Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Trans States - RIC

C172MQI
12-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Hi all,

When you interview with TSA, does the interviewee know which certificate it's for? I would consider TSA if I could get Richmond as a base. Is TSA still going strong there? I've heard people talking about reduced USAir flying and didn't know what sort of impact that would have on TSA in RIC.

Thanks.

Pilotpip
12-25-2007, 01:18 PM
What are you talking about?

There is only one certificate at TSA. The 'other' airline isn't counted. You go where they need you. Look at the other thread on here about the RIC base. They're losing a lot of flying because of the reductions at RIC.

dbrockman2
12-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi all,

When you interview with TSA, does the interviewee know which certificate it's for? I would consider TSA if I could get Richmond as a base. Is TSA still going strong there? I've heard people talking about reduced USAir flying and didn't know what sort of impact that would have on TSA in RIC.

Thanks.

I would stay away from RIC. Lots of reductions going on.

You won't get put on the other guys without knowing. TSA hires its own and GoJets hires its own. You will know right off the bat which its for. BUT, if you have a TSA interview, its for TSA don't worry, no switcheroo going on..

reevesofskyking
12-25-2007, 09:14 PM
I just heard the other day there is another reduction in march in PIT

They are saying that jan 5 is the first reduction and they are keeping 10 gate agents until march, and then they are laid off and the express flying is leaving PIT

What I dont know, is TSA or the other express carriers there going to hire gate agents or are we going to pull out all together?

flynavyj
12-25-2007, 10:11 PM
as i understand it TSA was going to be the only real operator in and out of PIT for airways, but even our flying was being reduced to just about nothing. Given that RIC's strongsuit was the US Air flying, it'll be slower going out there than in STL.

As to the OP, think you just got your wording wrong, and were wondering about domiciles, and not certificates....one certificate (TSA) two domiciles (STL/RIC).

C172MQI
12-26-2007, 05:04 AM
As to the OP, think you just got your wording wrong, and were wondering about domiciles, and not certificates....one certificate (TSA) two domiciles (STL/RIC).

I thought since they held both TSA and GoJet that each of those subsidiaries had a 121 certificate, but apparently that's not the case according to PilotPip.

Thanks for the info. Dbrockman2 answered my question.

dbrockman2
12-26-2007, 05:15 AM
No they do have two separate certificates, thats how they got around the American scope clause. They had a round, from what I understand, back in the day where they hired some people and it wasn't until they showed up for class they found out they were hired for GJS. Now its two separate recruting departments. TSA is on the first floor of the building and GJS should still be on the third.

Pilotpip
12-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Yeah, TSA and GeauxJet are two totally different companies (BS). That's why I said there is only one certificate at TSA. I don't consider the other "airline" worthy of even being mentioned.

When you interview with TSA and get a job, they'll send you where they need you on the TSA certificate. With the reductions in Airways flying it will likely be STL.

jaded
12-28-2007, 02:53 PM
hey Pilotpip, during my interview Ed asked me where I wanted to go, I told him I wanted RIC and he said they needed people at RIC... that was end of Nov. I'm on the Jan 7th class... would it be smarter to bid for STL? I don't know how much of the reduction is affecting RIC at this point.

Pilotpip
12-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Take a look at the lines. A lot of people from RIC are bidding back to STL.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1