Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Checkin in FDX

MacGuy2
01-26-2010, 05:40 PM
It's unbelievable that I've been a deviator for so long, I don't know what I need to do to check in for a DH out of MEM. I have a trip starting with a DH that the accepted fare is so low I have no choice but to come to MEM and DH from there. I was just going to stay at the 4 Bullets hotel and take the scheduled DH the next morning.

Here's the question...do I have to go to AOC to check in before I go to the pax terminal or is there some way to check in from the pax terminal?

Sorry to ask what seems to be an incredibly stupid question.

MG2

Tuck
01-26-2010, 05:42 PM
You can check in on VIPS online or over the phone. Of course on occasion the other crew members hang out in the AOC and expect to meet you so it's not a bad idea to drop an email.

capt_zman
01-26-2010, 05:44 PM
You can check in via the Biometric or call them from the terminal, whichever you prefer. Obviously, make sure you do it before the required time.

JethroFDX
01-26-2010, 05:59 PM
I've done the phone call or internet check in on a regular basis. No problems with either one.

Also, and this is probably common knowledge, but the crew bus will take you directly from the Democrat lot to the terminal.

MacGuy2
01-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks guys for the info. My flying partner is already deviating so I really don't have a need to go to AOC. Thanks again.

MG2

FedElta
01-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Hey MG2,

Sending regards your way......come see us....

BG :)

Nitefrater
01-26-2010, 06:43 PM
If you check in via phone, you'll need your "help code" to verify that you're really you. (In case you haven't thought of it since you set it up.)

HazCan
01-26-2010, 06:49 PM
I think we should start pressing our finger on the biometric exactly one hour (2 in ANC) prior to departure, then call for your ride and see what happens. That's what we are required to do right? No more, no less.

FDXLAG
01-26-2010, 06:50 PM
If you check in via phone, you'll need your "help code" to verify that you're really you. (In case you haven't thought of it since you set it up.)

I haven't tried it in a while but you can use vips phine check in with out the help code.

FR8Hauler
01-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys for the info. My flying partner is already deviating so I really don't have a need to go to AOC. Thanks again.

MG2

Is he your partner or your fo?:)

fedupbusdriver
01-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that.:eek:

FR8Hauler
01-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that.:eek:

Maybe Metrosexual...:eek:

MacGuy2
01-27-2010, 04:58 AM
Is he your partner or your fo?:)

Hey, don't be talking ugly about my boyfriend...

skyler
01-27-2010, 09:48 AM
"I think we should start pressing our finger on the biometric exactly one hour (2 in ANC) prior to departure, then call for your ride and see what happens. That's what we are required to do right? No more, no less."

We are dropping the ball on this one. We should all be checking in AT SHOWTIME in AOC, then, per the FOM, check required FCIF's before each duty period, next stop is Corp Travel to get the ticket, then proceed to the terminal bus(it just left? I guess I'll catch the next one in 20 minutes.). Once at the terminal, get in line to check your bag to destination. Now through security....etc. Nothing out of bounds, just following the rules.

4a2b or not 4a2b, that is the question. WE are the answer.

FR8Hauler
01-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey, don't be talking ugly about my boyfriend...

Sorry that was not right. Just too big of a target and I could not resist!:)

HazCan
01-27-2010, 06:39 PM
I think we should start pressing our finger on the biometric exactly one hour (2 in ANC) prior to departure, then call for your ride and see what happens. That's what we are required to do right? No more, no less.

Just to clarify, the two hours in ANC is for a deadhead NOT a regular trip. For all operating trips it is one hour.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1