Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : FDX - Joint Council Mtg - 2 Feb

DLax85
02-02-2010, 10:40 AM
OK guys, for those who could attend --- what happened at today's meeting?

Any observations, insights or updates are greatly appreciated.

DLax85
02-02-2010, 04:43 PM
OK guys, for those who could attend --- what happened at today's meeting?

Any observations, insights or updates are greatly appreciated.

226 peaks --- but no takers.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

HoursHore
02-02-2010, 06:16 PM
I was there. Nothing to report.

Prater spoke, Some guy from wilson center spoke, SS Spoke, Broke for Lunch and I left. No good rumors or innuendo.

tennesseeflyboy
02-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Lots of SUITS ............... lots of catering and cookies but not enough Coffee !!! Excellent questions from the membership, very good responses on both sides, I was glad that I went over there !!!

MD11Fr8Dog
02-02-2010, 07:33 PM

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

When I peeked, I didn't see that multi-peak mountain range! ;)

Gunter
02-02-2010, 08:17 PM

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

You could e-mail your block rep.

Busboy
02-02-2010, 08:57 PM

Hey!!! I've got a great idea...Maybe our block rep(s) could email us with some updated pertinent information.:eek:

This came out last Oct 29 from LEC 22..."You may have noticed a decrease in my communications and an increase in MEC communications. While at first look you probably think Iím getting lazy, let me assure you Iím not; the change in communications is intentional. The MEC is looking into different forms of communication. "

If they've decided to use telepathy...I must not be on the same wavelength.:rolleyes:

Fedex999999
02-03-2010, 01:55 AM
They filmed the meeting, so I assume they will put up a video version of it on the ALPA website once it is edited.

290kts
02-03-2010, 03:25 AM
They filmed the meeting, so I assume they will put up a video version of it on the ALPA website once it is edited.

Interesting, some guys brought tape recorders to a meeting one time and you would have thought they denounced their US citizenship - the meeting stopped and would not continue until all recorders were off. It was a little comical. None of the guys that brought recorders knew one another - hopefully that was the DW regime and the new regime was taking notes on how to not run the program.

I guess if "they" own the recording they can edit as appropriate. Things that make you say hmmmmmmm.

DLax85
02-03-2010, 04:54 AM

Ah the problem with message boards (...and e-mail, and other forms of two-dimensional communication).:(

I honestly can't tell if Gunter is stating this in jest:confused:

.....let's hope so.:)

Gunter
02-03-2010, 05:37 AM
You should contact your block rep and start a dialogue.

Does anyone really think what's happening now has anything to do with the DW regime? You need to look into how many MEC members were flushed out since the height of that era.

DLax85
02-03-2010, 06:48 AM
You should contact your block rep and start a dialogue....

Does anyone really think what's happening now has anything to do with the DW regime? You need to look into how many MEC members were flushed out since the height of that era.

Now I'm even more confused.

Is asking what happened at an open meeting on APC and contacting one's block rep mutually exclusive events?

I think each form of communication has pretty clear advantages vs disadvantages --- and we all acknowledge and accept these.

It's rather odd to me that so many people took the time to meet in Memphis to discuss Union business, but there was nothing of significance to report.

Back to shoveling snow.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1