Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : AAWW Stock

DC8 Driver
02-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Quick question for you savy investors out there...

with all the intel on Evergreen losing the LCF contract with Atlas being the possible new contractor, what r your thoughts on AAWW stock rallying? I'm considering purchasing some shares Monday morning and possibly even going long on some front month AAWW calls. Any info would be helpful....Thx.

Talon1011
02-27-2010, 05:38 PM
The stock is currently trading at $45.08. In March of last year it traded at $10.03

Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. - Google Finance (http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:AAWW)

DC8 Driver
02-27-2010, 05:49 PM
yeah, I've made alot of money off the stock since then. I'm just curious as to what the stock is going to do in the short term if and when this LCF news comes out? Thx.

DC8 Driver
03-04-2010, 12:43 PM
well, to answer my question, I made over 6k today off AAWW long calls and bull put spreads after the Boeing Dreamlifter news came out!...The stock rallied from 45 in change and soared to 49.10 and holding strong in after hours...Hopefully tomorrow will have more volume and the stock will continue to go up. Verry interesting day!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1