Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

ehe2
02-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Does anyone still have a copy of the memo to Trans States Pilots threatening the use of the Death Penalty for interfering with the alterEGO radio transmissions?? If so please scan and post here!!!

flynavyj
02-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Well that's an old memo....Pretty sure i through it away, i wonder if it's on file anywhere. Why ya asking?

ehe2
02-24-2009, 08:42 AM
If I remember correctly, we were so miffed off that we wadded them up and trashed the crew room. Therefore, not many of us have a copy. With all that has transpired that memo may be of value, that's all. It's not in the read file anywhere....

DryMotorBoatin
02-24-2009, 12:02 PM
i heard RZ still favors hangings.

TBucket
02-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Someone really should have a framed copy hanging somewhere...

CaptainCarl
02-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Hahaha... Did you guys notice the "Ads by Google"?

Quote:
Death Penalty
Most executions take place in 10 countries. (and one airline :p)

Death Penalty
Join The Force. Make a Difference. Get Started At The Univ Of Phoenix!

:D Yes! If I join Univ of Phoenix, I can join the Death Penalty force! Sounds like RZ's super elite memo-writing squad...

stoki
02-25-2009, 07:25 AM
What type of radio transmissions are we talking here? Lets here a few examples. :D

johnso29
02-25-2009, 08:18 AM
What type of radio transmissions are we talking here? Lets here a few examples. :D

I believe when GoJets first started operating there were unidentified;) pilots intentionally blocking transmissions intended for or transmitted by GoJets pilots.

DublinFlyer
02-25-2009, 08:39 AM
I believe when GoJets first started operating there were unidentified;) pilots intentionally blocking transmissions intended for or transmitted by GoJets pilots.

I just love it when someone on the radio is like "Sure we'll follow the limpturd to xxxx." Gets me going every time.

I think blocking radio calls is stupid though (especially on busy freqs) because it ties up the frequency and frustrates the controller.

DENpilot
02-25-2009, 08:48 AM
I think blocking radio calls is stupid though (especially on busy freqs) because it ties up the frequency and frustrates the controller.

It's just plain dangerous and stupid. Anyone who intentionally blocks radio transmissions should be subject to FAA action against their licenses. We're there to be safe and act professional.

Positive_Rate
02-25-2009, 08:57 AM
What about on Ops frequencies? Some lim-turd got real ****y the other day when he couldn't get a word in on the IAD frequency. "Wah wah wah I want my potable water wah wah wah!"

Herbie
02-25-2009, 09:04 AM
What about on Ops frequencies? Some lim-turd got real ****y the other day when he couldn't get a word in on the IAD frequency. "Wah wah wah I want my potable water wah wah wah!"

Well, I guess he was thirsty. But then he should have requested a lav service if he was thirsty.
:rolleyes:

Positive_Rate
02-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Yep. The lav works, too. The goat he usually drinks from was dry, and I don't mean goat's milk.

rotorhead1026
02-25-2009, 09:07 AM

Okay, years ago some USAIr (my airline, I'm not pickin' on 'em) guys got caught blocking some EAL transmissions on ground control during the strike. FAA and FCC were able to match ATC recordings with radio tone outputs after tracking the airplanes down. The problem had gotten bad enough at some stations that this was worth the agencies' while. What I'm getting at is that there is a small but finite chance of getting caught, and if you get fired for such a thing your career is toast even after you (eventually) get your licenses back. It's not worth it.

No, it wasn't me. :)

Purpleanga
02-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Okay, years ago some USAIr (my airline, I'm not pickin' on 'em) guys got caught blocking some EAL transmissions on ground control during the strike. FAA and FCC were able to match ATC recordings with radio tone outputs after tracking the airplanes down. The problem had gotten bad enough at some stations that this was worth the agencies' while. What I'm getting at is that there is a small but finite chance of getting caught, and if you get fired for such a thing your career is toast even after you (eventually) get your licenses back. It's not worth it.

No, it wasn't me. :)

How would they prove that you intentionally did it? The only time I've heard GJ stepped on pretty badly where on ops frequencies. But yea ATC can never know if it was intentional.

TBucket
02-25-2009, 09:16 AM

I think I heard that guy... They told him they were out, and he demanded that they go get some for him from "the international flights"...

Herbie
02-25-2009, 09:31 AM
No, thats just where they need to send his overnight bag, over to the international flights. I remember hearing that happening in Chicago right after the GoJ came into service.
:)

JoeyMeatballs
02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
you could always use a hand held to block them........can't trace that.

I have only heard them blocked on the ground when picking up a clearance or on OPS, not fair to aggravate the Controller's for the garbage that is GoJets pilots

Positive_Rate
02-25-2009, 12:12 PM
No, thats just where they need to send his overnight bag, over to the international flights. I remember hearing that happening in Chicago right after the GoJ came into service.
:)

Right on! That's why the GJ pilots don't have tags that say "GoJet Flight Crew" or whatever like every other airline in existence, GJ uses "United Crew" tags...hmmmm! Story goes, right after GJ's inception, the ramp crews were loyal to TSA and since GJ's crew bags have to be stowed with the carry-ons in the forward cargon bin, rampers would pull the GJ crew's bags and send them to bag claim or on to a connecting flight somewhere. Oh, how sweet it is!

pause
02-25-2009, 02:41 PM
TSA..."raising the bar" :rolleyes:

Pilotpip
02-25-2009, 02:46 PM
TSA..."raising the bar" :rolleyes:

That was knocked on the floor by blowjet.

Purpleanga
02-25-2009, 03:05 PM
How many airplanes are still flying for AA? What's the total fleet count right now?

CaptainCarl
02-25-2009, 04:33 PM
How many airplanes are still flying for AA? What's the total fleet count right now?

If my calculations are correct, we should be hovering around 39 aircraft. I have no idea how they are split between UAL, AA, and USAir. :confused: If I had to guess, I would say 30, 6, and 3, respectively.

Purpleanga
02-25-2009, 06:35 PM
If my calculations are correct, we should be hovering around 39 aircraft. I have no idea how they are split between UAL, AA, and USAir. :confused: If I had to guess, I would say 30, 6, and 3, respectively.

Well on APC it went down to 35 airplanes. I read that they might even go into the high 20s? I thought we only had like 15 AA planes. So yea it should be around 35 unless we're losing UA planes.

BringDaFunk
02-25-2009, 06:46 PM
That was knocked on the floor by blowjet.

So stop crying and pick it up.I had a gf few years back....caught her with another guy, loved her-been over it for years-and actually we are friends on FB.

TBucket
02-25-2009, 07:58 PM
So stop crying and pick it up.I had a gf few years back....caught her with another guy, loved her-been over it for years-and actually we are friends on FB.

Hey, maybe she could apply at GJ... I hear they're hiring. Sounds like she's already got the character reference.

Flyboy8784
02-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Hey, maybe she could apply at GJ... I hear they're hiring. Sounds like she's already got the character reference.

ZING!!!!!!!! :D

ehe2
02-26-2009, 03:08 PM
When everything is said and done (AA gone by end of April) we will have 26 airplanes. We gave 10 to mexico, 4 lease returns, and the 10 eagle birds.
Freaking Awesome isn't it?

HOLD THE LINE!!!

ImEbee
02-26-2009, 08:27 PM
you could always use a hand held to block them........can't trace that.

I have only heard them blocked on the ground when picking up a clearance or on OPS, not fair to aggravate the Controller's for the garbage that is GoJets pilots

PLEASE tell me you don't carry a handheld in your kit :eek::D

mking84
02-27-2009, 08:15 AM
So back to the thread topic. Where is the memo?

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1