Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Azul Airlines (Brasil)

TheOak
05-20-2008, 08:05 PM
http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/may2008/id2008056_561046.htm?campaign_id=rss_innovate

if anyone has any additional information on Azul, it would be appreciated.
(ie: forecasted start dates, websites, treatment of pilotos Americanos em Brasil (ERJ crash with GOL) , other b.s., etc)

Situation:
I love the country, but have only heard horror stories regarding career moves there. currently a senior FO for a regional in the US

TheOak
05-20-2008, 08:20 PM
just found this.
http://www.voceescolhe.com.br

Bri85
05-20-2008, 08:33 PM
From what Ive been told, - to be hired you need to be a resident, speak the language, and the pay is just as bad if not worst when compared to the regionals.

TheOak
05-21-2008, 03:39 AM
Thanks Bri

serious flyer
05-22-2008, 10:56 AM
You have to be a Brazilian Citizen to work on Brazilian Airlines.
SF

jet320
05-22-2008, 11:19 AM
[quote=serious flyer;388659]You have to be a Brazilian Citizen to work on Brazilian Airlines.

Not only that, benefits, salaries and everything as a hole is not the same as USA. They won't pay, what they are paying in USA Industry.

jmackin
05-22-2008, 01:32 PM
[quote=serious flyer;388659]You have to be a Brazilian Citizen to work on Brazilian Airlines.

Not only that, benefits, salaries and everything as a hole is not the same as USA. They won't pay, what they are paying in USA Industry.

Curious to know what a Brazilian pilot's QOL is compared to the rest of Brazilian people. I know pay isn't that great but curious to see local QOL.

Bri85
05-22-2008, 01:44 PM
[quote=jet320;388690]

Curious to know what a Brazilian pilot's QOL is compared to the rest of Brazilian people. I know pay isn't that great but curious to see local QOL.

brasil has a small middle class compare to the rest of the population, its middle class is growing rapidly but most of the population is poor- Is pretty much you are either dirt poor- or stupidly rich. i met a brasilian pilot that came here to the states to study english, and thats what he told me. As for QOL eventually youll be in the top tier of middle class; but youll have to struggle day by day for many years to get there. plus work ethics and regulations does not exist down there.

DANCRJ
05-22-2008, 03:17 PM
[quote=jmackin;388805]

brasil has a small middle class compare to the rest of the population, its middle class is growing rapidly but most of the population is poor- Is pretty much you are either dirt poor- or stupidly rich. i met a brasilian pilot that came here to the states to study english, and thats what he told me. As for QOL eventually youll be in the top tier of middle class; but youll have to struggle day by day for many years to get there. plus work ethics and regulations does not exist down there.

You got it all wrong if you say they don't have work ethics and regulations does not exist down there........... They have their problems and regulations are are managed differently (flexible). What kind of work ethics regionals have in this country (with the exception of a few)? When I talk to people in south america, they complain about their situation and always tell you ohh.. you fly in the US how NICE ! Then I explain the reality of the airlines, specially the regionals and they just can't believe it. They can't believe the pay, the violations to the contract, lack of respect to the pilots at all levels. They can't believe me when I tell them how short vacations are here. Most coutnries down there, your first year yo get 2 full paid weeks and then with seniority goes up to a month easily.
If you work for a good major in the states, you're better here. I work for a regional, and if I could I would take a job down there in a heartbeat. QQL is always going to be better in south america, and Brazil is a beautiful contry with beautiful people (specially women). Being an Airline pilot gives you status and respect.

Golden Child
08-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Let me ask a little more because I am a Brazilian raised here in the US and I flew for a regional for a little while a couple years back. Is Azul or TAM still hiring ex-pats? What are the qualifications? What's the news on the upgrades and pay?

Thanks in advanced.

ShyGuy
08-01-2013, 04:20 PM
According to Flying magazine's Les Abend in his August article, he mentions that Avianca Brazil Captains make per month $7000 USD and FOs $3500 USD. He wrote that Azul FOs make half that.

Golden Child
08-01-2013, 10:32 PM
According to Flying magazine's Les Abend in his August article, he mentions that Avianca Brazil Captains make per month $7000 USD and FOs $3500 USD. He wrote that Azul FOs make half that.

Thanks for the info; where can I find the article?

dogismycopilot
08-01-2013, 10:51 PM

I'm guessing in the August issue of Flying magazine.

Available in print or digital format.

Aviation News and Resources for Pilots | Flying Magazine (http://www.flyingmag.com)

Golden Child
08-02-2013, 06:59 PM
I looked online and I didn't find it, hopefully it's the one in print right now. Does anyone have inside info on Azul?

ShyGuy
08-02-2013, 07:10 PM
It was an article in Flying magazine's latest August issue. He doesn't talk about Azul other than what I wrote in terms of pay comparison between Azul and Avianca Brazil.

Golden Child
08-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Does anyone out there have experience flying in Brazil?

Systemized
08-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Does anyone out there have experience flying in Brazil?

Are you Brazilian? My girlfriend works in financial planning for a Brazilian Airline. PM me if you want to know about the hiring process or anything else.