Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Employment Verification - FDX

KnightFlyer
02-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Ygbsm ....

MaxKts
02-01-2010, 11:47 AM
So - Let me get this straight:

I have to prove it is OK for me to be employed by FedEx but I can show up at any polling center and it is illegal to require me to show ID that says I can legally VOTE :confused: :eek: :confused:

FDX aviator
02-01-2010, 12:08 PM
I wanna know if other guys are using their SS#. The way I read it, you don't have to, but if you don't verification has to take place by other means rather than e-verify...?
I just don't like using my SS# on everything. FAA's finally let us take our #s off their paperwork. I know the company has our SS#, but they're legally required to have it.
What say you, all wise ones?

SaltyDog
02-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Sounds like the Feds making you all do this too. Uncle Brown has been working through this for a few months. I used my SSN, haven't heard of anybody going the alternate method. But figure IRS already has my number as do hackers. Heck, the DOD and VA accidently let out all my private data at least once a year ...<ng> At least they offer 'free' credit reports. Ughhh

fedupbusdriver
02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I would think your passport would be the easiest. I haven't seen my ss card since I sacked groceries in junior high 35 yrs ago.

SaltyDog
02-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Not the card, just your SSN on a govt. website. It confirms your identity, you print out the verification, take the paperwork to a company rep. They doublecheck the 'proof' that the feds say you are a US citizen, they look at a passport to ID you with the paperwork, They enter in the system that FedEx has verified you, the govt. has verified and you are done in response to the govt. bureaucracy.

fedupbusdriver
02-01-2010, 02:19 PM
The way I read it, an item from list A (passport) or one from list B and list C.

If you have your current passport, you do not need anything else. But I could be wrong.

Nitefrater
02-01-2010, 02:56 PM
I wanna know if other guys are using their SS#. The way I read it, you don't have to, but if you don't verification has to take place by other means rather than e-verify...?
I just don't like using my SS# on everything. FAA's finally let us take our #s off their paperwork. I know the company has our SS#, but they're legally required to have it.
What say you, all wise ones?

A SSN is one of the the things you need to be eligible for employment, so... yeah, it's required.

You might also look at the "I-9 job aid" link, which includes the following:

"Social Security Number –
the employee is required by law to provide you with their social security number in order to complete the EVerify

Process. If employee refused (sic) to provide, please contact _________."

You have to provide the SSN. If you chose, the SS CARD may be used as a proof of employment eligibility under List C.

frozenboxhauler
02-01-2010, 05:18 PM
DARNIT!, I thought I'd be able to sneek through without anyone noticing. What a bunch of carp.
fbh

iarapilot
02-01-2010, 07:05 PM
The things that the DHS keep coming up with make me feel safer everyday! How about some sharp shooters down at the southern boarder. That would be more effective! :rolleyes:

GIANT PILOT
02-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Everyone is doing it, we (Atlas/Polar) got hit with this a couple months ago, after being here for almost 12 years, I find it silly that I have to prove that I work for this company. :eek:

Gunter
02-01-2010, 07:40 PM
If we weren't screened properly then why are we all in CAAS?

If we were screened properly this is big waste of $$. I sense an attempt by the DOHS to justify their budget (existence?)

My favorite forms of verification -

8. Native American Tribal document
9. Canadian drivers license
10. School report card
11. clinic record
12. Day-care or nursery school record

FLMD11CAPT
02-02-2010, 12:53 AM
If My Top Secret Compartmentalized Military clearance isn't good enough, then they can pack sand........all you security agencies out there.......start talking to each other and stop the clown show!!!!!! My 1st Grade teacher has been bothered enough by your questions about me x 12 !!!!! :cool::(:confused: Sheesh ......you trust me with a Bucket o' Sunshine....but You want me to verify my civilian employment?????? .....****?

SaltyDog
02-02-2010, 04:24 AM
If My Top Secret Compartmentalized Military clearance isn't good enough, then they can pack sand........all you security agencies out there.......start talking to each other and stop the clown show!!!!!! My 1st Grade teacher has been bothered enough by your questions about me x 12 !!!!! :cool::(:confused: Sheesh ......you trust me with a Bucket o' Sunshine....but You want me to verify my civilian employment?????? .....****?

They have no visibility on your clearance and no access anyway.
We asked why DOD could not officially share clearance info for purposes of CRAF participation, TSA screening and other things, etc. The simple answer was threefold: Privacy act issues, different data required by each federal agency, and so stovepiped they can't effectively communicate and share/manage the data.

MX727
02-02-2010, 05:58 AM
With the title of the FCIF, they are going to find that about 90% of the guys didn't even read it.

I thought it was about how to verify employment when you need to prove to a third party that you work for FedEx, for example, when you apply for a mortgage. Skipped it, then found this thread.

AFW_MD11
02-02-2010, 06:25 AM
They have no visibility on your clearance and no access anyway.
We asked why DOD could not officially share clearance info for purposes of CRAF participation, TSA screening and other things, etc. The simple answer was threefold: Privacy act issues, different data required by each federal agency, and so stovepiped they can't effectively communicate and share/manage the data.

kinda like the same reason the TSA (DHO) didn't catch the underwear bomber?

but - by golly, now that they have all this new data on US, they'll darn sure catch the next one!

:eek::(

Nitefrater
02-02-2010, 07:59 AM
If My Top Secret Compartmentalized Military clearance isn't good enough, then they can pack sand........

Be sure to let us know how that works out for you...

ANCFRTDG
02-03-2010, 09:01 AM
This is unbelievable! I keep waiting for Col. Flag to pop up somewhere!:eek: I guess we will have to expand the joke about military inteligence being a oximoron to include their civilian counterparts as well:rolleyes:

MaydayMark
02-03-2010, 09:54 AM
I thought I remembered ALL pilots getting FBI background investigations (post 911 requirement)? Isn't there some way to reference that database?

Can we submit a pay log for the extra time spent doing paperwork on a day off?

Lucky7
02-03-2010, 11:19 AM
So lets all stop them illegals from working here but don't bother me with the details or interrupt my daily routine. Process seems simple enough. Verify everyone on payroll is legal to work in the US. The form has all of 4 steps and takes about 2 minutes to complete and a passport is all that's needed.

golfandfly
02-03-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm sure we have tons of illegals flying airplanes at Fedex. We already go through a background check, shouldn't that be enough?

iarapilot
02-03-2010, 11:25 AM
This is unbelievable! I keep waiting for Col. Flag to pop up somewhere!:eek: I guess we will have to expand the joke about military inteligence being a oximoron to include their civilian counterparts as well:rolleyes:

You just figured that out? ;)

Gunter
02-03-2010, 12:14 PM
So you're saying I have to bring in my tribal docs?

Busboy
02-03-2010, 12:25 PM
You guys sound suspicious.

What are you afraid of? What are you hiding there, comrades?:cool:

FXDX
02-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Sure would be nice to see the big boss (POTUS) provide the same documentation to the American people. You know set the example and share our pain. :rolleyes:

MD11Fr8Dog
02-03-2010, 06:53 PM
So you're saying I have to bring in my tribal docs?

Why would you bring witch doctors?

iarapilot
02-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Sure would be nice to see the big boss (POTUS) provide the same documentation to the American people. You know set the example and share our pain. :rolleyes:

He has set an example....by spending millions on how not to have to divulge any info or records that the common folk do!:rolleyes:

viperdriver
02-04-2010, 05:15 AM
What do guys that are sick on mil leave or vacation for the month do?

IC ALL
02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Some political content and the thread is going nowhere. Thread closed.