Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

JRT123
02-10-2010, 11:24 AM
I'd like to see a mock run of this thing.:confused:

Precontact
02-10-2010, 12:07 PM
I was thinking the same thing...would be interesting as Art 14 has never before been invoked.

FliFast
02-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Maybe a slight thread hijack, but does anyone know if the company has to move (ANC) furloughess back to the lower 48 if they selected the move package.

Secondly, anyone know how much Alaska unemployment is ?

Thks,
FF

-------

Thx LD

Luckydawg
02-10-2010, 09:24 PM
WHAT IS MY WEEKLY BENEFIT AMOUNT?
Your unemployment insurance benefits are based on the amount of wages earned during your base period. The benefits range from $56 - $370 per week.

Frequently Asked Questions (http://labor.state.ak.us/esd_unemployment_insurance/faq.htm)

JRT123
02-11-2010, 11:34 AM
One day later and I still want to see a mock bid!

Archie Bunker
02-11-2010, 01:02 PM
I'd like to see a mock run of this thing.:confused:

Dude, it's going to be fugly.

The domino effect will reach far up the seniority list. We're going to be seeing lots of new happy, shiny faces up in ANC, FOs and Capts alike. In the lower 48, guys will be getting bumped to the right seat just so they won't have to make the commute to the Great White North.

I can't wait to see some of these lifetime DC-8 dinosaurs going to -400 school. Should be interesting.

Commando
02-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Actually, This last Bid had many very Senior Pilots bid ANC. Guys holding good lines in the 300 to 600 seniority range bidding ANC. Even SDF MD Capt's bidding the 747. And they live in SDF and the SouthEast! So go figure.

Just look at the Recurring Awards. Mine Boggleing.

Captain Crunch
02-12-2010, 03:58 AM
I can't wait to see some of these lifetime DC-8 dinosaurs going to -400 school. Should be interesting.

Archie,

The only DC-8 dinosaurs going to the -400 will be F/E's and some junior F/O's. All of the Dinosaur CPT's are senior enough that they will displace the junior CPT's in SDF. Those displaced junior CPT's could possibly go to the -400.

Night_Hawk
02-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Maybe a slight thread hijack, but does anyone know if the company has to move (ANC) furloughess back to the lower 48 if they selected the move package.

I heard, jumpseater, Alaska law does not allow companies that are based in the lower 48 w/ people domicilled in alaska to furlough them and not pay for their moving expenses back to the states.

I have no idea if it is true, but you guys need to look into this. Maybe, w/ the unions help.

GL,

N_H

FliFast
02-12-2010, 04:26 PM
NH,

I brought that up (move expenses for furloughees) because I had heard the same thing. Maybe this is one more unintended cost to this debacle ?

FF

DaRaiders
02-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I heard, jumpseater, Alaska law does not allow companies that are based in the lower 48 w/ people domicilled in alaska to furlough them and not pay for their moving expenses back to the states.

I have no idea if it is true, but you guys need to look into this. Maybe, w/ the unions help.

GL,

N_H

I heard this, as well.

navigatro
02-13-2010, 12:21 AM
I believe that the company, to comply with Alaska employment law, would merely have to transport the employee back to the lower 48. There is no requirement to ship the employee's household goods.

highsky
02-13-2010, 12:34 AM
I believe that the company, to comply with Alaska employment law, would merely have to transport the employee back to the lower 48. There is no requirement to ship the employee's household goods.
That's my understanding. Even if one was willing to wage a fight, based on this law, UPS would only be required to mail the employee's carcase back to the lower 48, NOT his family or his belongings.

Yeah, a $200 airline ticket, or, more likely, a P3 jumpseat on a 757: Now that's putting your people first!

JustUnderPar
02-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Miami Guys. Get ready!
DC-8 FO's. Can this really happen?

Yes it can.

It's all delivered by UPS!