Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Trans States in the spot light...

LOW FUEL
09-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Pilots charged with public intoxication (http://www.thedailytimes.com/article/20080927/BREAKING/809279982)

HercDriver130
09-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Well not the sort of attention you want ...... I wonder if they will lose their jobs....

BURflyer
09-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Trans who?

threegreen
09-28-2008, 04:43 PM
these guys are smart...there are ppl getting furloughed and they are out getting drunk. fantastic!!!

Superdad
09-28-2008, 05:00 PM
these guys are smart...there are ppl getting furloughed and they are out getting drunk. fantastic!!!

Yeah because nobody ever gets drunk on an overnight.

I am not defending them, but lets not be completely ridiculous.

Oskeewowow
09-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Supposedly the Captain was a check airman

250 or point 65
09-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Trans who?

Instead of saying "Furloughed" under your name, why don't you just put GoJet FO? Then everyone will know exactly who something like the trash you just wrote came from.

rickdb
09-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Even though they are probably going to lose their jobs, it is hilarious that one of them was mooning traffic.

flyerfly
09-28-2008, 06:45 PM
He is a check airman. When I was at TSA I had the privilege to fly with Jeff quite a bit. He's a good respectable guy and everyone at the company that I knew liked Jeff. Everyone makes mistakes.

And BURflyer if you really work for GoJet....your a scab. One I like to peel off my knee. If not...my apologies.

Pilotpip
09-28-2008, 06:55 PM
He does, but the only way anybody will feel any sympathy for him is keeping "furlough" in the name area.

Have fun hiding that ID and using those United Crew tags.

rickdb
09-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Why are GoJet pilots considered SCABs? Did they cross a picket line?

BURflyer
09-28-2008, 06:59 PM
He is a check airman. When I was at TSA I had the privilege to fly with Jeff quite a bit. He's a good respectable guy and everyone at the company that I knew liked Jeff. Everyone makes mistakes.

And BURflyer if you really work for GoJet....your a scab. One I like to peel off my knee. If not...my apologies.

uhh ok, no one gave us any memo of a strike going on on but ok... Anyone have any mugshots?

BURflyer
09-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Why are GoJet pilots considered SCABs? \

They're not, just one too many posts on APC, do a search.

jaded
09-28-2008, 07:04 PM
uhh ok, no one gave us any memo of a strike going on on but ok... Anyone have any mugshots?

So why don't you put GOJet FO under your position so you're not a disgrace to the real waterskiiers that are furloughed.

BURflyer
09-28-2008, 07:10 PM
So why don't you put GOJet FO under your position so you're not a disgrace to the real waterskiiers that are furloughed.

Please, there's a whole bunch of F'ed TSA in GJ classes and up coming classes scheduled till DEC. Besides it's TSA's flying right???:rolleyes: It's mainline flying and this is the regionals. At least we're not contract workers used to furlough mainline Midwest pilots and force them out of their airplanes. Give me a break.

jaded
09-28-2008, 07:20 PM
So why don't you answer my question? There are other places hiring out there... you don't think it's wrong that GJ is hiring while your brothers at TSA are getting furloughed?

Pilotpip
09-28-2008, 07:27 PM
And before you try and throw RAH in there, our union is fighting the company to protect our CBA and actually working with the Midwest MEC.

In the mean time, enjoy working with one of the worst contract for Hulas' second-string.

todd1200
09-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Again? Why does this happen to every thread?

willflyforcash
09-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Hahaha...oooo, whats that word... IRONY!

A TSAer calling a GoJetter a [email protected]!

How bout the fact that TSA is willingly violating Eagle's scope by doing the MIA flying. Its just as bad! Of course it is not the individual pilot's faults per se, but it is terrible that your MEC is accepting this flying. Their response to your company should have been "HELL NO! We will not do flying that violates another MEC's CBA."

That flying is potentially struck flying. Unfortunately, we have a no strike clause in our contract and unlike the company, we are actually abiding by it.

paxhauler85
09-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah because nobody ever gets drunk on an overnight.

I thought that's why we had overnights.

jaded
09-28-2008, 07:46 PM

How bout the fact that TSA is willingly violating Eagle's scope by doing the MIA flying. Its just as bad! Of course it is not the individual pilot's faults per se, but it is terrible that your MEC is accepting this flying. Their response to your company should have been "HELL NO! We will not do flying that violates another MEC's CBA."

That flying is potentially struck flying. Unfortunately, we have a no strike clause in our contract and unlike the company, we are actually abiding by it.

And who do you work for? And by that statement are you calling TSA pilots scabs? Do you not see the difference here?

flyerfly
09-28-2008, 07:51 PM

What are you Helen Keller?!?!?!?

JiffyLube
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Was not this post started as a druck'n overnight story? Now it is a GoJet bashing thread....

flyerfly
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM

You can't violate another regional airlines scope clause. It isn't an agreement between competing regionals.

flyerfly
09-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Was not this post started as a druck'n overnight story? Now it is a GoJet bashing thread....

Who knows? If GoJets would never have been formed these TSA guys would have been better off...what? what? I'm just saying.....

JiffyLube
09-28-2008, 07:58 PM
And before you try and throw RAH in there, our union is fighting the company to protect our CBA and actually working with the Midwest MEC.

In the mean time, enjoy working with one of the worst contract for Hulas' second-string.

And didn't the last TSA MEC VARS message say that the GoJet and TSA MECs are also working together, and the TSA MEC supports the current GoJet IBT Leaders?

Stick with the ORGINAL POST.... Drunck'n Pilots!!!

JayHub
09-28-2008, 07:59 PM
OI, any of you ex TSA guys that are in a GOJET class good riddance. You obviously never had the minerals to be a true waterskier.

JiffyLube
09-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Who knows? If GoJets would never have been formed these TSA guys would have been better off...what? what? I'm just saying.....

There is an airline called GoJets?? GOJET... no s. Atleast research the company you bash...

flyerfly
09-28-2008, 08:18 PM
There is an airline called GoJets?? GOJET... no s. Atleast research the company you bash...

I used to work for Trans States I think I know who GoJets are. I carry the sticker proudly on my chart case....the extra S stands for Scab.

ImEbee
09-28-2008, 08:28 PM

And why is it whenever GoJet comes up you jump into the fray :confused:

I just think its irritating that it is always "Drunk pilots moon traffic" instead of "Drunk idiots moon traffic". Does that put us in the same league as sports and movie stars?

TBucket
09-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah, it's a shame that this happened... Just goes to show ya that if you're not careful, all it takes is one slip up and you're done... Happens even to good guys like this.... (Why, oh why can't it be gojets pilots! The fun we would have with that!)

flynavyj
09-28-2008, 09:25 PM
And why is it whenever GoJet comes up you jump into the fray :confused:

I just think its irritating that it is always "Drunk pilots moon traffic" instead of "Drunk idiots moon traffic". Does that put us in the same league as sports and movie stars?

Same league, different pay, worse work rules.

250 or point 65
09-29-2008, 02:36 AM
Ok, sorry guys that this thread turned on us. We don't need to start GoJet bashing (in this thread). I just thought that it is important to note where the "Trans who?" he wrote was coming from. A bitter furloughee that went to GoJet. He's not a scab, but as soon as TSA strikes and that flying is transfered to GoJet, he will be. Just be patient guys!

On the Eagle note...you guys need to mix in a clue. You keep crying about us having your flying and your planes. Take a moment to think about how many guys you have on furlough. That hired help clause is the only thing holding mgmt back from furloughing half your staff. You don't want these planes back.

usmc-sgt
09-29-2008, 04:02 AM
I think we all know why this one is being closed. Thread about drunken pilot antics on an overnight turns into a scope and go jet war.