Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : trans states vs. Pinnacle

jetguy
06-08-2006, 08:20 AM
which company is better and why?
(least chance of a new F.O. getting furloughed right after start)

RJ85FO
06-08-2006, 09:23 AM
which company is better and why?
(least chance of a new F.O. getting furloughed right after start)

Trans States has ALREADY furloughed (a couple handfulls are on furlough now I believe). So if these are your only choices, the decision has been made for you.

The only thing that worries me about Pinnacle is what the outcome of the NWA RFP will be for the CRJ flying. Pinnacle may not retain all of those aircraft. Luckily, however, attrition is so high there, that even the loss of several airplanes to another airline would probably mean you would stand a fair chance of not being furloughed.

There are a lot better options out there for regionals if that is your chosen path. I would try to expand your options beyond just these two right now.

jetguy
06-08-2006, 09:50 AM
i already have an offer of employment from trans states. they say class of november maybee dec.

i can get an interview w/ pinnacle , and if i pass might get class of october or november

U-I pilot
06-08-2006, 09:59 AM
lets put it another way..... trans states furloughees are interviewing at pinnacle and many other places versus waiting for call back FWIW...

Flatspin7
06-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Dance with the girl who asks first!!!
Interview with PCL if they hire you and can get you in a class sooner... Take it!

Punkpilot48
06-08-2006, 10:06 AM
i already have an offer of employment from trans states. they say class of november maybee dec.

i can get an interview w/ pinnacle , and if i pass might get class of october or november

Forget that you ever interviewed with TSA your life will be much better. Try for XJT or AWAC or SKW

surfer1212
06-15-2006, 01:51 PM
I was just hired by Pinnacle yesterday. My class is July 10th.