Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Cebu Pacific Air

Adobo
06-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Any info about these guys besides what is posted on their website? I tried the search function, but found zip. I have dual citizenship to include the Philippines and would like to get back there someday. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

SuperLolo
06-29-2008, 09:29 PM
I know they are hiring into the ATR. You need to convert your licenses before they even look at you. Also, knowing someone inside goes a long way. Go to pprune.org under Southeast Asia. Lots of info under the thread 'cebupac pilot exodus'.

KoruPilot
06-30-2008, 02:32 AM
Go to Airline Friends.Net - Where Friendships take Flight! (http://www.airlinefriends.net). There is a guy on there with the handle Jonjie who is a bus skipper with Cebu Pacific. Might be a good contact and it's a pretty interesting idea for a web site; put together and run by a driver from Westjet.

Good luck with it.

Wow, this edit is because I just put the web address up there, but a shameless plug is what you got. These thing's are way smarter than me.

Adobo
06-30-2008, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the info guys! Do you know if you need to be typed to get into the ATR? Any QOL, Pay info? I know about the conversion, I talked to someone about that and they said that it would cost around 5k. Just was wondering if it would be worth taking the risk of actually going to the PI and going through the conversion process.

zahirsheikh67
07-03-2014, 02:18 AM
I do not know anything about the hiring process. Infact I am a frequent traveller and I can instead give you information about airlines. The site http://www.airlinequality.com/index.htm provides good information about airline quality. You may check out http://www.cleartrip.ae/airlines/ to know about other airline related news and details. They have most recent information.

PCLCREW
07-25-2014, 04:18 AM
Thanks for the info guys! Do you know if you need to be typed to get into the ATR? Any QOL, Pay info? I know about the conversion, I talked to someone about that and they said that it would cost around 5k. Just was wondering if it would be worth taking the risk of actually going to the PI and going through the conversion process.

I know a guy who flew for TACA and they went to Cebu as a Capt on a contract (when they were still doing that).
I believe he said you are responsible to pay for your type.
I'm just trying to recall what he said, but I think they got rid of hiring expats and the contracts are all done. You are now hired under the local contract which requires a Phil passport. Which you have. I think the [email protected] are pretty bad though.
Just like others have said PPRUNE has a lot of info. Head there.