Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ANA's Women Only Lav

vagabond
02-24-2010, 06:58 AM
As a woman, I like the idea of having a women-only lav. Those electronic toilet seats that squirt you with warm water are nice, too.

Japan airline to offer women-only toilets - News- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35559406/ns/travel-news/)

bcrosier
02-24-2010, 07:12 AM
The official also said women do not like using shared toilets as men sometimes leave the seat up.

I'm sick of you women always leaving the damn thing down. If you're too lazy to have the simple common courtesy to lift it up, I'm firing away and you take your chances next time you sit. How's that for ya? :D

vagabond
02-24-2010, 07:19 AM
You are a caveman! I bet you don't wash your hands either after your canting and firing. :D

Addendum: You must be a freight dog!!! bwahahahahahaha

Dougdrvr
02-24-2010, 07:49 AM
I supose you'll want your own head on a submarine, too :)

Giggity
02-24-2010, 08:07 AM
You are a caveman! I bet you don't wash your hands either after your canting and firing. :D

Addendum: You must be a freight dog!!! bwahahahahahaha

After?!! I wash 'em before. I don't want to get "it" dirty. :D

jonnyjetprop
02-27-2010, 02:30 PM
I like the idea. Shorter lines for the men's lavs :D

TPROP4ever
02-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Ok but this is the best line from the article:p
Toilet etiquette appears to be an important part of ANA's policy the airline had previously asked passengers to use the lavatories before they board flights so as to reduce the overall weight of the plane, which would ultimately be better for the environment as it would mean less fuel usage.

The Alpine
05-04-2010, 07:54 AM
LOL, just found this thread. Well, a separate lav would be too bad. I object to poor lav manners and like to keep it clean. When I ride in long haul economy, I always try to go in after a woman -they usually do a clean up of some kind. :D

captjns
05-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Not a new concept. Airlines used to have segregated lavs in the early days of transcon and transatlantic jet travel.

hemaybedid
05-04-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm sick of you women always leaving the damn thing down. If you're too lazy to have the simple common courtesy to lift it up, I'm firing away and you take your chances next time you sit. How's that for ya? :D

After?!! I wash 'em before. I don't want to get "it" dirty. :D

I endorse these two quotes!