Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Etihad cadet pilot program.

sensesfail4049
10-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Anyone know anything about the Etihad cadet pilot program... is it worth the time to fill out at app, and how the airline treats their pilots, pay, living in Dubai? Thanks.

BoredwLife
10-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Etihad is not based out of Dubai. And unless your a UAE Citizen don't bother with the cadet program. You need a min of 500 hours on a type they fly with a type rating.

Evers
10-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Etihad is not based out of Dubai. And unless your a UAE Citizen don't bother with the cadet program. You need a min of 500 hours on a type they fly with a type rating.

not true. They have an international student cadet program now. 18 months of training then u have a 6 or 8 year contract with the airline. They are based out of Abu Dhabi. I have no idea how good or bad the course is however. If i was starting training now i would seriously consider it.

cargo hopeful
10-01-2008, 09:32 PM
check it out here:

http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/News/Description.aspx?NEWS_ID=24

BURflyer
10-02-2008, 03:40 PM
not true. They have an international student cadet program now. 18 months of training then u have a 6 or 8 year contract with the airline. They are based out of Abu Dhabi. I have no idea how good or bad the course is however. If i was starting training now i would seriously consider it.

They still haven't corrected the job info on their site. Only UAE are considered. Had a few guys I know apply and they were promptly rejected.