Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Etihad interview

F9niner
10-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Any good books to read up on before the interview?? Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

embflieger
10-22-2008, 05:11 PM
How long after you applied did they call you? What sort of numbers did you have? I've got a bus type and a couple hundred hours in it, I'm just trying to figure out whom they're calling. FWIW, the AIM and Airline Pilot Technical Interviews have worked pretty well for most guys I know. There wasn't anything at the United interview (I passed, unfortunately) I went to that wasn't in there, except for the obvious, "Tell me about a time. . ." story. And given the way US airlines steal each other's interviews, I suspect it wouldn't be too different from the one at Emirates.

F9niner
10-23-2008, 06:05 AM
I am actually "the spouse" : ) I know that my husband went to the road show here in Denver back in August. He does has over 11,000 TT with 1,050 airbus.... I did order the Airline Pilot Tech interview book off of Amazon for him *he is currently furloughed working another job* so I get to help him out by gathering as much info as I can for him.
Thanks!

Brickhouse
10-23-2008, 07:04 AM
When is your husband's interview? I'm heading over this weekend.

BoredwLife
10-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Embfliger,

Most interviews from now until spring have all been set up with people who attended the roadshow. SO basicly if you didn't make it I wouldn't expect much of a call for quite awhile.

F9niner
10-23-2008, 05:35 PM
When is your husband's interview? I'm heading over this weekend.
It is the first week of November.

embflieger
10-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Embfliger,

Most interviews from now until spring have all been set up with people who attended the roadshow. SO basicly if you didn't make it I wouldn't expect much of a call for quite awhile.

How do you say "dammit!" in Arabic? Maybe if I learn they'll lemme go. I was all set to learn a couple African dialects, but Arik stopped hiring. Dammit.

BoredwLife
10-24-2008, 08:39 AM
How do you say "dammit!" in Arabic? Maybe if I learn they'll lemme go. I was all set to learn a couple African dialects, but Arik stopped hiring. Dammit.

Yeah i went to the roadshow and was told that my time on the Q400 didn't count and that it had to be jet time. Was also told that they really wanted to interview me but that they couldn't bypass the jet requirement. There were more words that Damnit that I wish that I knew in Arabic.

BoredwLife
10-24-2008, 03:45 PM
F9 check your pms.

F9niner
10-24-2008, 06:04 PM
F9 check your pms.
Got it, Thanks! :p

the turtle
10-25-2008, 12:26 AM
start with "inshallah," Dave.

Moondog
10-30-2008, 07:08 AM
start with "inshallah," Dave.

Thats actually "insh Allah"(sp);)

B757200ER
10-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah i went to the roadshow and was told that my time on the Q400 didn't count and that it had to be jet time. Was also told that they really wanted to interview me but that they couldn't bypass the jet requirement. There were more words that Damnit that I wish that I knew in Arabic.

Don't give up; supply and demand, you know?

I once tried the 'persistence works' approach, but got the old IBM response in return.

arlnepilot
11-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Could anyone who has interviewed shed some light on what was asked at the interview, and what the sim profile was like? Thanks in advance.

RemoveB4flght
11-26-2008, 05:12 PM
If you have a pprune account, the interview is discussed ad nauseum... it's a multi day process consisting of a technical exam, english proficiency test, psychometric evaluation, group exercise, personal interview, etc. The sim is conducted in a 330, with a engine failure on departure leading to a no-automation, purely raw data single engine ILS to minimums.

arlnepilot
11-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Thank you for the quick response. Not sure what a pprune account is? Could you go into some detail as to the technical questions, questions asked in the personal interview, and group exercise? Thank you again I appreciate it.

By the way, are you working there now?

If you have a pprune account, the interview is discussed ad nauseum... it's a multi day process consisting of a technical exam, english proficiency test, psychometric evaluation, group exercise, personal interview, etc. The sim is conducted in a 330, with a engine failure on departure leading to a no-automation, purely raw data single engine ILS to minimums.

CaptainCarl
11-27-2008, 05:47 AM

Funny. They told me the something similar about my ERJ time, except it sounded a little more like this, "Oh, I'm sorry, we are only looking for typed pilots right now. Better luck next time." Wish they had said that before I wasted a day going to their roadshow.

:rolleyes: Oh well... there's always India! :o

CaptainCarl
11-27-2008, 05:49 AM
Thank you for the quick response. Not sure what a pprune account is? Could you go into some detail as to the technical questions, questions asked in the personal interview, and group exercise? Thank you again I appreciate it.

By the way, are you working there now?

I wish you all the luck in getting on with Etihad, especially since you are slaving way for old Hulas at GoJet.

arlnepilot
11-27-2008, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the luck Carl I appreciate it, but I'm furloughed ATA Airlines with 10 years of L-1011, B-757, B-737 time, not to mention tons of extended over water, and international experience.

I wish you all the luck in getting on with Etihad, especially since you are slaving way for old Hulas at GoJet.

CaptainCarl
11-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the luck Carl I appreciate it, but I'm furloughed ATA Airlines with 10 years of L-1011, B-757, B-737 time, not to mention tons of extended over water, and international experience.

I believe it. Don't worry, I am genuinely hoping you can break away from Hulas ASAP. :D

arlnepilot
11-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I believe it. Don't worry, I am genuinely hoping you can break away from Hulas ASAP. :D

Thanks brother, I appreciate it, and I'm hoping you make it out as well.

BoredwLife
11-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Funny. They told me the something similar about my ERJ time, except it sounded a little more like this, "Oh, I'm sorry, we are only looking for typed pilots right now. Better luck next time." Wish they had said that before I wasted a day going to their roadshow.

Yeah I even have the 320 type. :(

arlnepilot
11-28-2008, 12:50 PM
arlnepilot,

Your PM function doesn't work yet but I have some info for you if you're interested. I need an email or something.

Great, I appreciate it, you can e-mail me at
Thank you, and all the best.

BoredwLife
11-28-2008, 12:53 PM
self edit...

arlnepilot
11-28-2008, 12:57 PM
On the way.

Great thank you, will be looking for it.

Rook
12-01-2008, 06:43 PM
So...how bout those Etihad interviews.

RemoveB4flght
12-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Guys... take it to the regional forum...

NoWake200
12-02-2008, 12:05 PM

I am done..... and yes that is where it needs to be, in the "Regional" forum.

I was just trying to back a fellow ATA pilot from an unwarrantable attack durning these VERY difficult times.

arlnepilot
12-02-2008, 02:17 PM

Exactly, thank you.

vagabond
12-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Mod note:

Please try to stay on track. This thread is about Etihad interviews, not anything else. Posts about TSA, Gojet, ATA technically belong in Regional, but if they are flamebait or name calling, they will all be deleted also regardless of where they are posted. Thanks for your cooperation.

arlnepilot
12-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Thank you.

EZBW
05-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Has anyone interviewed at Etihad recently? (777) plz pm.
Thanks

RemoveB4flght
05-19-2012, 05:07 PM
It's been a few years, but talking to a new hire I ran into the other day, the interview format hasn't changed that much