Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Dev ???? LHR-STN transportation

Cessna180DVR
01-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Couldn't find any previous threads that covered this and I can't remember how I did it a few years ago. Anyone have the gouge on GT from LHR to the Crown Plaza in Cambridge? Any help is appreciated.

MaydayMark
01-27-2010, 10:26 AM
I've taken the bus from LHR to Cambridge. The bus stop in Cambridge is only a few blocks from the hotel (an easy walk assuming your bags have wheels).

I vaguely remember a discssion here on APC about a train also?

Mark

Flightmech
01-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Cessna180DVR,

There is a regular National Express coach that runs from LHR to STN and then onto Cambridge. Here is the link for their website. Hope this helps.

National Express // Cheap Coach Travel to Southampton, Portsmouth, London, Manchester & More. (http://www.nationalexpress.com/coacheslanding.aspx)

Cessna180DVR
01-27-2010, 11:22 AM
That answers the question. Thanks for the speedy response.

frozenboxhauler
01-27-2010, 01:49 PM
The train is fun too. About a 15 minute walk from the train station to the hotel.
fbh