Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Trans States Hiring

GitRDone
02-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Anyone have thoughts on Trans States. I have been offered a class date a couple months away. I am looking for info on their work rules, and how management/crew sked works with their pilots. Please only include factual info, no hearsay about GoJets. Just the facts, please

junior
02-11-2006, 07:13 AM
what were your flight times?

thowe21
02-11-2006, 11:47 AM
what class date

U-I pilot
02-11-2006, 04:37 PM
I am also waiting on a class. I hear the work rules are fine as far as regionals go. Relations with sked I dont know much about but the resounding theme I hear among all regionals is dont expect favors from sked. even if you play ball and help out. I'm waiting to find out more specifics myself....
my $.02

PSUPilot
02-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Count me in on waiting for a class also.

chris542
02-11-2006, 09:11 PM
I am also waiting for a class date. How long ago have most of you interviewed?

PSUPilot
02-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Well I interviewed on 1/25, and I know that U-I pilot also interviewed on 1/25. There's also one more that I know of from 1/25 who's waiting for a class date.

freezingflyboy
02-12-2006, 05:51 AM
If you go to TSA, is there any gurantee they won't pull the ol' switcheroo and send you off to GoJets? I'm also curious what kind of times you guys had to get interviews. I am about 500 hours short of their mins but they say they hire below those times "at their discretion". What does that mean? Does that mean if you are willing to go to GoJets they'll hire 400 hour wonders from Gulfstream?

U-I pilot
02-12-2006, 08:47 AM
No word on the switcheroo but i'd be angry. GO APPLY. On the day we interviewed the highest time of 6 was 1100TT. I was lowest....I'm embarressed to say real times but lets go with below 850tt and less than 75 ME....get the picture?
If they try to pull the switch on any of us, I am going to pursue talking with National Mediation Board and ALPA reps because that would be contradictory to information they have supplied in regards to Union Representation....

chris542
02-12-2006, 08:53 AM
From what I jave been told, Go Jets is completely seperate from Trans States in the sense that, if you interview with Trans States, you will fly for trans states. I interviewed on February 1. When I left TSA, the last thing they told me was hopefully a March 13 class date?? Couldn't be for sure though.

whoknows
02-12-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm waiting for a date as well. I spoke with the new recruiter on thurs she said they are finalizing the Feb 20th class. Has anybody been offered either the feb class or March class recently?

GitRDone
02-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Thx for the feedback everyone. My interview date was early Feb. I was given a class date of Apr/May. Not too specific. I am holding my breath, as things change quickly in this industry, and I'll believe it when I see it.
TT 675 Multi 143 Anyone talked with someone recently out of training with TSA?

GitRDone
02-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Prior to the interview I spoke with the Communication rep for TSA at ALPA, she was aware of the switcheroo. ALPA said people have walked out on Day 1 of training when they arrived and were told the training was for GoJets, NOT TSA. Pretty foul. During the interview I clarified it was for a TSA position, NOT GoJets. Time will tell.

freezingflyboy
02-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Good to hear guys. Keep the board updated when you get to training. I'm very interested in wether or not they send you to a TSA plane or try to get you into GoJets. That would really be foul if they tried to do that to you guys.
Man, I was surprised by your times. Makes me feel like an old fogey!:p Don't let any captains give you cr*p cause you don't have to shave on a 3 day trip:D Good luck with training!

U-I pilot
02-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Waiting for a date.... Probably March 13th, but hoping for a vacancy in Feb 20th. Nothing specific for either one though....hope to hear something soon.... Anyone that hears please post.... Hope to see you guys in STL sooner than later....

PSUPilot
02-12-2006, 03:57 PM
I also heard 3/13...the 2/20 had been full the last I heard. Latest rumor I heard was that TSA would announce COEX flying within a month...and the need for an additional 200 or so pilots. Don't know the validity of that.

I had 711TT and 102 multi by the time I interviewed.

Let's hope for a quick class date...

chris542
02-12-2006, 05:08 PM
I hope for a quick class date as well. I was hoping for the 2/20 but I also heard that was full. They told me to be on my toes though because if people don't show up for that class date they could call with a very short notice. Hope to see you guys in ST. Louis.

chris542
02-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Hey, do any of you guys know exactly how TSA's flight benefits work? I am going to try and commute after being on reserve (for who knows how long). Any info would be great. Thanks

U-I pilot
02-12-2006, 07:15 PM
I believe in the CoEx flying when I see a TSA crew on a CAL painted E145.... until then we can all only hope...that would make upgrade time short and other plusses

chris542
02-13-2006, 03:36 AM
I haven't heard much about TSA and CoEx? What is the scoop?

BoilerUP
02-13-2006, 06:23 AM
Don't get your hopes up on seeing Uncle Hulie's airplanes in Continental colors anytime soon.

:o

Superpilot92
02-14-2006, 08:03 PM
I believe in the CoEx flying when I see a TSA crew on a CAL painted E145.... until then we can all only hope...that would make upgrade time short and other plusses

You sir are an idiot!! Why would you want to see XJET loose flying to TSA? Do you realize 700 pilots would be out of a job. 700 pilots most of them have families. Learn some manners asswipe. I wouldnt get furloughed but i know alot of people that would and you know what all those people would never hope that you lose your job.

U-I pilot
02-15-2006, 07:38 AM
You sir need to chill out! I'm not in any way hoping for people to lose their job. It is a sad outcome of any flying loss. But right now, the way the industry is, one companies loss is another's gain. I bet that no matter where that flying goes (even if it stays with XJT) those same pilots will likely fly lots of it..... They may have to change companies to do so, but the jobs wont just disappear altogether....
Don't get me wrong, I don't wish job changing or furlough on anyone....but this is the industry we have all chosen...love it or hate it.

medfly
02-15-2006, 08:40 AM
There used to be a website www.tsalounge.com anyone could sign-up and post. You may want to get the info from the horse's mouth......I heard it was a good place to work, starting pay sucks but what else is new in the world of regional business... Best of luck

Punkpilot48
02-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Don't get your hopes up on seeing Uncle Hulie's airplanes in Continental colors anytime soon.

:o

They are going to announce next month officialy that TSA will hold co ex routes. There are eight new IOE captains in training this month to gear up for the increased hirring they plan to do. This is not from any result in what happens to those 69 xjet planes.

BoilerUP
02-15-2006, 04:31 PM
They are going to announce next month officialy that TSA will hold co ex routes. There are eight new IOE captains in training this month to gear up for the increased hirring they plan to do. This is not from any result in what happens to those 69 xjet planes.

I had a friend at TSA tell me tonight they were getting XJT's flying. I said on Flightinfo if anybody got that flying, it would be TSA...but I still *seriously* doubt you'll ever see an HK airplane in Continental Express colors. Besides, XJT has their exclusive agreement through what, the end of 2007?

Sounds more and more like the rumors of AWAC getting Pinnacle's flying...yeah right:rolleyes:

hifly
02-16-2006, 02:51 AM
They are going to announce next month officialy that TSA will hold co ex routes.

What is your source on this information?

Punkpilot48
02-16-2006, 08:39 AM
I know someone in the hiring dept. and a couple of FO's that have told me about this.

hifly
02-16-2006, 01:14 PM
I know someone in the hiring dept. and a couple of FO's that have told me about this.

Well... you are right about the captains but I wouldn't be so quick to state rumor as fact. You may be right though, I guess we'll see next month :)

Punkpilot48
02-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Yeah and knowing this industry you never really know do ya? Hopefully if nothing happens no one will remember Ive said anything :p

U-I pilot
02-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Just got the call for March 13th. Anyone else? Good luck to all .... see ya in STL.

thowe21
02-21-2006, 08:02 PM
when did you interview

flaps 9
02-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Hey, do any of you guys know exactly how TSA's flight benefits work? I am going to try and commute after being on reserve (for who knows how long). Any info would be great. Thanks

Not sure where you'll be commuting from, but you will have cockpit access to all of our codeshare partners, UA,AA,US (east) once you're online. Plan ahead and have a few backups and you should be ok.

U-I pilot
02-22-2006, 03:27 PM
interviewed Jan 25

whoknows
02-26-2006, 10:37 AM
anybody have any news on when the next class may be?

Punkpilot48
02-26-2006, 05:50 PM
march 13th i think there is nine in now

dacm313
02-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Hey guys,

Just wondering who you sent your resume into? I looked on there website but I cant find anything. I would like to send mine in. Thanks in advance.

dacm313
02-27-2006, 08:24 AM
I found the information i was looking for, just didnt look hard enough.

Bri85
06-26-2007, 02:43 PM
On Jul 10 the school Im attending is having a TSA Pilot Hiring Session, they will be giving out interviews, info, etc... I might pass by to check it out.

Ellen
06-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Ladies and Gentleman.

I just want to say be extra diligent in your decision making process in who you choose to go to work for to begin your airline career. Some solid research (not just this forum) should guide you in making your decisions. Many of the companies out their may paint a rosey picture, however, once inside you may find yourself "settling" because you made the incorrect decision out the gate.

flyerfly
06-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Don't do it!

ExperimentalAB
06-26-2007, 10:34 PM
LoL...Flyerfly - It's pretty funny reading this forum now a year or so later...

Uncle Hulie's E-145's in CoEX colors?! Boy that materialized :-)

flyerfly
06-27-2007, 08:08 PM
True so true....what I know now. You wanna know something funny. Hulas means "dance in the grass" I learned that doing the USA today crossword

ExperimentalAB
06-27-2007, 09:56 PM
True so true....what I know now. You wanna know something funny. Hulas means "dance in the grass" I learned that doing the USA today crossword

LMFAO...it doesn't! That's hilarious!!

Hey on another thought, we oughta resurrect some of these dead threads to see just how right all of our Predictions were, concerning the in's and out's of the Regionals haha. That would be a riot!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1