Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Ups Dc8 Fe

Luckydawg
01-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Apparently there are some front seaters that were getting ready to retire at 65. Checking out the DC8 FE seniority list, they are now looking to downbid and displace to Second Officer rather than retire.............:eek:

Archie Bunker
02-01-2010, 02:17 AM
Apparently there are some front seaters that were getting ready to retire at 65. Checking out the DC8 FE seniority list, they are now looking to downbid and displace to Second Officer rather than retire.............:eek:

How is this possible when we don't have DC-8s on the property anymore? Is it because we still have a bunch of DC-8 crewmembers sitting on their collective keisters (not their fault)?

Naven
02-01-2010, 06:29 AM
At this point if I was planning to retire soon I would delay it as much as I could. The IPA has stated that UPS may be looking at partial buyout to get some guys to go early. It might be worth up to 6 months of pay to them, they might as well wait and see.

JRT123
02-01-2010, 07:59 AM
There's a new push to up the mandatory retirement age to 70 years old! Why not return to the back seat to once again move to a front seat in 2 years.

Pharo351
02-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Oh, "No he didn't". Crowd chants "JERRY!, JERRY!" Welcome to the Springer show folks!

Buck92
02-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Uh...haven't you heard: there is a CRITICAL pilot shortage?! We have to raise the age. Plus 65 is arbitrarily discriminatory.

Fishfreighter
02-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Any age limit is discriminatory.

757upspilot
02-01-2010, 09:40 AM
At this point if I was planning to retire soon I would delay it as much as I could. The IPA has stated that UPS may be looking at partial buyout to get some guys to go early. It might be worth up to 6 months of pay to them, they might as well wait and see.
Plus a six figure income while they wait. This might provoke the company to come up with the buyout quicker.

Buck92
02-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Any age limit is discriminatory.

Picked up on that sarcasm, didja? ;)

Night Eagle
02-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Plus a six figure income while they wait. This might provoke the company to come up with the buyout quicker.

Or just furlough to make room for the "Entitled" (65) crowd to hang around and get paid to do nothing for another year or two while the furloughees try to find work to feed their families!:mad:

Oh, "YES he did!" Jerry! Jerry!

L'il J.Seinfeld
02-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Our country has just gone through the worst economic downturn since the 1940's and UPS still made over 750 million (nearly tripling profits) in the last 90 days of 2009. Hopefully they can spend a few of those dollars and get the Favres on threir way to Shady Acres.

Rocket Bob
02-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Amen to that brother...

757upspilot
02-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Or just furlough to make room for the "Entitled" (65) crowd to hang around and get paid to do nothing for another year or two while the furloughees try to find work to feed their families!:mad:

Oh, "YES he did!" Jerry! Jerry!
They layoff and they lose the MOU. The people with the seniority number get the seat you don't like it you are in the wrong business.

Night Eagle
02-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Agreed the MOU would be cancelled. I think a furlough for 2-3 years would cover that cost though. I have been in the flying business for almost 15 years now almost 3 at UPS so I do know that seniority rules (Except foreign airlines). I don't hate the "Playaz" I just hate the "GAME"

Peace Out:cool:

They layoff and they lose the MOU. The people with the seniority number get the seat you don't like it you are in the wrong business.

Archie Bunker
02-02-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't hate the "Playaz" I just hate the "GAME"

Don't be gettin' all gangsta on us Eagle!

757upspilot
02-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Agreed the MOU would be cancelled. I think a furlough for 2-3 years would cover that cost though. I have been in the flying business for almost 15 years now almost 3 at UPS so I do know that seniority rules (Except foreign airlines). I don't hate the "Playaz" I just hate the "GAME"

The glory of a career in aviation. Sometimes not so much fun.

nightrider
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
There will be no displacement to the backseat of the dc-8 and their is no way for them to get there. You guys are so paranoid.

nightrider

nightrider
02-02-2010, 04:47 PM
These ba*******ds are out at 65.

nightrider

v2plus25
02-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I would think the only way they could go to the back seat is to be displaced. No way would a senior captain (or FO) get hit by a displacement bid assuming they're sitting in a flying seat right now.