Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ANC new guy e-mail

NoHaz
02-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Refreshing new tone from ANC office. Someone in management who gets it?

MaxKts
02-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Refreshing new tone from ANC office. Someone in management who gets it?

My guess is that he has already received the phone call to report to MEM immediately for counseling! :eek:

Tigerpilot1995
02-01-2010, 12:02 PM
ZERO chance this is a UPS thread.

frozenboxhauler
02-01-2010, 05:11 PM
ZERO chance this is a UPS thread.

milk just came out of my nose:D
fbh

p.s. we're lucky, he's a good one!

DLax85
02-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Good for you ANC guys:)

...shows somebody is lurking...sorry, I mean listening.:eek::D

Adlerdriver
02-01-2010, 07:02 PM
It's probably me and my "whipped dog - 4a2b bad attitude":

:rolleyes: Did he really need to address it to the 5 women pilots plus the rest of us so called "gentlemen"? I almost deleted the thing because I had no idea who Janis, Susie, Catherine, Sandra, Shevaun were.

Then there was this:
“My promise is to treat you and all fellow employees contacted on a daily basis with respect, deserved or not”

Uhhhh, gee thanks, JB, I think. Not really sure how to take that statement but I guess it’s still better that some of those from his predecessor.

R1200RT
02-01-2010, 07:42 PM
He was one of my instructors when I went through the MD initial training in '99 and knew he was destined for greatness when after my first sim he said, "I'll meet you at Humpy's in an hour, I don't debrief under florescent lights"

I put him up there with PB, and SM.
Now that it's back to being a flying club enjoy ANC until the 777 closes the base down. :eek:

Congrats to BB

meatloaf
02-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Thank God.

Sorry about the religious connotation, but we've already been thru hell with LK so it seemed appropriate.

FLMD11CAPT
02-02-2010, 12:37 AM
I thought it was good humor to break out the ladies and then say "gentlemen". I also found it refreshing that he is willng to "listen first" and "act second" regardless of weather one deserves it or not. He is saying, even if you do somthing incredibly stupid and unworthy of defense, he will hear you out first. WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK OF A BOSS!!!!! We have our 10% who don't comply......at least he will "Ready, Aim, Shoot" instead of "Ready, Shoot, Aim". BB is a good thing for us......JMHO:cool:

FedupFlex
02-02-2010, 05:28 AM
I think BB will do well for the ANC guys! A FP protoge, which means he'll be a pilot advocate while representing the company. Hopefully the MEM bunch will just let him do his job without micromanaging him.

AFW_MD11
02-02-2010, 06:39 AM
I think BB will do well for the ANC guys! A FP protoge, which means he'll be a pilot advocate while representing the company. Hopefully the MEM bunch will just let him do his job without micromanaging him.

don't hold your breath on that one

now where did that "wolf in sheep's clothing" avatar go?

Kumbaya......group hug ;)

I'm just sayin'......don't expect the guy to start handing out free passes to act any way you want or do anything you want up in ANC without fear of discipline.

If he does, the FCIF announcing his "returning to the line" will be published before the paint dries on his office door nametag!

Jetjok
02-02-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm just sayin'......don't expect the guy to start handing out free passes to act any way you want or do anything you want up in ANC without fear of discipline.

If he does, the FCIF announcing his "returning to the line" will be published before the paint dries on his office door nametag!

It doesn't sound like anyone is expecting any free passes to act any way they want. It sounds like the new ACP will be willing to sit down and discuss your stupidity with you, before he meters out any discipline. The bottom line will be that if you screw up, you should expect to get your winkie slapped. If you didn't, you shouldn't. What more can you ask from a flight manager in a company that is notorious for having flight managers who represent the company and not the line pilot.

JJ

AFW_MD11
02-02-2010, 07:30 AM
It doesn't sound like anyone is expecting any free passes to act any way they want. It sounds like the new ACP will be willing to sit down and discuss your stupidity with you, before he meters out any discipline. The bottom line will be that if you screw up, you should expect to get your winkie slapped. If you didn't, you shouldn't. What more can you ask from a flight manager in a company that is notorious for having flight managers who represent the company and not the line pilot.

JJ

I agree completely - just trying to "manage expectations"

but....isn't this how it's always been - even with LK?

was LK "slappin' winkies" :) of guys that weren't screwing up? or just being generally extra a-hole-ish when dealing with the screwups?

just didn't want anyone up here to strike up the chorus of ".....the wicked witch is dead....!!" and "Kumbaya" just because there's a new guy blowin' sunshine all around in an email.

fecav8r
02-02-2010, 12:12 PM

JJ

man that hurts

Jetjok
02-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah, the truth sometimes does hurt. But deep down, you know it's true. I'm not saying ALL flight managers.....just the vast majority......it's not their fault......but it is the way it is.

JJ