Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Recent Cathay DEFO interviews?

Sioux115
04-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Anybody interview for DEFO recently? Any updated gouge? Im getting overwhelmed with studying, trying to focus it a little bit. Still waiting on Handling the Big Jets to show up!:eek: Thanks.

Sioux

jousteagle
04-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Check your local library for "Handling the Big Jets." I managed to find a copy there.

spitfire1500
04-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Check your local library for "Handling the Big Jets." I managed to find a copy there.

If youre already flying a small jet....the book is a waste of money. The difference between big and small.....slow and configure the big one earlier. For Cathay I would get a book called "Mechanincs of Flight" By AC Kermode

buddies8
04-24-2008, 07:00 PM
DEFO, is that Direct Entry First Officer?
How else do you become an F/O?

go43andrti
04-25-2008, 01:41 AM
DEFO, is that Direct Entry First Officer?
How else do you become an F/O?

Second officer.

4everFO
04-25-2008, 05:22 AM
If youre already flying a small jet....the book is a waste of money. The difference between big and small.....slow and configure the big one earlier. For Cathay I would get a book called "Mechanincs of Flight" By AC Kermode

I disagree, when I interviewed with Cathay I was flying an RJ and I learned a good amount of things from Handling the Big Jets.

Another way to become an FO is to get promoted from Second Officer to Junior FO and then FO.

FO

Sioux115
04-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the help guys.