Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : FDX Employment Verification

30 From Bottom
02-25-2010, 01:17 AM
I haven't had a trip through Memphis (or any hub) all month since the employment verification requirement came out and was wondering if anyone has used their local ramp to process the paperwork?
Can the ramp send it in or do we need to Comat it ourselves? Who do we send it to?

It's due by Monday, March 1st.

fdxShark
02-25-2010, 02:21 AM
FCIF explains it. Read paragraph: "If extenuating circumstances..." Doesn't look easy. Good Luck!

oweeo
02-25-2010, 04:51 AM
Did mine at the local ramp. I used a standard overnight letter from the manager to the address listed on the FCIF and billed to a third party (my acct.). Poor chain of custody and too much personal info to use Comat in my opinion. I also let my ACP's assistant know because they are keeping track of compliance...

purple speed
02-25-2010, 05:11 AM
I turned my paperwork in to the folks in Indy.

Lindy
02-25-2010, 05:59 AM
I contacted the local ramp manager, printed FCIF, and completed the process.

Painless.

MaydayMark
02-25-2010, 09:30 AM
I contacted the local ramp manager, printed FCIF, and completed the process.

Painless.

Reasonably painless in person with the admin ladies in AOC Flight Ops (yes, I realize this thread started saying he couldn't get to a hub).

Purple Nugget
02-25-2010, 09:47 AM
I used the station manager at our local delivery hub. (The one you go to to pick up missed packages.) I called first, stopped by with the paperwork & copies of the FCIF. Turns out all of their employees had to do the same thing last month, so they were familiar with the process. The station even took care of the overnight letter for me.

Gunter
02-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I gave mine to the local ACORN chapter. They filled it out and told me I'll get a check soon.

MajorKong
02-25-2010, 01:36 PM
I gave mine to the local ACORN chapter. They filled it out and told me I'll get a check soon.

Did they also give you 12 different voter registration cards and ask you to vote for their candidates?

The Walrus
02-25-2010, 01:52 PM
They will also give you great tax guidance on running your own underage, illegal alien house of prostitution, as well as tips on handling the unruly pimp in your life.

MD11Fr8Dog
02-25-2010, 07:10 PM

They paid me a $1 each to done 9 more!

30 From Bottom
02-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Local ramp manager did the verification for me no problem. I'm curious if this is a requirement to gain new contracts with the government?

MX727
02-25-2010, 11:31 PM
What's the over/under on the percent of pilots that have this completed by Monday?

Lindy
02-26-2010, 01:20 AM
98%

why? Didn't FCIF state that the pilot was to be removed WITHOUT PAY / NOQ Status until this was completed?

I would say that is an incentive....

purpledog
02-26-2010, 02:59 AM
[QUOTE]Didn't FCIF state that the pilot was to be removed WITHOUT PAY / NOQ Status until this was completed?[QUOTE]
I didn't see that in the FCIF. I haven't transited the planet during the weekdays (managers weren't there during the weekends with the line dogs) nor am I driving on my dime to get this done. They'll have to wait.

purpledog
02-26-2010, 02:59 AM
duplicate...

KnightFlyer
02-26-2010, 04:59 AM
91 percent

MaxKts
02-26-2010, 05:21 AM
I didn't see that in the FCIF. I haven't transited the planet during the weekdays (managers weren't there during the weekends with the line dogs) nor am I driving on my dime to get this done.

So - you are saying you have not gone to work since this became a requirement? It can be done at any ramp or station not just MEM and takes less than 5 minutes.

They'll have to wait.

Maybe, you will have to wait to get paid :eek:

JethroFDX
02-27-2010, 10:47 AM

Cool, when are you opening up your brothel?:D

pipe
02-27-2010, 11:52 AM
98%

why? Didn't FCIF state that the pilot was to be removed WITHOUT PAY / NOQ Status until this was completed?

I would say that is an incentive....

It'll be interesting to see if the CBA allows that to happen. Obviously there are conditions of employment that must be met, but this program is voluntary on the part of the company.

This is just another area where line pilots are treated the same as Christmas sort temp help so it's "fair" and politically correct. I'm thinking that between the Pilot Records Improvement Act and the USPS contract requirements, the pilots could have reasonably been exempted from this "voluntary" program.

PIPE

FR8Hauler
02-27-2010, 12:57 PM
It'll be interesting to see if the CBA allows that to happen. Obviously there are conditions of employment that must be met, but this program is voluntary on the part of the company.

This is just another area where line pilots are treated the same as Christmas sort temp help so it's "fair" and politically correct. I'm thinking that between the Pilot Records Improvement Act and the USPS contract requirements, the pilots could have reasonably been exempted from this "voluntary" program.

PIPE

You "have no special skills" so why would you expect to be treated any differently?

MX727
02-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Wait a minute. I'm confused. Are we against illegal immigration and employing illegals or not? That is what this verification is all about? I mean, as conservatives, this is what we wanted, right?

FDXLAG
02-27-2010, 06:05 PM
So once the last pilot has been verified Illegal Immigration will be over. Better head to that mexican place before Monday.

SaltyDog
02-28-2010, 08:07 PM
So - you are saying you have not gone to work since this became a requirement? It can be done at any ramp or station not just MEM and takes less than 5 minutes.

Maybe, you will have to wait to get paid :eek:

Max,
UPS has pilots on long term military serving the war effort as officers and they wanted them to complete the requirements too and make sure they were not illegal immigrants. The logic is brilliant. ;)
Relevant questions are worthless, mindless compliance is the rule of the day. :rolleyes:
Regardless, Pretty tough for some on active duty outside the country to show up at the few designated places UPS chose in the states to prove their citizenship. Perhaps FedEx has some similarly situated employees?
Yee hah. Hard not to make political commentary on this gov. mandated 'verification'

purpledog
03-01-2010, 03:00 AM
Since I'm junior I've been coming thru Mem on weekends and no managers were working during the Fri or Sat night sorts, imagine that. The nearest ramp is over an hour away. Not on my time. Hopefully someone will be there the next time I come through on Fedex time.

Lindy
03-01-2010, 06:03 AM
PurpleDog -- Do you jumpseat to MEM? If so, during your next j/s ask the ramp manager to complete the paperwork.

MaxKts
03-01-2010, 07:30 AM
PurpleDog -- Do you jumpseat to MEM? If so, during your next j/s ask the ramp manager to complete the paperwork.

My point exactly

If you are operating a trip let the ramp you are operating from do it - if it is an "out and back" do it on the turn.

Every ramp I went to, on my last trip, asked if I had completed the forms.

It's not that hard!!

JethroFDX
03-01-2010, 07:36 AM

PIPE

Kinda like that 'Violence in the Workplace' video.

pipe
03-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Kinda like that 'Violence in the Workplace' video.

I will beat you like a red-headed stepchild if you EVER bring up that video again.:D

PIPE

NoHaz
03-01-2010, 06:55 PM
My point exactly

Every ramp I went to, on my last trip, asked if I had completed the forms.

It's not that hard!!

That's strange they didn't ask me at KIX, PVG, or ICN. Things can get a little harder outside memphis out-and-back range.

JethroFDX
03-01-2010, 11:28 PM
I will beat you like a red-headed stepchild if you EVER bring up that video again.:D

PIPE

It's even better when viewed in 1080p and with surround sound.:D

MX727
03-02-2010, 05:29 AM
Click on the Pocono Record Avatar. :)

FARK.com: (5068312) Should I not have threatened to kill students and co-workers? Was that wrong? (http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=5068312)

MX727
03-03-2010, 03:04 PM
So, <75% it is.

On the upside, we may not be overmanned after the 28th. :eek:

Wildmanny
03-03-2010, 04:00 PM
How many times can we possibly be vetted?Hypothetically, if you weren't able to be in Memphis or get this done somehow, how would that go?

JethroFDX
03-03-2010, 04:23 PM
P.S.--For all you management lurkers out there, I'm providing a jocular example of seditiousness.

It'll still go into your file.:rolleyes: