Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

rjjunkie
05-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey any skiers have any insight on what is going on with ALPA or at least can better explain what the fastread was stating:

Trans States pilot leaders have received approval from ALPA President Capt. JP to conduct a strike authorization ballot of their membership. The decision to authorize the TSA MEC to call a strike now rests with the Trans States pilots, who join other groups, such as Spirit, in taking this action to reignite their stalled negotiations. The strike vote will open May 20 and close June 10. “We are anxious to take this next step in our effort to move our negotiations toward closure,” said Capt. J R, TSA MEC chairman. “Trans States management needs to understand that this pilot group is serious about taking whatever legal steps are necessary to attain a contract that recognizes the hard work and sacrifice that has allowed and continues to allow Trans States to weather this current economic downturn.”
TSA pilots have been in negotiations since February 2006. Even with the assistance of the National Mediation Board, the pilot negotiators have made little progress and have not reached a tentative agreement on any open sections since May 2008.
The Trans States MEC recently launched a pilot education campaign that includes the weekly publication,

Atreyu
05-09-2009, 01:39 PM
it's just a ballot. Not a strike. It's to see how unified the pilot group is on striking.

If it's 100% yes, we still need to get released. Also sends a message to management.

nicholasblonde
05-09-2009, 03:48 PM
It sent a message to our mgmt at 9E when we voted 99% for a strike--only problem is they deleted the message without reading it :D

But now with the new NMB looming on the horizon, our strike vote actually means something (we all know who we have to thank for that), so TSA mgmt might actually listen to your voice...

Purpleanga
05-09-2009, 04:09 PM
I just hope they don't transfer all the flying to Gojet while they're waiting to be released. At least that's what management was saying.

RuttR
05-09-2009, 06:03 PM
I just hope they don't transfer all the flying to Gojet while they're waiting to be released. At least that's what management was saying.

With what planes and with what pilots? There are some markets where only 50 seaters work and cant be replaced by 70 seaters.

Foxcow
05-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Not to mention the amount of training required.

Pilotpip
05-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Good luck guys. Bring an extra sign to the line for me, I'll be there with you.

andy171773
05-09-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm furloughed with not much to do..i'll put on my IDless uniform and strike with ya'll

best of luck TSAers

jaded
05-10-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm with another ALPA carrier and a former waterskier, would I get in trouble with my company if I wore my uniform to show support? I'm still on probation.

seafeye
05-10-2009, 10:15 AM

That is illegal according to the RLA. TSA's routes and airplanes are protected under the act. Now management can and will transfer airplanes and routes prior to the strike. That is why the judges enforce the cooling off period. Gotta protect your friends.

elcid79
05-10-2009, 12:08 PM
That is illegal according to the RLA. TSA's routes and airplanes are protected under the act. Now management can and will transfer airplanes and routes prior to the strike. That is why the judges enforce the cooling off period. Gotta protect your friends.

WRONG... They can after the cooling off period. Not before, They can do whatever they want with that flying it releases both sides of the house to self help. The company can hire new pilots, we can strike..

laxflier
05-11-2009, 07:00 AM
from our place to march as well... Keep up the fight, Waterskis....