Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

purple speed
01-28-2010, 09:33 PM
I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

I just heard this in the AOC...

Idiot "I am calling to find out if you are drafting tonight"

scheduler ???

Idiot "I'm just waiting for a jumpseat home, so if you want to draft me please call"

Thanks buddy. 4a2b forever.

golfandfly
01-28-2010, 09:47 PM
For those that are lucky enough to sit this one out, how are things tonight at the AOC? Has the weather hit yet??

bleedairpacks
01-29-2010, 03:19 AM
Pass the Mylanta.

Left yesterday, will miss the wx.

4.a.2.b forever!

steel
01-29-2010, 03:20 AM
pathetic...

print out his schedule and post it up on the crashpad board. peer pressure works.

the weather is forcing the company's hand in supplying us all a perfect opportunity to help them understand 4a2b isn't helping anyone. Let's not waste this one or any other that comes our way.

golfandfly
01-29-2010, 07:51 AM
From the latest email, it appears that many flights will be cancelled or revised. If put in sub, you have the opportunity to decline the trip (if offered) and pick up a future trip at PMU pay (125%). Or you can roll the bones and show up for your sub trip and hope it cancels, then collect 100% for driving in to work.

Definitely leaves options for those affected. So the company thinks angering the work force by applying 4.a.2.b. just to save some cash is still a good idea? If they end up cancelling a lot of these flights (which seems likely), they will need a lot of reserves to help. What's that? You cut reserve manning to lower our BLGs? The few reserves that you have left (end of the month) are at RLG since you wanted to utilize them more?

Sounds like a union email that said the company decided to trade Fedex's trademark reliability to save a few bucks. Fedex always kept a large amount of reserve coverage for situations like these. Now they don't have that luxury and will have to rely, once again, on our goodwill. They lost mine a long while back......

727cap
01-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Just say NO, let them worry about it since we have to be worry about our lost income! stay home and light up the fireplace :)

Laughing_Jakal
01-29-2010, 09:28 AM
"Your request to assign me to Substitution Trip XXX beginning X:XX hours from now has been declined due to Insufficient Motivation Coverage

:eek:

golfandfly
01-29-2010, 09:46 AM
I declined my offer....

Booyakasha!
01-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Simply amazing.

DLax85
01-29-2010, 12:15 PM
"Your request to assign me to Substitution Trip XXX beginning X:XX hours from now has been declined due to Insufficient Motivation Coverage

:eek:

...Shack!!:):D

ANCFRTDG
01-29-2010, 09:23 PM
If we don't send a message at our "collective" total disgust at the continuation of a totally unreasonable 4a2b now , then when! The only thing we have to offer is our services! Hold the line here and we may be able to turn the corner? If too many "individuals" go for the short term greed we will all get a short note thanking us for our professionalism and continued pay cut:mad: