Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : westjet requirements

Confused
01-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Hello

Does westjet require applicants to hold a canadian ATPL?

Also do they want you to have the IATRA written?

GreenTailWhale
01-09-2010, 11:43 AM
A "quick" and "easy" scan at their website reveled the answer. You should look there first the next time you need basic entry requirements.

Yes, you do require a Transport Canada ATPL to apply. And they are recruiting.

ugflyer
01-09-2010, 07:02 PM
A "quick" and "easy" scan at their website reveled the answer. You should look there first the next time you need basic entry requirements.

hehehehehe!

Confused
01-10-2010, 11:48 AM

thanks for being so condescending with your answer.

have a nice day

PurpleCRJ
01-19-2010, 08:54 AM

Did the quick and easy scan 'take great pleasure in' the answer? Or did it "reveal" the answer.

Correct spelling adds a little oomph to your smack talk.

:)

GreenTailWhale
01-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Did the quick and easy scan 'take great pleasure in' the answer? Or did it "reveal" the answer.

Correct spelling adds a little oomph to your smack talk.

Well I will admit that more than 20 years of flying airplanes has taken a toll on my spelling. A successful pilot will need to learn quick and early to be resourceful and determined. If someone was inquiring about (harder to find) information on my airline, I would happily share it. But if anyone asked me what are requirements are I would tell them to look at the website. As would almost anyone else working here or any other airline.

Cheers

PurpleCRJ
01-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Well I will admit that more than 20 years of flying airplanes has taken a toll on my spelling. A successful pilot will need to learn quick and early to be resourceful and determined. If someone was inquiring about (harder to find) information on my airline, I would happily share it. But if anyone asked me what are requirements are I would tell them to look at the website. As would almost anyone else working here or any other airline.

Cheers

I agree. In fact, one of my favorite resources is a dictionary. It's "our" requirements.

ok, ok, I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. Seriously though, I do agree about a little light research before asking a question - especially one that's been beaten up on these forums already.

NorthStar99
01-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Check out http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewforum.php?f=36 for WestJet specific stuff. DaveP (Dave Pobran - WJ hiring) frequents the Forums and is very open to answering questions from most via PM.