Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Transafrik Video

KoruPilot
04-23-2008, 03:30 PM
A link to a very cool video. . .

Does anyone know where one could get a copy of the original (Canal 5 France?) video. There is a smaller piece of this same presentation with better resolution and I'd love to get my hands on the original full length version.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2BIJqb90S-8&feature=related

. . . got me to thinking that I should put some stuff from the CV580 day's on here. I have some nice footage of Central America and the S Pacific from the flight deck. If anyone else has decent links or some of their own stuff I'd love to see it. Thanks.

I love this classic stuff, makes me melancholy for the day's of flying old beasties into small/rough strips in the middle of nowhere. Now day's most guy's I fly with have the autopilot in above 500 ft all the time, even on a good visual day; but then again many of them have a warbird to go home to.

alarkyokie
05-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Never thought that 727's could operate in such an environment!
Thanks for the insight!

olympic
05-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Now that's a great plane, one of the greatest airliners... too bad I will never fly it, unless I move to Africa.