Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : fdx vacation buffer

drftddgr
01-30-2010, 02:07 PM
I am on RB today and tomorow (30,31) with vacation starting on the 1st (new bid month).

Does the vacation buffer apply in this case? Pretty high on the list and waitin' on the phone to ring but as yet it hasn't. On the other hand, no trips have been assigned to RB today(72 FO).

I don't know if it's because of vacation buffer or no trips? Any thoughts?

Regardless it's a nice tv day in hooterville.

FLMD11CAPT
01-30-2010, 02:38 PM
I am on RB today and tomorow (30,31) with vacation starting on the 1st (new bid month).

Does the vacation buffer apply in this case? Pretty high on the list and waitin' on the phone to ring but as yet it hasn't. On the other hand, no trips have been assigned to RB today(72 FO).

I don't know if it's because of vacation buffer or no trips? Any thoughts?

Regardless it's a nice tv day in hooterville.

7.G.3a

3. Reserve Line Holder
a. A pilot shall receive a 48 hour duty free vacation buffer at
each end of his vacation period provided that the buffer
occurs in a bid period in which he is awarded a reserve line.
A vacation buffer shall not extend outside the bid period(s)
in which the vacation occurred. A vacation buffer shall not
create a confl ict with a trip that began in the previous bid
period.

Funny what you can find in the crazy book called "Our Contract"!!!!!! ;) :)

drftddgr
01-30-2010, 02:58 PM
thanks

i'm smart smart enuff to READ the contract and i did, i'm just not smart enuf to understand evry word of it so i asked for some clarification

so am I or am i not on the hook? my calendar shows the r-days but i don't know if i'm responsible for them

FDXLAG
01-30-2010, 03:01 PM
My guess is all the 727s are stuck in the field.

Jetjok
01-30-2010, 03:24 PM
My guess is all the 727s are stuck in the field.

Which makes absolutely no difference.

JJ

drftddgr
01-30-2010, 03:32 PM
after re-reading, it looks like the buffer can't be in a different bid-month than the vacation so i guess i'm on the hook

AFW_MD11
01-30-2010, 04:09 PM
after re-reading, it looks like the buffer can't be in a different bid-month than the vacation so i guess i'm on the hook

If it's on your calendar, you're on the hook.

(applying my Caveman mentality)

Overnitefr8
01-30-2010, 05:20 PM
If it's on your calendar, you're on the hook.

(applying my Caveman mentality)

Agree with you. If it was part of a buffer, it would have already been taken care of.

FLMD11CAPT
01-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Your buffer will not back into the prior month. Good luck!!!!!

FDXLAG
01-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Which makes absolutely no difference.

JJ

Well, you see I was replying to his comment that he "was on RB (727 FO)". All of the 727s stuck in the field does make a difference if you are sitting reserve in MEM. But opinions are like smelly bodily orifices; we each have em.

drftddgr
01-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Well, you see I was replying to his comment that he "was on RB (727 FO)". All of the 727s stuck in the field does make a difference if you are sitting reserve in MEM. But opinions are like smelly bodily orifices; we each have em.

i think you're correct. i was surprised not to get a deadhead somewhere today to fly inbound. my lcky day i guess.