Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ATI hiring

nitefr8dog
02-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Heard on the ABX 1224 hotline ATI was hiring 12 with preferential given to the furloughed ABX pilots with a 2 year lock. I wonder if they will have any bites?:cool:

AirTrucker
02-16-2010, 01:41 PM
That would be good news, I did not see anything on the ATI web page other then they had opening for flight attendants....any takers? lol Anyone know what is going on with the Capital Cargo 767's? I herd they purchased a few but I have not seen anything else about it.

Now where
02-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Cappy 767's....ahahhahhahhaaahahaha!

nitefr8dog
02-16-2010, 05:55 PM

You see a 757 in CVG every night. The other 757 is always in MIA going somewhere south. As far as a 767 have not seen Cappy flying one.

flyboy8272
02-17-2010, 06:26 AM

You really should do a little homework before you laugh so hard at others (see link below) - it makes you the big clown!

Besides the 2 757's they operate, Cappy does have 2 767's listed on their certificate. I don't know if they will ever operate them; it may just be some ABX 767 scope-dodging effort by their management (ATSG owns ABX, CCI, and ATI, plus Cargo Aircraft Management = aircraft leasing company).

CH-Aviation - Airline News, Fleet Lists & More (http://www.ch-aviation.ch/aircraft.php?search=set&airline=CCI&al_op=1)

l8fr82hub
02-17-2010, 07:37 AM
I'm not sure where that web site gets it's information, but according to the FAA registry Cargo Aircraft Management owns the two 767s you were referring to and Cappy (http://av-info.faa.gov/detail.asp?DSGN_CODE=C8GA&OPER_FAR=121&OPER_NAME=CAPITAL+CARGO+INTERNATIONAL+AIRLINES+INC ) only has 727s and 757s on their certificate.

AirTrucker
02-17-2010, 08:43 AM
I had seen the 2 767's on CH aviation, and nothing about them anywhere else. I know that 795AX has not even been fully converted to a freighter, and I would not think Cappy or ATI would operate unless they have a cargo door, both 767's must be sitting down at ILN.

AirTrucker
02-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Any ideas if ATI will be receiving more 767's? I assume the DC8's will be sticking around for quite a long time.

l8fr82hub
02-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Plenty of rumors that there are more 767s coming, including 2 PAX versions, but nothing concrete.

nitefr8dog
02-17-2010, 06:31 PM
I had seen the 2 767's on CH aviation, and nothing about them anywhere else. I know that 795AX has not even been fully converted to a freighter, and I would not think Cappy or ATI would operate unless they have a cargo door, both 767's must be sitting down at ILN.

Wrong! 795AX is online and being used in the DHL system. (ABX) It is a "lite" SF conversion meaning it did not get the heavy gear so max weight is 315K VS 351k. Plenty for the DHL system... we fly around empty most of the time anyway! I have flown this aircraft, it is ugly without a new paint job but sure looks nice inside. :cool:

AirTrucker
02-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Wrong! 795AX is online and being used in the DHL system. (ABX) It is a "lite" SF conversion meaning it did not get the heavy gear so max weight is 315K VS 351k. Plenty for the DHL system... we fly around empty most of the time anyway! I have flown this aircraft, it is ugly without a new paint job but sure looks nice inside. :cool:

Thank you for keeping my facts straight!:o Then why does it 795AX show up on ch for cappy? lol...must be an error:confused:

AirTrucker
02-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Anyone know if Cappy is planning on adding more 757's? They can never replace the good old 727!

JetPiedmont
02-18-2010, 09:22 AM
"It is a "lite" SF conversion meaning it did not get the heavy gear so max weight is 315K VS 351k. Plenty for the DHL system... we fly around empty most of the time anyway!"

OUCH! That's pretty grim. I assume you're not just talking about positioning flights?

nitefr8dog
02-18-2010, 06:20 PM
"It is a "lite" SF conversion meaning it did not get the heavy gear so max weight is 315K VS 351k. Plenty for the DHL system... we fly around empty most of the time anyway!"

OUCH! That's pretty grim. I assume you're not just talking about positioning flights?

Unfortunately no, DHL gave away all domestic business a couple of years ago and International has been pretty soft. 20K to 30K on alot of legs but they are coming up! :cool:

757upspilot
02-18-2010, 09:09 PM

767-200? 300 is a lot heavier

i121ADX
02-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Don't forget, alot of DHL freight get's moved through Toledo now too.

FlyAstarJets
02-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Don't forget, alot of DHL freight get's moved through Toledo now too.

Not as much as one would think.

FAJ

tulip
02-20-2010, 10:24 AM
FlyAstarJets,

When did you get hired at ATI?
Are you an FO or FE?

I didn't know there was any hiring going on there. Congrats!

FlyAstarJets
02-20-2010, 11:44 AM
FlyAstarJets,

When did you get hired at ATI?
Are you an FO or FE?

I didn't know there was any hiring going on there. Congrats!

Thanks tulip,

I got picked up this past Nov. ATI hires into the right seat. The FE's are all PFE's with A&P tickets and believe me they know their stuff. Haven't worked the line yet, but the guys I have met from instructors and check airman on down are a great bunch of peeps.

Now for the bad news. ABX pilots have snagged "preferential hiring" status for their furloughed pilots at their ABX longevity for pay purposes. So what that means is that anyone NOT an ABX pilot will not be considered for employment until they work through the 400 or so on the ABX furlough list and the ABX "new hires" first year pay will actually be 12 year pay.

The good news is the ATI group is not going to sit back and be kicked in the nads and expect to like it. Either by negotiation or legal action this arrangement is going to be MUCH different than it is today. So I say if you see the employment window open up on the ATI website ( Go to https://airtransport.applicantharbor.com/ and create a profile ) fill it out and see what happens.

Hope this helps,

FAJ

Kougarok
02-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks tulip,

Now for the bad news. ABX pilots have snagged "preferential hiring" status for their furloughed pilots at their ABX longevity for pay purposes. So what that means is that anyone NOT an ABX pilot will not be considered for employment until they work through the 400 or so on the ABX furlough list and the ABX "new hires" first year pay will actually be 12 year pay.

FAJ

It's not bad news for everyone!

727C47
02-20-2010, 07:16 PM
It's not bad news for everyone!

thats only fair,the abx crew have been thru the wringer

FlyLate
02-22-2010, 09:40 AM
thats only fair,the abx crew have been thru the wringer
You're kidding, right? An airline drags out negotiations with it's own longtime crewmembers, fighting over nickels and dimes, but ponies up the money for newcomers... so folks used to being kicked in the nuts should expect more of the same while others are catered to because... why?

nitefr8dog
02-23-2010, 04:15 PM
You're kidding, right? An airline drags out negotiations with it's own longtime crewmembers, fighting over nickels and dimes, but ponies up the money for newcomers... so folks used to being kicked in the nuts should expect more of the same while others are catered to because... why?

Because they negotiated this side letter in the contract and gave up something to get it that's why! Nothing comes without a price, pay days off, retirement, etc. This was not put in just as an experiment it cost the union alot. You ask why? Because other carriers under the ATSG umbrella are hiring that's why! You can have the same deal...if you are willing to give up something. :cool:

FlyAstarJets
02-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Because they negotiated this side letter in the contract and gave up something to get it that's why! Nothing comes without a price, pay days off, retirement, etc. This was not put in just as an experiment it cost the union alot. You ask why? Because other carriers under the ATSG umbrella are hiring that's why! You can have the same deal...if you are willing to give up something. :cool:

We are not just "other carriers" under an umbrella. We are a separate company with it's own Operating Certificate, CBA, Seniority List, letter head and corporate p1ss pot. If an ABX pilot wants a job at ATI, man up then. Fill out an app, get an interview and start where I and every other ATI employee start, at the bottom in ALL respects.

Quite frankly, we don't want your deal. I really hope you did not give up to much on such a fools errand.

FAJ

ATI stalwart
02-23-2010, 10:00 PM
damn, Astar, you think the same as me, and you are a new hire. thanks and welcome to ATI

FlyLate
02-24-2010, 07:02 AM
I'll tell you what, since we're all just carriers under the ATSG umbrella, helping ourselves to what's on the plate at the other ATSG airlines, I'll just have a nice helping of the ABEX payscale. :cool:
I do hope ABEX pilots get priority hiring at the associated airlines- not because they're entitled to it, but just out of general good will towards my fellow pilots, who I'd hate to see working at Home Depot. But trying to put yourself ahead of the pilots who've put in the time at ATI working long and hard towards a contract that probably isn't the equal of even the concessionary ABEX contract isn't a cool move. Truly it is a fool's errand, giving up anything in exchange for what isn't yours to bargain for.

i121ADX
02-24-2010, 08:15 AM
Glad to see you have a new job, Astar!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1