Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Emirates Interview Cancelled

aviationdrvr
07-22-2008, 04:36 AM
I had an interview scheduled in August and just recieved an email from them stating my interview is cancelled at this time due to economic and staffing reasons. Very disappointing.

SKMarz
07-22-2008, 05:19 AM
I received the same e-mail, cancelling my interview in September. Funny, they had just sent information regarding travel just a few days ago. How quickly this industry shifts. Oh well, after everything I recently read about what they are passing off as housing, perhaps it is for the best.

Gromgutten
07-22-2008, 08:35 AM
I interviewed in June, and got my e-mail yesterday offering me the job.
I was put in the pool, and told to expect a class in the first quarter of next year. I don't think they are stopping the hiring, but rather taking a pause until they catch up. Sit tight...

Thedude
07-22-2008, 10:45 AM
I sent a quick email to verify my interview date that I have had scheduled since May. Mine has also been cancelled.

Stuka 242
07-22-2008, 04:22 PM
interviewed 12 weeks ago. emailed them. they sent me a mail back saying that I am still being reviewed and to be patient. , no reference check yet.....:( does not look good. just don't get it that it takes them 12 weeks to send me my thanks, but no thanks mail. I guess they are really busy. good luck to you all.