Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

camba0a6
02-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Well...I have a question. I just graduated college here in the US and I am looking for a job. I have heard that ACJ has been hiring flight students right out of college. Now I understood that these were Canadian colleges, but how desperate are they for pilots? I see that they require 1500TT with a bunch of other requirements, but surly the students from Canada cant be graduating with that sort of time? How likely am I, a pilot with barly 400TT, getting a position for ACJ once I convert my licences to Canadian. Ohh...and I do have my landed status card, so thats not an issue. I would really like to work for Air Canada, so would it just be easier to get on with a regional here in the US , get the 1000TT and then try and apply to AC?

Thanks

bus canuck
02-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Well...I have a question. I just graduated college here in the US and I am looking for a job. I have heard that ACJ has been hiring flight students right out of college. Now I understood that these were Canadian colleges, but how desperate are they for pilots? I see that they require 1500TT with a bunch of other requirements, but surly the students from Canada cant be graduating with that sort of time? How likely am I, a pilot with barly 400TT, getting a position for ACJ once I convert my licences to Canadian. Ohh...and I do have my landed status card, so thats not an issue. I would really like to work for Air Canada, so would it just be easier to get on with a regional here in the US , get the 1000TT and then try and apply to AC?

Thanks

Forget ACJ at this point. The cadet program is applicable to a specific school only.

It's easier to get started on jets in the States, so I guess that answers your question.

camba0a6
02-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Forget ACJ at this point. The cadet program is applicable to a specific school only.

It's easier to get started on jets in the States, so I guess that answers your question.

Ahh..I see! Alright, thanks!