gojet and TSA are the same??

s10an
11-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Any of you Trans States guy have a copy of your Dec bid package you can email me? I'd like to look at how your trips are built. I'm applying next week (well since it's now Sunday, I guess it'd be this week) with them.............also, what base(s) are the new hire guys/gals getting

[email protected]

Im not sure were the new hires go at the moment, but im sure you can transfer to where you want to be within a few months.

I have the RIC bid package on hand... Ill email it to you.

Lbell911
11-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Im not sure were the new hires go at the moment, but im sure you can transfer to where you want to be within a few months.

I have the RIC bid package on hand... Ill email it to you.

Thanks for the email!!!!!

Lbell911
11-25-2007, 08:07 AM
How long is the reserve time?

s10an
11-25-2007, 08:10 AM
How long is the reserve time?

Not sure what the current time is... We got pretty good coverage now (50 lines, 70 FOs) in RIC... So you should expect a couple of months on reserve..

Lbell911
11-25-2007, 08:11 AM
ok thanks!!!!

skihigh2002
11-25-2007, 11:48 AM
In my class, all received the base of their choice... STL or RIC.

JayHub
11-25-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm interviewing with them on wednesday.....any specific advice would be appreciated. I've read all the gouges on aviationinterviews, but any "inside info" would be great...

thanks JayHub

JayHub
11-25-2007, 12:40 PM
s10an

I wouldn't mind looking at the Bid package for RIC either.....thanks

reevesofskyking
11-25-2007, 04:05 PM
In STL we are staffed pretty well too.
I think the reserves are sitting that way for three to four months right now.

Well maybe it is not quite four monts yet.

I am getting about 90 percent of my drop trip request due to large coverage of reserves

The stl reserves are getting to fly 20 to 30 hours a month is what one of told me.

Reeves

Salukipilot4590
11-25-2007, 04:26 PM
I was told after I got hired that they would basically put me where I wanted to be. I dont start class till the 7th of Jan but for now im looking for a place to live in STL.

Foxcow
11-25-2007, 10:38 PM
ok thanks!!!!

Do you honestly expect to get a line right out of training? I know a lot of people that sat reserve for years after 9/11.

s10an
11-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Do you honestly expect to get a line right out of training? I know a lot of people that sat reserve for years after 9/11.

That was then, this is now... I got a line right out of training...

Foxcow
11-25-2007, 11:25 PM
That was then, this is now... I got a line right out of training...

What airline?

s10an
11-25-2007, 11:39 PM
What airline?

Take a wild guess... Who is the thread about....

Foxcow
11-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Take a wild guess... Who is the thread about....

Well since every airline is hiring and many of them fly the EMB-145, I was inclined to believe that you went elsewhere since you said "no thanks" to the prospect of not getting a line right of training.

Pilotpip
11-26-2007, 08:23 AM
I sat reserve for about 6 weeks. I finished IOE in early September. Since then, we've gotten pretty fat on FOs. STL had 100 lines this month and something like 133 on the list. If you are hired in the next month or two, you might have to sit reserve for a few months (oh the horror) but considering the number of Captains that are swimming at pools at other airlines this probably won't last. The movement will get going again around Feb.

Aviatormar
11-26-2007, 08:41 AM
It's not un-herd of by having lines right out of training, out of 15 for a 10/15 class at my job, the first 5 have lines, they are just getting into the sim.

Zach
11-26-2007, 09:26 AM
I finished IOE September 30th at Trans States, sat reserve for October and this month. I have a build up line next month. I don't mind reserve. I live in STL and they never call me (I have flown 10hrs this month). Since I've had so much free time I went back to fueling planes at the FBO I used to work at to make some extra money. There are 4 Trans States pilots working at this FBO on the side now, lol.

AV8ER
11-26-2007, 01:06 PM
I finished IOE September 30th at Trans States, sat reserve for October and this month. I have a build up line next month. I don't mind reserve. I live in STL and they never call me (I have flown 10hrs this month). Since I've had so much free time I went back to fueling planes at the FBO I used to work at to make some extra money. There are 4 Trans States pilots working at this FBO on the side now, lol.

Thats funny...and kind of sad...but I understand, 22 bucks an hour at min guarantee doesn't pay most peoples bills. What FBO are you guys at?

Zach
11-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Thats funny...and kind of sad...but I understand, 22 bucks an hour at min guarantee doesn't pay most peoples bills. What FBO are you guys at?

Yeah it kinda sucks being the pilot at one airport, and being the pilot's b!tch at another. We're at Executive Beechcraft.

Lbell911
11-26-2007, 02:13 PM
I was told after I got hired that they would basically put me where I wanted to be. I dont start class till the 7th of Jan but for now im looking for a place to live in STL.

You have an email address, since you can't get private messages yet? or email me [email protected] have some questions for you.....

nicholasblonde
11-26-2007, 05:42 PM
what are your reasons for wanting to go TSA? Just curious.

Lbell911
11-26-2007, 07:04 PM
I currently work for a major carrier as a F/A and to get my LOA approved from there to build my hours up till I can "company transfer from F/A to F/O" I must fly for one of their express carriers.........(buisness code of ethics).....so Trans States is one of the better ones that is hiring at "lower" times.

reevesofskyking
11-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I currently work for a major carrier as a F/A and to get my LOA approved from there to build my hours up till I can "company transfer from F/A to F/O" I must fly for one of their express carriers.........(buisness code of ethics).....so Trans States is one of the better ones that is hiring at "lower" times.

it is not bad if you use them for what you want.

if you go there cause now one else will hire you, then it is lowers the options and how much of a good spin you can put on things at times.

I tell everyone it is not bad if you get me to work. Just getting me to goto work is like pulling teeth somdays

nicholasblonde
11-28-2007, 03:46 PM
So let me get this straight--your company (USAirways, United, or AA) will let you take an LOA long enough to get their minimum hours at TSA, then hire you back as an FO?

I've heard of FAs getting special consideration, but that sounds like a long-shot. I guess it's worth trying.

Just make sure you don't fail out of training at TSA.

If you're looking at getting hired at 250 hrs, I'm pretty sure they aren't doing that anymore. Neither is PSA. It might be this time of year, or the fact that they loaded up on apps when they were listing that as mins.

POPA
11-28-2007, 06:14 PM
If you're looking at getting hired at 250 hrs, I'm pretty sure they aren't doing that anymore. Neither is PSA. It might be this time of year, or the fact that they loaded up on apps when they were listing that as mins.

I'm betting they take him.
Last number I heard (about three or four weeks ago) was six each for the November and December classes.

flynavyj
11-28-2007, 09:11 PM
yeh popa, six a month is around what they're running. They're being a little more particular about hiring now though as things have slowed down, this coming spring it'll pick back up .... quickly.

Wow, Foxcow, you're totally starting to sound like one of those "crusty" ole captains...."Back when i was flying, we dodged thunderstorms because the small hair on my left cheek could pick out the lightening strike". ... ;)

Douglas H
11-29-2007, 05:40 AM
How is the LOA a benefit to you at the major carrier? Does it allow you an earlier pilot seniority number?

At my carrier, your date of hire and pilot seniority date are not the same if you were hired as a FA.

Douglas H
11-29-2007, 05:43 AM
Double post Sorry

Lbell911
11-29-2007, 06:06 AM
You keep your date of hire for vacation accrual and pass travel. Then you are the most senior pilot in your new-hire training class.....you get a new date of hire for pilot bidding and cockpit jumpseating.....you also as a company transfer get (3) guarantee interviews, and different mins requried....and the vacation accrual at 11 years of company seniority would be nice to keep, along with the pass travel, and option to interview at different times.

You also maintain recall rights to your old job (formula used based on your time in that position) would be about 5 years for me, so if the company sustained another 9-11 type event, and laid off pilots, I have the right to assume my previous position at no loss in seniority or pay benefits.......

nicholasblonde
11-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Uhhhh...if that's the case, is your company hiring F/As??? Think you could put in a good word???

:D:D:D

Foxcow
11-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Wow, Foxcow, you're totally starting to sound like one of those "crusty" ole captains...."Back when i was flying, we dodged thunderstorms because the small hair on my left cheek could pick out the lightening strike". ... ;)

Hehe :D, I was just trying to make a point. Its just comical how the guy pretty much thought he was entitled to a line right of training. I thought I got off easy with only 6 months of reserve.

flynavyj
11-29-2007, 06:35 PM
as did i....

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1