Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

tomryan88
05-30-2008, 06:15 AM
Does anyone have any insight or info as to whether or not NETJETS Europe would hire an American pilot (or any UK/Europe carrier)? My girl friend is a UK citizen, and I'm retiring from the USAF in 1 year. Thanks

greedyairlineexec
05-30-2008, 09:35 AM
short answer not right now. you do not have the right to work in any EU country and you do not have the JAAR licenses either. if you convert your licenses to JAAR( expensive and time consuming,bu), marry your girlfriend and network a lot (who you know is as important or more there than here) then you have a shot.
If you are serious about it you have 1 year to go start networking ( I'm assuming you are based over there), studying and taking the tests for the conversion and............shop for an engagement ring.

good luck

jousteagle
05-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Tom,

You need an EU passport. The right to live and work in Europe won't suffice (which a spouse of a European would have). The EU passport requirement is listed on their website and I've confirmed it via email with their HR staff. Congrats on your upcoming retirement and good luck!

kevinc5
05-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Have you a grandparent born in Ireland perhaps? Google "Irish citizenship by descent"

Starlifter
06-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Tom,

Are you in Germany or the UK? I'll be at RMS on the 8th if you want to talk about this. I was in the same position?

Regards,
Lifter