Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ATP in a Seminole?

shinysideup
05-10-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm currently an RJ FO with 1500 or so in the jet, and no turbine PIC.

Looks like Etihad is hiring at ATP mins, and Cathay is hiring S/Os at that sort of hours. Both require an ATP though.

Would shelling out three grand and getting an ATP in a Seminole do me any good?

4everFO
05-10-2008, 10:32 AM
When I applied at Cathay I was also a regional jet FO, also with zero turbine PIC. I did do the ATP at allATPs in order to apply to a different carrier. Fortunately for me, that carrier did not work out and Cathay called. Upgraded to Captain while I was waiting for a course date.

As always ask an accountant but that year I was able to write off the entire trip to get the ATP (hotel, meals, and the flying). And it was a piece of cake and had fun doing it.

Good luck.

FO

BURflyer
05-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Have you done the research on what TT pilots are actually being hired at these companies? If they are actually hiring at their mins then it might be worth it.

PokerPro
05-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Did mine up in PQI, Maine with J.T. Cost was only about ~$1750, took one day and would recommend it to anyone.

ImperialxRat
05-19-2008, 10:43 AM
I was considering doing this same thing... ATP in a Seminole.. Problem is that I haven't flown a light twin in quite some time.

I'll have to keep PQI in mind. Thanks for the tip.