Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Memphis Crashpad Advice

herrwolfgang
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm a newly junior F/O thanks to the excess bid moving me dangerously close to the bottom of my seat. I am a commuter stuck on reserve right now and just wondering what advice/tips/hot leads on a crashpad guys out there might have. I am also wondering if there are other resources out there besides the bulletin boards in the crew room and the locker room. I haven't found much online. Thanks in advance.

FXDX
03-04-2010, 01:14 PM
You could check pilot.swapdotnet.

Eck4Life
03-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Haven't tried it, but crewcommute.com

MacGuy2
03-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm a newly junior F/O thanks to the excess bid moving me dangerously close to the bottom of my seat. I am a commuter stuck on reserve right now and just wondering what advice/tips/hot leads on a crashpad guys out there might have. I am also wondering if there are other resources out there besides the bulletin boards in the crew room and the locker room. I haven't found much online. Thanks in advance.

You might check with Tom Herring. He's a FDX pilot. He's got a couple of crash pads in Horn Lake, MS. That's about 15 minutes south of the airport. I stayed in one while I was going through ITU. The price was right and not too far from the motherlode. Good luck.

MG2

JollyF15
03-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Wolf,
We may have room in the Frat House (midtown). Hope you don't mind a bunch of fighter pukes who drink beer?

Jolly

tried to PM you, but no worky. Give me a call at (507) 382-4588

Lifizgud
03-04-2010, 04:31 PM
We have an opening in a very nice executive apartment crashpad at the Greens at Irene. It is fully furnished and includes a country club membership which includes free golf and driving range as well as swimming pools and two fitness centers. The apartment is 2BR, 2BA. For 4 people (2 sharing a bedroom) the cost is $250/month each. Call 662-425-2642 and ask for Bob or PM me.

Sawbuckhead
03-10-2010, 10:03 AM
I have a crash Pad available in Horn Lake. Its a Master Bedroom and bath for privacy. E-mail me if you are interested.

Mark

[email protected]

MadPuppy
03-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Wolf...call 209-769-3461 for details on newly updated crashpad with 3 FedEx pilots who are rarely in town. :p

herrwolfgang
03-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Lifizgud,

Thanks for the heads up. I talked to Bob and checked out your place...very nice. I am excited to get the free golf out of the deal, I need to work on my game. I got one space in the second bedroom and I guess there is one spot left. Thanks for the heads up. Awesome place.

Herrwolfgang

Albief15
03-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Jolly is great people and his pad rocks. :D I didn't stay there last time only because I had an offer from an a&p down at Hernando with a hangar and I wanted my plane to commute over holiday weekends. Midtown has its pluses and minuses, but you won't find a better group of guys to hang out and talk flying, life, and the price of a good cigar.

I rented from Mark back in 2004 and his place was very nice, close to training, and fairly priced. I prefer Horn Lake, Hernando, and Olive Branch to the Tennessee side of the line, but that is just me. Plenty of guys like the TN side better.

You can't go wrong either way.

MaydayMark
03-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Reviving this old thread instead of starting a new one ...

Due to my DL A320 Capt landlord getting transferred to LAX (and selling my current place), I'm looking for a new crashpad.

I'd "prefer" ...

- Germantown (but would consider Collierville, downtown/midtown or MS.
- single room (shared bath OK)
- TV, Internet
- furnished

It looks like I'll be moving my stuff into a temporary self storage place tomorrow unless I can find a pad sometime tomorrow morning.

Will be glad to provide current landlord as long time reference. Please contact via PM

Thanks ... Mark

M4900S
03-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Mark, PM me I don't think I have the privileges yet. I may have a deal for you.

MEMA300
03-25-2012, 06:55 PM
I am looking for something downtown. Anybody got any leads.

CloudSailor
03-25-2012, 07:37 PM
I am looking for something downtown. Anybody got any leads.

+1... Have not found anything on the AOTC or AOC billboards.

Purpltail
03-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Enter Content

KnightFlyer
05-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Looking for private room for upgrade training mid June. Quiet, wireless, fridge, wave, furnished, cable, parking for full size pickup. Any leads are appreciated. MS or Gtown, prefer not too far from Gucci bldg. Thanks.

2dogs
05-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Looking for private room for upgrade training mid June. Quiet, wireless, fridge, wave, furnished, cable, parking for full size pickup. Any leads are appreciated. MS or Gtown, prefer not too far from Gucci bldg. Thanks.

Same here.

Airbusdriver
05-25-2012, 05:42 PM

Make that three. I am looking for a place starting mid July.

7Arrows
05-25-2012, 08:17 PM
"Looking for private room for upgrade training mid June. Quiet, wireless, fridge, wave, furnished, cable, parking for full size pickup. Any leads are appreciated. MS or Gtown, prefer not too far from Gucci bldg. Thanks."

I've got one room opening in a townhouse June 1, and one shared room open now. Also, opening a "brand new" (re-done) house on a small lake in Horn Lake, MS. (chance to put all your buddies in one house). Townhouses were bought new, with all new furniture. Lake house has brand new stainless appliances, therapeutic beds and a detached garage for that full-size truck. 10 miles l(town house) and 13 miles (lake house) from Module D. All mentioned amenities (DTV, not cable), plus lots of other stuff (coffee maker, toaster oven, iron stuff, BBQ). PM, or call for more info.

904-525-1850

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1