Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Horizon Open Time

LavChange
09-18-2008, 07:25 AM
There is a lot of open time to be picked up on FDDS these days (on the crj anyway). Just a friendly reminder that Horizon has decided to furlough some of our fellow pilots at the same time. I strongly recommend that you think twice before picking up overtime until the furloughs are brought back or rescinded.

The Dude Abides
09-18-2008, 07:50 AM
There is a lot of open time to be picked up on FDDS these days (on the crj anyway). Just a friendly reminder that Horizon has decided to furlough some of our fellow pilots at the same time. I strongly recommend that you think twice before picking up overtime until the furloughs are brought back or rescinded.

I agree. However, no one is currently furloughed. Nobody is slated to be furloughed this bid either. I say if you want to pick up open time this bid go for it, once the first furlough hits then stop.

BoredwLife
09-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Dude I disagree. Make them feel the diffrence a bid early and maybe they will rescind some of the furloughs.

LavChange
09-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Dude I disagree. Make them feel the diffrence a bid early and maybe they will rescind some of the furloughs.

I ^ agree, don't give fuel to the fire.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1