Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Lan Chile/Lan Cargo

ebuhoner
10-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Does anybody knows if this company is hiring american pilots? if so, what could be some competitive minimums? I live in Miami and I see a lot of those 767 around here.. thank you!

IQuitEagle
10-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Yes, LAN is hiring Americans. Got a call, but already have another job. They're looking for airline time, preferably with glass cockpit experience. And fluency in Spanish is a must. Supposedly opening MIA for US guys late this year.

mmaviator
10-17-2008, 10:32 AM
good operation? what kind of time are people getting hired with?

Bad-Andy
10-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Yes, LAN is hiring Americans. Got a call, but already have another job. They're looking for airline time, preferably with glass cockpit experience. And fluency in Spanish is a must. Supposedly opening MIA for US guys late this year.

How did you apply? I've been hunting everywhere for their application process. Just through the website? Thanks.

IQuitEagle
10-20-2008, 08:15 PM
You must go to a job fair where they are at. Or have someone already there walk your stuff in. Then if they are interested, they'll call you.

capto
10-22-2008, 03:10 PM
supposly they'll be at the aeroservice job fair on october 25
Aeroservice Career Fair (http://www.aeroservice.com/fair.htm)

fly4funA319
10-27-2008, 08:18 AM
supposly they'll be at the aeroservice job fair on october 25
Aeroservice Career Fair (http://www.aeroservice.com/fair.htm)

Did anyone attend the job fair in Miami? Are they really opening a pilot base in MIA or they will just let you live in MIA and communte to a Southamerican base? What else did they say in the fair? Pay? Requirements? Shedule?

Elcapiperu
12-20-2008, 03:28 AM
Any more info on this?

papacharlie
12-22-2008, 06:49 PM
they have only a couple americans, but they hire in santiago de chile and you need to have chilean licenses. Thats all I know, my best friend flies 767 for them and he got the job with only 300tt but he had to get the chilean licenses.I applied throught him but it seems like they want chilean pilots, but when they dont have enough then they call.
to get their licenses takes around 4 months and you need to get a working visa before applying.it is possible but hard.