Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Koolaidman
05-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Did you guys stop flying STL to DEN for American? Thanks.

reevesofskyking
05-04-2008, 10:06 PM
I think I saw that on our bid memo a few months ago

I almost certian of it, I was glad to see it go, I only did a denver turn on the last two legs of a four day, and it drove me insane.

We are doing it more in the united side now there.

Koolaidman
05-04-2008, 10:10 PM
*** is AA thinking? Everytime I took that flight it was full. Thanks.

btwissel
05-05-2008, 06:20 AM
*** is AA thinking? Everytime I took that flight it was full. Thanks.

hopefully they noticed they could put a -80 or 737 on that route, and acted accordingly

Salukipilot4590
05-05-2008, 07:08 AM
hopefully they noticed they could put a -80 or 737 on that route, and acted accordingly

Not sure if they have started a flight from here yet but I would imagine they might have thought that.

Purple Nugget
05-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Yup. AA DEN-STL nonstop is no more; however, Southwest starts DEN-STL nonstop this month!

flyinaway411
05-05-2008, 10:40 AM
i was delayed for mx in den within the last couple of weeks that we did stl-den and while i was talking to the station manager, she said aa is discontinuing non-stop service completely. gotta go thru ord or dfw. i agree though, it was always a full flight.

ERJ135
05-05-2008, 12:02 PM
I think it might be because they are trying to move all the TSA flying to MIA. However, that is some kind of scope violation based on an arbitrators previous ruling. So I think AE ALPA is filing a grievence to block TSA from doing Eagles flying in MIA. So STL DEN might come back.

AV8ER
05-05-2008, 02:38 PM
I think it might be because they are trying to move all the TSA flying to MIA.

Huh?????All the TSA flying???

ERJ135
05-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Huh?????All the TSA flying???

Thats is how I understand it. STL is not making money, everything is being transfered to MIA under the routes Eagle is doing right now.

ebuhoner
05-05-2008, 03:56 PM
So is MIA becoming a BASE for TSA?

RockyMtnFO
05-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Wow, I would be surpised to see all the American flying go to Miami, the company has repeatedly said it has no plans to make MIA a base.

ERJ135
05-05-2008, 04:04 PM
well, who knows what they are going to do. I"ll see if I can dig up the company/union memo on this. See what how guys interepet it.

flynavyj
05-05-2008, 04:31 PM
As i understood the memo,some (not all) of the STL flying was looked at as being unrpofitable. TSA (last i heard) was attempting to ditch the flying for AA that was at risk for the company, and didn't create the best money for uncle hulie. This flying (might be in response to either situation) but, it isn't ALL the american flying being moved, just some of it. And part of the way they're trying to navigate the eagle rules of no connection out of eagle bases, is to not hub/spoke out of MIA, instead use it as a through station essentially to another market. Least that's what i've heard.

ERJ135
05-05-2008, 04:32 PM
This may have been posted before on here. It does look like a portion of the STL flying will be moved. So I guess not the whole thing.

American Adjusts Regional Network to Add Summer Flying

The June schedule change appears in SABRE today, and includes adjustments to the regional network.

At ORD, Eagle will add a daily round trip to CHA, DTW, LSE, SGF, TVC, TYS, XNA and YYZ to capitalize on seasonal demand.

Additionally, Eagle will add new year-round service three times daily to Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA), a market Eagle last served in 1999.

At DFW, Additional daily round trips to BUF, CRP, GSP, JAN, MOB, and MTJ will begin June 1.

To free up Eagle resources to support the increased flying in ORD and DFW, American has asked Eagle to reduce its RJ flying in MIA (retaining 40 daily Eagle and Executive departures).

American will shift a portion of American Connection assets from STL to MIA, to improve STL profitability which has suffered recently under pressure from low cost carriers.

While the overall American Connection flying will not increase, Eagle will actually gain flying as capacity is redeployed into ORD and DFW, allowing us to fly 96 additional block hours in the month of June, due to more out-and-back hub flying.

Other notable changes in the June 1 schedule include cancellation of unprofitable flying in MIA-XNA and LGA-YHZ. Eagle will continue to serve YHZ with two daily round trips from JFK.

AV8ER
05-05-2008, 08:44 PM
A portion of...

threegreen
05-05-2008, 09:19 PM
so...all of the movement, how will it affect TSA???

reevesofskyking
05-05-2008, 09:26 PM
so...all of the movement, how will it affect TSA???

It wont much.

Since I have been here I have seen flying change hands every month.
It is really no different than CHQ getting something one month, and us the next. Same happens over on the United stuff. If you read the FA bid packed memo in the hard form, you will see the city pairs change each month by codeshare. I am too somewhat excited to see MIA, but in the grand scheme of things it is really just normal business of being flexable to help our codeshare out, and I would say on our end it is to keep airplanes flying and making money.

Eagle guys/gals, do not be offended, I know you have a greivence over this and seems to be rightfully so, I am just talking strictly to and insider looking out.

Reeves

threegreen
05-05-2008, 09:28 PM
well i am hoping you guys start getting busy so i can get a class date SOON :)

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1