Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Trans States Grounded ... again

Foxcow
07-02-2009, 04:47 PM
801-812 grounded due to non-compliance. There is a wire bundle that was supposed to be shortened, wrapped, and heat shrunk.

Does anyone else know about a 90 probationary period we are supposedly on?

JetPiedmont
07-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Is that the entire fleet? Your thread title makes it sound that way.

Foxcow
07-02-2009, 05:43 PM
About half of it.

Herb Flemmming
07-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Was it a AD?

eaglefly
07-02-2009, 06:22 PM
GROUNDED for "non-compliance" ?

Hmmm................:cool:

Probationary period........gee, I wonder what that's about ?

250 or point 65
07-02-2009, 06:28 PM
I actually heard this rumor and decided not to start a thread about it so that we wouldn't have to read eaglefly's BS.

Positive_Rate
07-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Is the 90 thing an FAA or UAL thing?

eaglefly
07-02-2009, 06:52 PM
I actually heard this rumor and decided not to start a thread about it so that we wouldn't have to read eaglefly's BS.

What BS ?

Someone ELSE apparently heard this "rumor" and chose to bring it out in the open instead of sweeping it under the rug. I assume he's a concerned TSA pilot.

BRAVO !................if he is.

Of course, I guess that's my fault as I'm your resident "bad guy" and not surprisingly, now I'M the villian. Yes, folks, the grounding of these aircraft was my fault. Apparently the FAA felt that I wasn't complying with something and grounded another carriers aircraft.

You're not going to demand that I research the facts of these groundings and report them to you, are you ?

Positive_Rate
07-02-2009, 06:58 PM
What BS ?

Someone ELSE apparently heard this "rumor" and chose to bring it out in the open instead of sweeping it under the rug. I assume he's a concerned TSA pilot.

Of course, I guess that's my fault as I'm your resident "bad guy" and not surprisingly, now I'M the villian. Yes, folks, the grounding of these aircraft was my fault. Apparently the FAA felt that I wasn't complying with something and grounded another carriers aircraft.

You're not going to demand that I research the facts of these groundings and report them to you, are you ?

Just stop now.

250 or point 65
07-02-2009, 07:07 PM
What BS ?

Well, this BS

We're gonna need a shovel.

eaglefly
07-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Just stop now.

Stop what ?

I haven't elaborated on this development, nor made fun of it. It's potentially serious. A 90-day FAA MTX prob period isn't to be taken lightly.

If I make an offensive post, report it to the moderator (I've been trying to contact one for well over a week, so maybe you'll have better luck.......IC ALL, are you out there ?). So far, I haven't crossed any lines other then to ask 2 questions and acknowledge anothers misguided comments based on negative personal feelings he has toward me.

Of course, perhaps you also want to silence those you dislike. Most places in the USA don't work that way, but hey, this IS APF and strange rules do seem to apply here.

Perhaps if you can convince APF that this thread should be deleted because it is something you'd rather not have out in public, you could try that too, but I'M not going to shoulder any blame for this subject.

eaglefly
07-02-2009, 07:13 PM
We're gonna need a shovel.

Why ?

Explain why eaglefly is the bad guy here. I didn't start the thread (although I could have). I'm sure there would be no problem for you if ANYONE else commented on it except me. For some reason, I don't have the same rights as others here, eh ?

Again.............please explain, especially since YOU fired the first shot at ME !

Purpleanga
07-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Don't feed the troll.

250 or point 65
07-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Again.............please explain, especially since YOU fired the first shot at ME !

Seems I'm not the only one who feels its self-explanatory. Drop it, I am.

eaglefly
07-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Seems I'm not the only one who feels its self-explanatory. Drop it, I am.

Thanx. I'll let others post more info if they so choose as I had no intention of commenting beyond my first post UNTIL you took a shot at me and christened me the bad guy. It's a worthy and serious subject and exactly the type of thing that someone should bring up on a forum like this.

I guarantee you, if something like this occurs at Eagle, I won't look the other way or advocate others do it. Unpleasant things are better faced square on.

undflyboy06
07-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Back on topic please. Is the 90 day probation true? If it is, was it given by the FAA or UAL?

newarkblows
07-02-2009, 08:44 PM
called a buddy at TSA to get some info. it is from the FAA apparently. It isnt the end of the world though. Most of the aircraft can be back up within a couple of hours barring any other maintenance that they will try and do in one shot. Most of the aircraft should be back up tomorrow at the latest.

undflyboy06
07-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the update newarkblows, and yes, it does :).

Foxcow
07-02-2009, 11:15 PM
MX said that it was a service bulletin that the Feds wanted us to comply with but did not.

What BS ?

Bingo. I wouldn't be so quick to attack Eaglefly as it is difficult to take criticism from elsewhere. I don't take it personally at all.

CaptainCarl
07-03-2009, 01:45 AM
So... why were the planes grounded again? And what exactly does a 90 probationary period mean? If TSA screws up in the next 90 days, are they going to yank the certificate?

Purpleanga
07-03-2009, 04:33 AM
If TSA screws up in the next 90 days, are they going to yank the certificate?

uh... yes.

rjjunkie
07-03-2009, 07:24 AM
So... why were the planes grounded again? And what exactly does a 90 probationary period mean? If TSA screws up in the next 90 days, are they going to yank the certificate?

meanwhile somewhere in "mesaland" 3 random freshly sanctioned mechanics are devising a plan. A plan on how they are going to break it to the mr. boss that the engine does not fit. How is mesa not having this problem as well ... "duct tape and chicken wire"
http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ezZ6PcSA-NA8SM:http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/2535409651_507bc38541.jpg?v=0 (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/2535409651_507bc38541.jpg?v=0)

Foxcow
07-03-2009, 09:27 AM

From what I have been hearing, its a probationary period for United. If we continue on with no improvement, United yanks our contract. Perhaps this is the real reason that Express Jet is poised to do a bunch of flying for United out of IAD and ORD.

flyboy626
07-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Express Jet is only flying til Aug. but it could change anytime

flyvne1971
07-03-2009, 12:31 PM
From what I have been hearing, its a probationary period for United. If we continue on with no improvement, United yanks our contract. Perhaps this is the real reason that Express Jet is poised to do a bunch of flying for United out of IAD and ORD.

This airline sh!t is such a soap opera. I read this stuff like my wife reads the gossip magazines… :o

rightside02
07-03-2009, 12:43 PM
This airline sh!t is such a soap opera. I read this stuff like my wife reads the gossip magazines… :o

The above is the BEST and truest thing I have ever read on most topics !!!!!!!!!!!!

CaptainCarl
07-03-2009, 02:31 PM
uh... yes.

:D After writing a whole lot of stuff in response to "uh... yes." I realized that I have been drinking tonight and APC is not the place for me to voice every random thought I have. Oh... d*mn. :o

Mason32
07-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Tried to tell you guys that this was coming months ago when the Eagle planes went in, and their mechanics called the Feds....

250 or point 65
07-03-2009, 05:16 PM
We tried to tell you guys that you didn't want the planes back because that would lead to furloughs...

Purpleanga
07-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Perhaps this is the real reason that Express Jet is poised to do a bunch of flying for United out of IAD and ORD.

UAX is Skywest,Mesa,TSA,RAH. It could also be that no one had the capacity to do this summer flying and probably competitively bid for it as well. It's worth 10 airplanes for XJET. Certainly TSA couldn't with the furloughs and loss of airplanes. Maybe Hulas will finally wake up and run this airline properly.

Foxcow
07-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Tried to tell you guys that this was coming months ago when the Eagle planes went in, and their mechanics called the Feds....

I can say that I expected the same. I never took it personally. The only person that should is the person that runs MX.

UAX is Skywest,Mesa,TSA,RAH. It could also be that no one had the capacity to do this summer flying and probably competitively bid for it as well. It's worth 10 airplanes for XJET. Certainly TSA couldn't with the furloughs and loss of airplanes. Maybe Hulas will finally wake up and run this airline properly.

You know how people say "never say never," well I'm saying they will never run the airline correctly. Ever. I wish I were wrong.

AirWillie
07-04-2009, 12:37 AM
These threads are pure entertainment. Will the feds shut TSA down now? What were the terms of the probation? Does anybody think this is a conspiracy by Hulas.:eek::eek::eek: In order to circumvent the current CBA to get around the pesky negotiation, I predict that he's going to start an alterego carrier and call it jetgoss and hire republic pseudo-scabs!!!

CaptainCarl
07-04-2009, 01:10 AM
These threads are pure entertainment. Will the feds shut TSA down now? What were the terms of the probation? Does anybody think this is a conspiracy by Hulas.:eek::eek: In order to circumvent the current CBA to get around the pesky negotiation, I predict that he's going to start an alterego carrier and call it jetgoss and hire republic pseudo-scabs!!!

^^^ And that ladies and gentlemen is what happens when you get dropped on your head as a child. ;)

DryMotorBoatin
07-04-2009, 04:13 AM
eaglefly=dean wormer.

tsa=animal house.

hulie waking up and running the airline correctly=funniest joke ive ever heard.

BIRDIE
07-04-2009, 04:44 AM
Sometimes the moon spins like a dancing cupcake across an open field of happy jelly beans.

pause
07-04-2009, 05:44 AM
These threads are pure entertainment. Will the feds shut TSA down now? What were the terms of the probation? Does anybody think this is a conspiracy by Hulas.:eek::eek::eek: In order to circumvent the current CBA to get around the pesky negotiation, I predict that he's going to start an alterego carrier and call it jetgoss and hire republic pseudo-scabs!!!

Oh, come on. You KNOW this is the fault of GoJet. We did this to mess with negotiations. Oh, I don't think I was supposed to disclose that information.

boilerpilot
07-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Oh, come on. You KNOW this is the fault of GoJet. We did this to mess with negotiations. Oh, I don't think I was supposed to disclose that information.

... Regardless of which side of the company you work for, if TSA shuts down, there's big problems. Even if goJet is viable by itself, your parent company having more than half of itself shutdown will almost certainly spell the end of both companies. While you may have separate web servers, everything else is either completely shared or separated by "this is your side of the office, this is mine".

And let's not forget the real issue here. TSA's mechanics are YOUR mechanics. Aside from the obvious fact that if TSA's MX gets shut down, your MX gets shut down, you should be concerned that if there are safety issues with TSA's airplanes, then perhaps there are safety issues with your airplanes.

And BESIDES all of these issues, you still sit there and mock the TSA pilots? You wonder why people have a problem with you guys, it's exactly because of attitudes like this.

BIRDIE
07-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Even if goJet is viable by itself, your parent company having more than half of itself shutdown will almost certainly spell the end of both companies.

This is a contradiction.

DryMotorBoatin
07-04-2009, 09:56 AM
pause=neidermeyer

i'm not so sure why im so set on making animal house comparisons but ill continue as i see appropriate. thank you.

Foxcow
07-04-2009, 10:05 AM
This is a contradiction.

Not according to the judge.

boilerpilot
07-04-2009, 10:51 AM
This is a contradiction.

I should have said "even if it is viable NOW". If you're kid is running a lemonade stand on the weekend that makes money, and you then lose your job, you don't have a property to put the stand in front of (GO), you don't have the money to afford cleaning supplies(MX), and you don't have the money for a storage center for the table during the week(hangers). Boom, no more lemonade stand.

tank6102
07-04-2009, 01:52 PM
TSA is not on probation from the feds....they are on probation with United due to their performance. and yes its just the trans states side of the two that is on probation.

AirWillie
07-04-2009, 04:38 PM
TSA is not on probation from the feds....they are on probation with United due to their performance. and yes its just the trans states side of the two that is on probation.

Why would tsa be on prob in the first place?

Foxcow
07-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Why would tsa be on prob in the first place?

Performance. Cancellations due mx and lack of crews. I would assume that the lack of ACARS in half of our fleet has something to do with it.

flyvne1971
07-05-2009, 11:29 AM
TSA seems to be one of those airlines held together by speed tape. ..:p

Joking so calm down. We don't want to see TSA sink. :rolleyes:

eaglefly
07-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Bingo. I wouldn't be so quick to attack Eaglefly as it is difficult to take criticism from elsewhere. I don't take it personally at all.

Some dislike me and see what they want to see even when it is not there. Therefore a volley of shots is usually fired and then the target is then blamed as well.

What can you do ?

eaglefly
07-05-2009, 03:51 PM
uh... yes.

FAA suspending an airlines operating certficate is only done for the most serious and repetitive issues. If what you are alluding to is true, than this would indicate there is more to the story then this occurance or issue. Getting the boot by UAL is something different.

eaglefly
07-05-2009, 03:54 PM

A lot of them didn't want to hear it. Apparently it was my fault........oh well.

eaglefly
07-05-2009, 03:55 PM
eaglefly=dean wormer.

tsa=animal house.

hulie waking up and running the airline correctly=funniest joke ive ever heard.

.......and we all know what happened to Delta House.

Herbie
07-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Well, all things considered, keeping United happy with TSA is pretty important at this juncture as that is the gravy train right now. Not to mention, safety really needs to be the key here. MX has always left something to be desired in my tenure there, not that I ever felt as thought my safety was in question, otherwise I never would have gotten on the airplane.

I understand that times are tough right now, but skimping on MX could and will always do more harm than good. Hopefully we can still learn something from the Alaska Airlines incident some years back. Poor MX practices are always a bad thing.