Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Etihad Airways US Roadshows

isla mujeres
07-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Etihad Airways Road Show

Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is pleased to announce that it will be conducting open day road shows for cockpit crew in several cities in the United States of America in the month of August.
Etihad Airways has been the fastest growing airline in the world for nearly 4 years in a row and has shown remarkable expansion and progression. We are continuing our expansion and are looking into increasing both our network and our fleet; therefore we are looking for experienced, professional pilots to join us.
We will be providing information on all aspects of our pay package and benefits during our presentations about the airline and our home base Abu Dhabi, which is the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
The road shows will be conducted by:

Captain Jihad Matta Head of pilot recruitment

Captain Adel Al Zubaidi Assessor

Please find below the cities and respective dates of the presentations:
New York:
13th and 14th of August

Chicago:
18th and 20th of August

Denver:
22nd and 23rd of August

Phoenix:
25th of August

Miami:
27th of August

Venues and times will be announced shortly as soon as confirmed.

Please bring along the following documents,

• Passport copy.
• Medical and license copy.
• Log book copy.
• Reference number if already applied on line or an updated CV.
• 6 passport size pictures.

For any information about our minimum requirements and package please visit
www.etihadairways.com (http://www.etihadairways.com/).

So join us and let us introduce you to ETIHAD, a new and dynamic airline, and a
great life style in Abu Dhabi the capital of the UAE

isla mujeres
07-14-2008, 02:06 PM

To: All Etihad Airways staff

The Etihad Airways Chairman His Highness Dr Sheikh Ahmed bin Saif Al Nahyan and myself have announced a firm order for 55 new Airbus aircraft at the Farnborough International Airshow in the UK. The list price for the order is approximately US $12 billion.

The agreement with Airbus comprises firm orders for:

20 A320 aircraft. The engine type is subject to further discussions
25 A350 aircraft, powered by Rolls Royce Trent XWB engines
10 A380 aircraft. The engine type is subject to further discussions.

There are also options for five A320s, 10 A350s and five A380s together with purchase rights for a further 15 A320s, 15 A350s and five A380s.

Together with the order for 45 new Boeing aircraft announced earlier today, this brings the total firm orders made at Farnborough to 100 aircraft.

The agreement with Boeing comprises firm orders for:

35 B787 aircraft. The engine type is subject to further discussions
10 B777 aircraft, powered by GE90 engines.

There are also options for a further 25 Boeing 787s and 10 Boeing 777s.

The airline has also announced purchase rights for a further 10 Boeing 787s and five Boeing 777s.

All the new aircraft are scheduled for delivery between 2011 and 2020 and when delivered will give Etihad a fleet of more than 150 aircraft.

This is a momentous day for Etihad Airways and Abu Dhabi and represents one of the largest aircraft orders in commercial aviation history. It reflects the belief we have in the strength and pace of economic growth in the Emirate and the integral role Etihad will play in Abu Dhabi’s future. That future will see planned investments in infrastructure and projects within the Emirate likely to exceed US $200 billion during the next 10 years, an aggressive tourism push and enormous residential development. We are extremely proud to play a leading role in realising these exciting plans.

The size of our order also mirrors the rising prominence of the Middle East and its increasing emergence as the centre of global aviation and a natural air bridge between East and West.

A key selection criterion in the deals we have announced today has been the environmental performance of the aircraft.

The new generation aircraft we have ordered from Boeing and Airbus are amongst the greenest and most fuel efficient.

Not only will this maintain Etihad’s fleet as one of the youngest in the sky, it will also ensure that we have one of the most environmentally friendly fleets flying.

For more information on the aircraft orders, see tomorrow’s special edition of Etihad Today (Tuesday, July 15).

mmaviator
07-15-2008, 12:03 PM
does anyone here work for them? any pros/cons would be great?

SuperLolo
07-16-2008, 08:21 AM
How about times and location for these roadshows?

EYBusdriver
07-16-2008, 10:04 AM
How about times and location for these roadshows?

Venues and times will be announced shortly as soon as confirmed.

• Passport copy.
• Medical and license copy.
• Log book copy.
• Reference number if already applied on line or an updated CV.
• 6 passport size pictures.

BoredwLife
07-16-2008, 10:52 AM
6 diffrent photos or 6 of the same. Stupid question. I know.

AL E NEWMAN
07-16-2008, 11:18 AM

This should give you some ideas on how to proceed...
Matt Culpepper of California \ Nevada Web Site (http://mdculpepper.org/)

click on The Man or The Pilot for some insight:D

EYBusdriver
07-16-2008, 11:32 AM

Yes, correct, six of the same.

EYBusdriver
07-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Here is a mailing I received from my former union. (previous company)

To All,

A new airline is starting in Dubai called Fly Dubai.

They have just put in an order for 50 737/800

They plan to start in mid 2009.

RandyBMC
07-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Fly Dubai i snot part of Etihad, correct? Do you have any other info on them?

Thanks!
Randy

EYBusdriver
07-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Fly Dubai i snot part of Etihad, correct? Do you have any other info on them?

Thanks!
Randy

No they are not. They are owned by Dubai gov. Same as Emirates but supposedly a totally independent outfit. They just ordered fifty 737NG's.

Skyone
07-18-2008, 07:34 AM
EYbusdriver is correct. The Dubai gov wants to get in on the low cost picture here in the desert. With Etihad and Air Arabia grabbing some of the short to medium haul market, Dubai gov feels it can be part of it.

It is officially not part of Emirates but EK management is doing a lot of the ground work to get it started. They are looking at mid 2009 launch date with the 50 aircraft order of the 737-800. They have started to do some recruiting on the emiratesgroupcareers web site, but no one can seem to find it. Keep an eye out for this. No terms or conditions that I know of have been established. Only thing I really know, Dubai based, 737-800, and the name.

Chickenwolf
07-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Anyone know how solid the glass time requirement is for the "minimum of 1000 hours on multi crew,glass cockpit jet aircraft"?

THX

PS is golf affordable in Abu Dhabi looks like only a few courses.

jetgo166
07-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Guys, think long and hard about coming over to the sandbox. i have been working a contract here in the uae, and it is not that easy to live here. If I was to work for any carrier here, it would be Etihad, as Abu Dhabi is a more orderly city. If you want to come here, remember that you are foreign worker, just like anyone else here, and you do not enjoy the same rights and priveleges that you are accustomed to stateside. The traffic is crazy, the heat is mind-bending, and doing business here is maddening. I honestly do not know how a guy can bring his family here. Even as a single guy, I have found it challenging. On the plus side, money is a great opiate, the flying is rather easy, and there seems to be an endless amount of money thrown at these airlines. Additionally, you will learn more about the world than you would ever imagine. I am very pleased with my decision to come out here, but I do know that I have a definite return date to the USA.

sheepshagger
07-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Jetgo 166.....would like to get some "extra info" if its at all possible??

ugleeual
07-19-2008, 12:46 PM
You are slave labor...

sheepshagger
07-20-2008, 11:09 AM
I am now.!!!!!...from the frying pan into the fire

Skyone
07-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Get a grip guys. Any expat job is a challenge. When you make the decision to leave the land of apple pie you have to be ready to make adjustments. And I don't care if it's London, Paris, Dubai, Hong Kong, Mumbai, or Shanghi. All will take adjustments. No, you are not slave labor, you are a mercenary to a point. One will leave when there is a better opportunity or chance to get back to one's home country.

If you think the UAE is difficult, go to a country where English is only spoken as an afterthought, if then. Here, everyone speaks some sort of English and it is, for the most part. the official language of business. Try that in China or even Europe if you have the JAA license.

Some can adjust, some can't. Challenges and dangerous traffic? You bet. This ain't Kansas, but it's not....well, insert your own third world, emerging market country.

Thedude
07-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Anyone know how solid the glass time requirement is for the "minimum of 1000 hours on multi crew,glass cockpit jet aircraft"?

I can tell you this with 8300+TT, 6000+ Multi, 4000+Jet (over 100,000 lbs) 1300+ 747 and current as Capt on the 74 but no glass time. They said no thanks for an interview.

I really wonder where some of these companies in that part of the world get their mins. I was turned down for another interview for an F/O on the 74 even though I am a Capt on the bloody thing. According to the email, I am not even qualified to operate a 747.

EYBusdriver
07-20-2008, 09:10 PM
I can tell you this with 8300+TT, 6000+ Multi, 4000+Jet (over 100,000 lbs) 1300+ 747 and current as Capt on the 74 but no glass time. They said no thanks for an interview.

I really wonder where some of these companies in that part of the world get their mins. I was turned down for another interview for an F/O on the 74 even though I am a Capt on the bloody thing. According to the email, I am not even qualified to operate a 747.

Where you applying for a 74 position? Etihad has no 74's and the ones at Emirates are wet leases.

Thedude
07-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Where you applying for a 74 position? Etihad has no 74's and the ones at Emirates are wet leases.

No I was not applying for a 74 position. I was applying for a 777 job with EY when I got the auto reject email. 2 seperate companies.

sheepshagger
07-21-2008, 06:01 PM
skyone...judging from that picture....you must get a lot of shelias for sure...tell me thats not a self portrait...

isla mujeres
07-21-2008, 08:14 PM
The Dude,

sorry for the negative answer, but they are very strict about the efis time.
If you flown a glass BOEING (767/757/737NG/747-400) you would not be getting a call for a 777 job at EY.
As you would need a full course. Having flown the previously mentionned types, would qualify you for the Short Conversion course. But with the amount of airplanes coming, i wouldnt be surprised if they changed the rules. But it wouldnt be for tomorrow.

Good luck,

jet320
07-22-2008, 12:03 AM
The Dude,

If you flown a glass BOEING (767/757/737NG/747-400) you would not be getting a call for a 777 job at EY.
As you would need a full course. Having flown the previously mentionned types, would qualify you for the Short Conversion course. But with the amount of airplanes coming, i wouldnt be surprised if they changed the rules. But it wouldnt be for tomorrow.

Good luck,

Hi isla de mujeres any chance that you can send me email at [email protected]

I wanted to ask some question about Etihad. Best

Skyone
07-22-2008, 02:13 AM
skyone...judging from that picture....you must get a lot of shelias for sure...tell me thats not a self portrait...

Well actually, it is. Taken after three all night turnarounds to Mumbai, Hydrabad, and Chenai.

EYBusdriver
07-22-2008, 03:35 AM
The Dude,

Good luck,

Isla,
Shouldn't you mean you " Unless you have flown a glass BOEING (767/757/737NG/747-400) you would not be getting a call for a 777 job at EY". Recruitment told me they were looking for efis Boeing pilots.

Rgds
EY

mgtaylor
07-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Dear isla mujerus, EYBusdriver

Please Post/email Loctaion and times as soon as they are available.

I am looking forward to attending and having an oportunity to meet your recruitment team in person.

My Etihad Application Reference no. is:

EY/08/07/08047

My Total time is 9800+ Hrs Including :
7224 total Pt 121 expereince with 3061 Part 121 PIC time
Including 4880 total Jet / 1300+ Jet PIC Including:
2900+ Total MD80 / 298 MD80 PIC
1900+ Total A320 / 1067+ A320 PIC

I am Seeking Full Time and Permanent Employment with Etihad. Ready Willing and Able to Relocate and Start Anytime.

Sincerely M Taylor

isla mujeres
07-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Etihad Airways Road Show

Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is pleased to announce that it will be conducting open day road shows for cockpit crew in several cities in the United States of America in the month of August.

Etihad Airways has been the fastest growing airline in the world for nearly 4 years in a row and has shown remarkable expansion and progression. We are continuing our expansion and are looking into increasing both our network and our fleet; therefore we are looking for experienced, professional pilots to join us.

We will be presenting information on all aspects of our pay package and benefits and also will hold a presentation about the airline and our home base Abu Dhabi, which is the capital of the United Arab Emirates.

Captain Jihad Matta Head of pilot recruitment

Please find below the cities with the respective date were the presentations will be held:

New York: 14 August 15 August
10:00am –6:00pm & 10:00am –6:00pm

135-30 140th Street, Jamaica
New York

Chicago: 18 August 19 August
10:00am – 6:00pm & 10:00am – 4:00pm

10249 W Irving Park Road, O’Hare
Chicago

Denver: 22 August 23 August
10:00am – 6:00pm & 10:00am – 4:00pm

3203 Quebec Street
Denver

Phoenix: 25 August
10:00am – 6:00pm

3333 East University Drive
Phoenix

Miami: 27 August
10:00am – 6:00pm

5800 Blue Lagoon Drive
Miami

Passport copy.
Medical and license copy.
Log book copy.
Reference number if already applied on line or an updated CV.
6 passport size pictures.
For any information about our minimum requirements and package please visit www.etihadairways.com (http://www.etihadairways.com/).

So join us and let us introduce you to ETIHAD, a new and dynamic airline and a great life style in Abu Dhabi the capital of the UAE.

RawTriGuy
07-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Strange,
I submitted my app yesterday and I received an email stating that "I was not shortlisted." Anybody know what the requirements are for shortlist for the B-777?

I am currently flying the B757 for a part 121 carrier in the states. 5000+ hours with 1400+ on the B757 and another 700 ERJ "EFIS" time.

Thanks

RandyBMC
07-30-2008, 07:00 PM
I applied and received a similar email, straight away, like it was automated. I also applied to the Airbus jobs, and did not receive a similar email - or anything for that matter.

There are several spots on the Etihad site when applying that don't really work if you have an FAA ATP instead of the JAR license, and our logbook page is a bit different too, so I can only imagine that it must kick back because of those issues.

I plan on going to the road show in Denver to check it out and let them know I very much want to work there - they are my first choice!

Randy

icedawg8
08-01-2008, 09:04 AM
what are their mins for hiring? Their website doesnt seem to work today

BoredwLife
08-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Depends on what position your applying for.

icedawg8
08-01-2008, 09:15 AM
do i have a chance as an FO with 1500, and 500 hours on emb 170

BoredwLife
08-01-2008, 09:17 AM
They will not budge on the 1000 jet/turbine. Something to do with flying in India from my understanding.

RawTriGuy
08-01-2008, 11:33 AM
I applied and received a similar email, straight away, like it was automated. I also applied to the Airbus jobs, and did not receive a similar email - or anything for that matter.

There are several spots on the Etihad site when applying that don't really work if you have an FAA ATP instead of the JAR license, and our logbook page is a bit different too, so I can only imagine that it must kick back because of those issues.

Randy,
Exactly the same experiance for the B777 position, I am guessing that it is a computer issue. I also applied for the A330 FO as well and have heard nothing, and no status on the Eithad website no email, my girlfriend an Airbus driver also applied for the A330 FO position and her application shows pending when she logs into her account.

Only time will till but I can't imagine that they would put a qualified Boeing guy into an Airbus if they need Boeing drivers. We shall see.

I will be the Phoenix roadshow...

Frank Rizzo
08-03-2008, 01:04 PM
I applied about 2 weeks ago (for 3 different positions) and haven't heard anything except an automated reply stating they have received my application.

Skyone
08-05-2008, 09:02 AM
I applied about 2 weeks ago (for 3 different positions) and haven't heard anything except an automated reply stating they have received my application.

Frankie,
If that AVATAR is accurate, it would appear you have a pretty chushy job right now. You sure you want come here with the rest of the desert rat mercenaries? I'm not at Etihad, but just up the road from them. Nothing personal, just curious.

Nortonious
08-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Captain Jihad.... Yikes!:eek:

IronWalt
08-05-2008, 02:37 PM
I one small insignificant question. One that NO ONE seems to care about.

Besides being allowed to move to the other side of the world away from home and family to produce revenue for this company, what is in it for the pilot who is recruited.

In other words, HOW MUCH DO THEY PAY AND WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS.

Does anyone care about this anymore???

BoredwLife
08-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I one small insignificant question. One that NO ONE seems to care about.

Besides being allowed to move to the other side of the world away from home and family to produce revenue for this company, what is in it for the pilot who is recruited.

In other words, HOW MUCH DO THEY PAY AND WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS.

Does anyone care about this anymore???

Here is is for an Fo straight off the website.

Salary & Benefits: Starting salary of AED 25480 or US$ 6925 per month for First officers and an annual salary increment of AED 500 per month.
Flight duty allowance of AED 40 per flying hour.
Meal allowance during layovers as per the following rates:
-Middle East/ GCC/ Sub Continent AED 12 per hour
-Asia/ Far East AED 15 per hour
-Africa/ Australasia AED 18 per hour
-Europe/ Americas AED 23 per hour
Benefits:
Housing allowance up to AED 160000 per year.
(Or)
Company provided housing depending on availability.
(Or)
The opportunity to take advantage of our innovative "Rent to Buy" house purchase programme.
Education allowance of AED 30000 for primary and AED 42000 for secondary up to 4 children from the ages of 4 up to 19 years old.
Income protection scheme. 42 Days annual leave.
Staff travel benefits.
End of service benefits.
Accidental and life insurance benefits.
The above is subject to change without prior notice.

PILOTGUY
08-06-2008, 09:49 AM
I have read a lot of post on here about Dubai. Is there anyone currently working at Etihad that can shed a little more light on flying there and life in Abu Dhabi?? It would be nice to make a more "educated" comparison. Thanks.

Tirol1
08-10-2008, 12:31 PM
how can I find the location of the Etihad roadshow in Miami? or any other for that matter. Thank you for your post. Theo

Flyby1206
08-10-2008, 01:27 PM
how can I find the location of the Etihad roadshow in Miami? or any other for that matter. Thank you for your post. Theo

ETIHAD Airways | News | Detail (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/News/Description.aspx?NEWS_ID=22)

Rascal
08-11-2008, 02:50 PM
I am just about done with the application except the logbook part where they want a "copy of a stamped logbook". I am assuming that's a logbook stamped by the CP? Thanks.

RandyBMC
08-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Did anyone attend the New York show yesterday?

How did it go?

Thanks!
Randy

BoredwLife
08-17-2008, 12:09 PM
I heard do not waste your time unless you have an ATP, a Type rating on something they fly and at least 500 hours on type. If not your basicly told "call us when you have 500 time on type."

cl601pilot
08-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Seems that they forgot to mention that small fact on their web site.

roger
08-17-2008, 09:54 PM
I went to roadshow in NYC recently and yes, don't waste your time unless you are typed in an aircraft they currently fly. Company rep said they have had no problem finding people over the past year and a half who are typed in their aircraft. If you are, I would recommend going as the presentation was very well done and I was impressed with Etihad and where they are going. Good luck...

LR45DRIVER
08-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Seems that they forgot to mention that small fact on their web site.

Agreed. Why waste people's time of going there to find that out. Real class.

Frank Bama
08-18-2008, 08:05 PM
You have to be kidding me. Your looking for a job and you can't even be bothered to look up the airline and see if you met the time's. Post #28 even gave you the web site. I have been there and it was very well done. I thought it had allot of class. BEFORE you go to any road show maybe you should spend a little time and see you fit the requirements

BoredwLife
08-18-2008, 10:07 PM
You have to be kidding me. Your looking for a job and you can't even be bothered to look up the airline and see if you met the time's. Post #28 even gave you the web site. I have been there and it was very well done. I thought it had allot of class. BEFORE you go to any road show maybe you should spend a little time and see you fit the requirements

Did you happen to read the posting for the jobs or just look and the nicely built site and pretty graphics?

No where does it say 500 hours on type required. It only says Type Rating perferred. Not required.

DWN3GRN
08-18-2008, 10:33 PM
I went to roadshow in NYC recently and yes, don't waste your time unless you are typed in an aircraft they currently fly. Company rep said they have had no problem finding people over the past year and a half who are typed in their aircraft. If you are, I would recommend going as the presentation was very well done and I was impressed with Etihad and where they are going. Good luck...

Im planning on going to the MIA roadshow. You mentioned having a type would be a shoe in. The application is for the 777, I don't have the 777 but have the 737 type with about 1500hrs. on the -800. I hope this helps. Any thoughts? Thanks (Fingers Crossed)

BoredwLife
08-18-2008, 10:43 PM
The time on the 737 might help but Im not sure about how much they are hurting for Rated 777 pilots. Its worth a shot.

DWN3GRN
08-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah what the heck, gonna give it a go. I did hear they might or have ordered 73's, not sure how true it is.

Oh btw, Tropical Storm Fay wasnt S%*t! a few wind gusts, and some drizzling rain.

BoredwLife
08-19-2008, 08:04 AM
There are no orders for 737's. on the boeing side: 35 787's with 10 options and 10 777-300ER's with 5 options.

Fly Dubai is a new start up carrier that will be fly 737's.

saviboy
08-21-2008, 08:14 AM
flydubai : Our People (http://flydubai.com/people.asp)

chicken
08-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Why is it so important for candidates to have time in type? When compared to US hiring, you can get hired without any time in any aircraft they operate.

BoredwLife
08-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Why is it so important for candidates to have time in type? When compared to US hiring, you can get hired without any time in any aircraft they operate.

Because right now there is enough peolpe with time on type to require it.

eyeinthesky
08-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Are they hard on the 500 in type? Think I will reach furlough with 430.

Thedude
08-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Because right now there is enough peolpe with time on type to require it.

Or at least they think so.
A certain mid-east carrier that I know of was/is looking for current and qualified pilots on a certain airframe. Well, that class happens to consist of 4 out of 4 Capts that have ZERO experience on that aircraft 3 out of 4 f/os with ZERO experience and 1 out of 4 f/es with Zero on type while they continue to advertise for current and quailified crews.
Sometimes (or a lot of times) the people that actually do the hiring and the people that review the resumes are at a complete disconnect and are clueless as to what the supply of the market really is.

KoruPilot
08-22-2008, 01:55 PM
I'd wonder just how many B777 pilots are being furloughed. Isn't that a fairly senior seat at the US carriers.

I know of a couple of airlines looking to hire only B744 rated pilots, but they are not getting them. It could be because NCA and KAL are taking them all, or it could be as I mentioned previous.

Curious as to what people think (or know)here.

PILOTGUY
08-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Are they hard on the 500 in type? Think I will reach furlough with 430.

If you can get to the road show, you should go.

saviboy
08-25-2008, 05:08 PM
If you can get to the road show, you should go.

is it necessary to stay during the whole duration of the presentation (10 to 6pm)
I plan to come at opening and stay a couple of hours. is that enough?
whats the timetable like?

thanks

BoredwLife
08-25-2008, 05:13 PM
No it is not. Show up 15 minutes before 10am. I was done by about 11:30.

BoredwLife
08-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Here’s the snapshot. No interviews until January for classes in late January early February for Direct entry FO's. Direct entry Captains most likely won't hear anything for interviews until after April. There are not any opportunities for non-type rated applicants in the foreseeable future.

For the guys out there with a SIC Type, I over heard the Recruiter say at this time it isn't considered a type for them but they are looking into options like still taking people but requiring you to be bonded for the type rating. Unknown at this time.

saviboy
08-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Here’s the snapshot. No interviews until January for classes in late January early February for Direct entry FO's. Direct entry Captains most likely won't hear anything for interviews until after April. There are not any opportunities for non-type rated applicants in the foreseeable future.

For the guys out there with a SIC Type, I over heard the Recruiter say at this time it isn't considered a type for them but they are looking into options like still taking people but requiring you to be bonded for the type rating. Unknown at this time.

thanks
a lot

RandyBMC
08-25-2008, 06:36 PM
We were told differently. There were guys in the Denver road show that got interviews in October and November. The DEC guys from Frontier were told to get ready for an interview in December.

Maybe they filled up all the slots with prior road shows?

I can confirm they are not taking non-type rated guys, which bummed me out as a guppy guy. I'm trying to get my type now ASAP in the A320.

I was impressed (even after reading everything on pprune) with the road show, Abu Dhabi, and Etihad. I am seriously thinking this is my first choice. I am short listed for an interview at Emirates as well, but the delays from Boeing and Airbus have moved their interviews back to November, so it may have worked out.

I know the ME is not for everyone, so I would make sure if you have a family that is really what you want. If so, I think Etihad has a lot of potential. As a newer airline, they certainly have had teething problems, which are to be expected, but I truly think they are trying to do the right thing with the package - even housing.

Feel free to email me with any questions - I'd be happy to try to help.

Randy Webb
[email protected]

saviboy
08-26-2008, 02:08 AM
We were told differently. There were guys in the Denver road show that got interviews in October and November. The DEC guys from Frontier were told to get ready for an interview in December.

I can confirm they are not taking non-type rated guys, which bummed me out as a guppy guy. I'm trying to get my type now ASAP in the A320.

I was impressed (even after reading everything on pprune) with the road show, Abu Dhabi, and Etihad. I am seriously thinking this is my first choice. I am short listed for an interview at Emirates as well, but the delays from Boeing and Airbus have moved their interviews back to November, so it may have worked out.

I know the ME is not for everyone, so I would make sure if you have a family that is really what you want. If so, I think Etihad has a lot of potential. As a newer airline, they certainly have had teething problems, which are to be expected, but I truly think they are trying to do the right thing with the package - even housing.

Randy Webb
[email protected]

Sorry to hear you could not qualify for an interview.
You want to get a 320 type rating but I thought EY wanted 500 on type. don't they.

Good luck with EK, not such a bad company either.

fly4funA319
08-26-2008, 08:19 AM
What about the benefits package? Same as published in their website? Housing? Any previews of the homes they are providing Captains with families?

Would appreciate any information on these issues..

BoredwLife
08-26-2008, 08:31 AM
The housing options change constantly. One month they are nice homes out in the middle of the desert. The next month they might be 3 bedroom apartments near downtown. Right now it is just whatever they can get there hands on.

I was told directly by Captain Jihad that they preferred 500 on type but that they were willing to look at furloughed pilots without the option of getting more time as long as they had at least 200 on type and a decent amount of other jet time. As I understand it if you just have the type and no time its the same as not having the type at all. You might want to verify that before wasting you money on a type without the opportunity to get actual time on type.

I was at the PHX road show and from what I can tell, yes they filled all interview slots until January. Earlier road shows filled the slots they had.

bubi352
08-26-2008, 12:17 PM

Randy Webb
[email protected]

You might consider FlyDubai on the 737. I believe it is the new LLC scheme of Emirates.

fly4funA319
08-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Being in Southamerica, and with a tide shedule, I have not been able to attend any of roadshows in the States. I have been thinking of sending my wife in my representation to the Miami roadshow this weekend. Does anybody know if Etihad would let her in, attend the roadshow, and give in the paperwork they require?

BoredwLife
08-26-2008, 04:09 PM
They would allow her to view the presentation but I doubt they would want her bringing your paper work in. Also they don't have any paperwork to give you. It is all done online.

fly4funA319
08-27-2008, 07:56 AM
Thanks BoredwLife..

I think it's worth the trip to just see the presentation.

I have a few questions regarding the online application..where do you think I could get my answers? I posted a thread with questions, but it seems that nobody has the answers..

BoredwLife
08-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Check the other thread. I gave you my opinions. Hope it helps.

fly4funA319
08-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks again BoredwLife..Your info helped me quite a bit with the application!

THolmes
08-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Does anyone have an idea of what to expect for the training at Etihad? Also, what's the sim ride like??

BoredwLife
08-28-2008, 11:00 AM
If your typed it takes 2 months if your not its 3 months.

Sim consists of 2 engine T.O. Engine failure, single engine raw data ILS. Not sure if they still require the auto thrust off. All done on the A330 sim unless your going for boeing then its done on the 777.